Best toilet lid locks?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I need a good toilet lid lock (not the type that you have to bolt to the toilet, as we live overseas and they don't work on the toilets in our house as I have a few already), and not the type that stick on (as my LOs would just pick them off!). Any suggestions?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have not yet used toilet lid locks, so I am curious to see other's suggestions as well.

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We've never used them, and have never needed to. I know when my girls were the age of yours I wanted to buy toilet lid locks, but I didn't get around to it, and now I realize it would have been a waste of money. So, you may not end up needing them. At first we just kept the door to the bathroom closed and then when the girls were old enough to understand, we explained that toilets weren't for playing. They're almost two now and have shown no interest in opening the lid or throwing things in.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We don't have locks either. I keep the bathroom doors closed and they are only in there if someone is in there with them.

5. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

We had one of these and I didn't like it very much.

Now, we have this one and it's great. It doesn't bolt to the toilet but does rest under the seat. We don't have adult men using the toilet very often, so I am not sure if it would conflict with a man standing to pee.

Good luck!

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was such a thing! I have been told that there are good, baby proofing items that are really affordable at Walmart. Please let us know what you find.