Booster Seats

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by FAE1470, Feb 10, 2008.

1. FAE1470

FAE1470 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies.. I am new to this forum. My babies will be four next month and we need to upgrade to Booster Seats. Can I have some suggestions as to which ones are highly recommended?

Thanks

2. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

Welcome
    We got the Graco high back boosters. They are about $50 at Walmart, I think.

3. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I just ordered some Graco High Back Boosters from Amazon for $39. They were a clearance print but that saved me $20 and they are eligible for free shipping as well.

4. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

We have the Graco Turbo boosters in dh car. Still use the Triumph in mine.

5. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

I have the kind that are backless (just a seat with arms), and while they are very convenient and the boys can easily buckle themselves in, the only drawback I've found is that there's no head support when they drift off to sleep on longer trips. If I were to go back and do it again, I'd buy ones with backs.

6. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We have the high back Graco Turbo boosters as well.

7. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jxnsmama @ Feb 11 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]615845[/snapback]
    I have the kind that are backless (just a seat with arms), and while they are very convenient and the boys can easily buckle themselves in, the only drawback I've found is that there's no head support when they drift off to sleep on longer trips. If I were to go back and do it again, I'd buy ones with backs.

DD was having the same issue. We got a high back booster and gave the backless one to the grandparents for shorter trips.

8. Tripsmommy

Tripsmommy Well-Known Member

Ditto the Gracos, but wishing I'd purchased the Evenflo (I think) Big Kid Booster. It has the little night lights for reading, and the little arms go up and down. the graco's arms do not move and the kids either have to reach over or under to buckle. Just fyi. Not a big deal, but just a little thing that "bugs".

9. FAE1470

FAE1470 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions.. DH and I will be going to Babies R Us this weekend to check out the Graco and the Evenflow.

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(sharongl @ Feb 11 2008, 08:50 AM) [snapback]615937[/snapback]
    We have the high back Graco Turbo boosters as well.

This is the one we have as well.

11. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

We have the graco backless booster.

12. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

did they outgrow their car seats already?

I ask because my boys will be 4 in June and size wise qualify for boosters, but they haven't nearly outgorwn their car seats - hold up to 65 lbs so I don't plan on changing them.

13. momofmandb

momofmandb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jxnsmama @ Feb 11 2008, 06:31 AM) [snapback]615845[/snapback]

Same for me!