Bottle at 22 months, what to do?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by igotboys, Jun 12, 2017.

1. igotboys

igotboys Member

Our boys still take a bottle to go to bed. I'm sure it's a comfort thing. We only fill it up with 2 oz of milk and 4 oz of water. Just enough for them to fall asleep with comfort. However I worry about their teeth and dependency on the "BABA". Does anyone have any suggestions for getting them off? Our maybe a similar story? They don't wake up and need a bottle it's part of our routine and signifies for them it's time to sleep. Thoughts please?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd change the routine to a sippy cup of milk before bed?

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Around this age we went to visit my mother and father in law out of town, we decided when we left that we would 'accidentally' leave their bottles there. They didn't really grasp that we could go to the store and buy new ones so we suggested that we had sippy cups and could try those at bed time until we got their bottles back-they agreed and we never looked back-they forgot about their bottles pretty quick! Good luck!

kingeomer likes this.
  4. igotboys

igotboys Member

So great news. We changed up our bedtime routine and have removed all the milk from the bed. The boys now get 4 oz of water still in a bottle as a way to comfort them as they fall asleep. Within the next couple weeks we are going to remove the bottle totally and go to sippeys. Thanks for all the advice