Best time to celebrate B-day

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by abrinka, Jun 30, 2009.

1. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

Our twins will be turning one in few weeks and I am having hard time deciding what time to start celebration. I red some tips that the best time is "around nap time" ( they take second nap 2:45-4:15). I assuming that refers to after nap. My DH wants at noon, but I think 4 pm would be better, then twins would go to sleep after all festivities. We are not including party's end time, sounds kind of strange to me.
    Please share any suggestions and your experience.
    Thanks.

2. eechy

eechy Well-Known Member

We had ours at 3 when my two generally wake up from their pm nap and it worked out great. Then you're not worried about either missing a nap or getting people out of your house in time for the pm nap.

Happy party planning!

3. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

we had a small celebration and I did it at 12pm which was post-nap and just before lunch. They ate their lunch with everyone there then played happily afterwards. It lasted for about 2 hours or so then they were ready for their 2nd nap. It worked out fine. I´d plan it around their napping schedule and mealtimes. GL & happy birthday in advance! :birthday:

4. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We started ours around noontime, that way we were able to set up during their morning nap. They ate a bit and played until around 2, went down for their afternoon nap, and when they woke up we did cake and gifts.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We also started ours at 1, after nap. My twins were too excited to take their 2nd nap but they did well throughout the day. When it was bed time, they passed out cold. Good luck and happy birthday to your little ones!

6. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

I had mines right after the babies woke from their afternoon nap. 3pm

7. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

We started ours at 2pm. I did it on Memorial Day weekend, so it was a cookout. Most of my friends started theirs at 3pm, which is after naptime. At the time, my girls were napping earlier, so I figured theyd' be waking up at 2pm. Of course, nothing ever goes according to the plan. The didn't really nap at all that day. I think I put them up for a late nap after they did their cake. One of them fell asleep on my mom. If your kids sleep til 4, maybe start it at 3. That way, they can make an entrance:)

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I always did our parties from 4-7pm. That way it was after both naps. I didn't want to try and squeeze it between the 2 naps, someone always hangs around later after the party too, so I didn't want people to still be there and have to put them down for a nap. The evening always worked well for us. :good:

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We had our party from 2-6. I figured the girls would wake up from a nap around 2ish and then go to the party. They were fashionably late to their own celebration!!!

10. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I would do it just after the afternoon nap - you'll have much better luck that way, IMO. Our boys had to take a nap DURING their 1st brithday party because we timed it based on other people and not the babies (not a mistake we repeated at the 2nd party!).

Have a great time!!!

11. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

We just had an early first birthday party with out-of-state family at a relatives house. Our babies nap from 9-10:30am, so we started the party at 11am. I was expecting them to really start cranking out around 1:30pm, but they made it until a little after 2pm. I am SHOCKED that they didn't have at least a little meltdown...I think all the new faces and new experiences kept them distracted. And our babies fell asleep immediately in the car on the way home. I don't know if they would have gone down very easily for their second nap if we had been at home :)