Bowling - anyone done it?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Sep 29, 2010.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Our hot weather here still precludes us from doing too much outside, so I have been trying to think of difference things to keep them busy. What about bowling? Has anyone taken their kids bowling (on their own)? how did it work out? was it successful? any tips?

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We took the twins for their 4th bday. We used the handicap ramp to help them and had a lot of fun. Jazz wants to go back all the time

3. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I haven't but if you go in the morning when it isn't busy and use the ramp with bumpers I think it sounds great. Have fun.

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

That sounds like fun!! I agree with the going in the morning and using those bumpers! Have fun!!

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We went to a 4 year old birthday party (when my girls were just over 3) and they had a blast. As long as the bowling alley is not crowded and there are bumpers, it's a super fun kids activity. My girls keep asking to go back!

6. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure my kids wouldn't be able to lift even the lightest ball.

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we took the kids about a month ago and they had a blast!! Here are some of the pictures...

Bowling Pictures

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How in the world could they hold those balls?? We have candlepin bowling here, so the balls are a lot smaller.

The twins were 3ish when I first took them and then Liam was almost 2 1/2 when I took all three. They loved it.

9. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised! I should mention, though, that in addition to bumpers, my kids also used a ramp to propel the balls. I think their bowling balls were 6 pounds. They used two hands to lift the balls onto the ramp and then both hands to push. We're actually headed back in three weeks for a repeat with the birthday party crowd (that's how much fun all the kids had).