Best cheap double stroller

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Mar 30, 2012.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am doing a 24hr marathon of airplane flights and layovers on my own with the kids in a few months (they r 4) and was thinking about purchasing a cheap, very lightweight, small double stroller to use at the airport and on small trips when I arrive at my destination. Any suggestions?
    I am not looking for anything large, as I already have a duo glider and bob double stroller, but was really hoping for a very small stroller, especially when it is folded up.

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jeep double umbrella stroller this is about the cheapest one I can think of that's a double. Or, you can use two regular umbrella strollers and get the clips to clip them together. But, from what I heard, it makes it hard to manuever and steer with those clips. And with 2 four yr olds it might be really hard to get around with ;)

3. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

We have the Jeep and love it for travel. It folds up very small and is quite lightweight. Very bare bones but just what you need for getting through an airport!

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Another for the jeep. I ditched the graco duo glider for it once the twins were no longer in baby seats and sitting up well

5. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

We have a Graco Sit & Stand Stroller and loved traveling with it on our most recent trip. Even my DH who didn't think we even needed to take a stroller, was glad we had it. It folds up pretty well and was easy to get around with in the airport. I got ours on a black friday sale for about $60 and from what I remember that was a pretty good deal, so I am not sure what their regular price is.

6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

7. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Sorry the link didn't work for some reason. If you search for double strollers on their website, you'll find it. It's the Babies R' Us Side by Side Stroller - Ripple.

8. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

I bought two cheap babies r us single umbrella strollers and the kit/device that connects them. I found the connecter kit in the stroller area at babies r us. All for less then $50. Works great. I plan to take them on our vacation this summer since we don't have room for their big stroller. Plus we can seperate them as needed into single strollers.

9. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

I will be traveling in June alone with almost 4y and just got Jeep double umbrella from Craigslist for $20. All I need is to take them through airports, hang their back packs on each handle and go through customs. I am not even planning on taking "shades" as they look pretty worthless IMO.I am going to gate check stroller so less stroller better for flight attendants to handle. Also purchase 2 red gate check bags so from what I red they "barely" survive 1 flight and for me with 2 international flight back and forth I decided to purchase 2.
    Good luck with your trip.

10. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

I also have the jeep twin sport double stroller... it folds up about as small as double strollers get, its light, and works well.

11. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I had the Combi one and loved it. I got mine off of Craigslist.

12. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would probably either get the Jeep wrangler twin sport, or get a little bit nicer one (like the combi or a city mini) used for a similar price.