Both twins transverse

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by 5280babies, Dec 5, 2008.

1. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I know I will be happy to deliver any way that is healthy for my two coming little girls, but I am very disappointed in my appt today with the peri. I am 24wk3d and baby a and b are laying perfectly transverse (and have been for weeks). They are 1 lb 7 oz and 1 lb 8 oz right now. One across the top of my belly under my ribs and the other across the bottom, perfectly perpendicular to where they are supposed to be. My doctor seems to think it is getting late in the game and at my next appointment (28 wk) she said we can be sure, but it is rare to see them turn when they are in this kind of tranverse position. These are our first and most likely last and I am so disappointed - I wanted to have a vaginal delivery so bad. Does anyone have any advice of anything I could try and do to encourage them to be more cooperative? I don't want to give up yet. I have never had any surgery and I was really looking forward to this experience.

:( Betsy

2. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(5280babies @ Dec 5 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1099252[/snapback]
    I know I will be happy to deliver any way that is healthy for my two coming little girls, but I am very disappointed in my appt today with the peri. I am 24wk3d and baby a and b are laying perfectly transverse (and have been for weeks). They are 1 lb 7 oz and 1 lb 8 oz right now. One across the top of my belly under my ribs and the other across the bottom, perfectly perpendicular to where they are supposed to be. My doctor seems to think it is getting late in the game and at my next appointment (28 wk) she said we can be sure, but it is rare to see them turn when they are in this kind of tranverse position. These are our first and most likely last and I am so disappointed - I wanted to have a vaginal delivery so bad. Does anyone have any advice of anything I could try and do to encourage them to be more cooperative? I don't want to give up yet. I have never had any surgery and I was really looking forward to this experience.

:( Betsy

I'm sorry. :( I really want a vaginal delivery, too, so I can understand how you feel.
    I've had breech babies (now both vertex, finally, at 33w) but not transverse so I don't totally know, but I do know there are various natural ways of getting babies to turn. I don't know specific websites but google it and I'm sure you'll find some. One thing I have tried--which may have helped my breech baby flip--is the "pelvic rock." Get on all fours, and gently let your hips sway back and forth a bit. (I think your back can be either straight or arched but not "caved in.") Apparently this gives the babies the most possible room to move around so it increases the odds of them switching positions.

Hugs and good luck!

3. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

My 27 wk ultrasound showed both of my babies lying transverse, and then two weeks later, even though I did not have a ultrasound, my Dr said she could tell that baby B, my girl, was now breached. So they're moving, just not the way I want them to. I know how you feel about having a c section. I've never even had stitches before, and the whole idea of major surgery kind of freaks me out. I'm having another ultrasound next week, and depending on what that shows, I'll go ahead and schedule my c section date then. I've not given up hope though, and regardless of what happens, I know I'll be thrilled to have my babies here.

4. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

mine have moved quite a bit, and from what i understand can still move around even later, at least that is what i have read from other people on this forum.
    Early on for a while, one was breech and one was vertex, then at 1 u/s the one that was breech moved trasnverse, and then now they are both head down. Now whether or not they will stay that way is an entirely different story, but I am not too worried about what there position is up til the very end....I am counting on a c/s just because that way i am prepared for it but I will be glad to do a vaginal if they are both vertex!!

I hope that they move into position for you, and will stay put!

5. SweetTooth

SweetTooth Member

When I went for my 20 wk sono, baby A was vertex and baby B was transverse. They stayed this way for a long time. Now baby A is breech and baby B is vertex. SO A moved the wrong way and B moved the right way - but my point is, they still have time to move!

6. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

At this point they could easily turn. My baby a was head down from early on but b flipped many times. They were both head down at 30 weeks and then by 32 he had flipped back and stayed breech so I am stuck with a c-section. I as well have enver had surgery and had a nice vaginal delivery with my 6 yr old dd-so trust me I know the sadness. But....after a while you accept it more and more. I have my c-section next week and know the morning of will be a wreck but also know I will be meeting the babies, I made it to 38 weeks and hopefully will have a decent recovery.
    It will be fine however it goes. But like I said at 24 weeks anything can change. Good luck