belly pain when standing

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chatongris, May 13, 2010.

1. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

for the past 30min i've been having pain when i stand up that has literally been making me want to cry and sit back down. I don't think these are contractions since i don't see my belly harden or feel it harden. Its just pain across the front of my belly near my belly button and it goes away soon after i sit. Any ideas? You'd think this being my 3rd pregnancy i'd know what was going on lmbo!

i have an u/s with the mfm dr tomorrow morning so i will bring it up then.

2. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the pain around the belly button, but I have it down low in the groin area all the time right now! I can't even walk when it flares up. I'm assuming it's just stretching?? I do have belly button pain sometimes, but it's due to a umbilical hernia I had repaired. I'm sure they'll be able to assure you tomorrow that it's normal. :)

3. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

I have had a lot a belly button pain and round ligament pain with this twin pregnancy and this is my 4th pregnancy. Everything seems to be twice as intense and happens about 2-3 months earlier than a singleton pregnancy. I have a couple weeks left and just today I am getting more ligament/muscle stretching pain. Just follow your bodies cues and take a break when you need to and call your Dr if you are really concerned. I remember having a hard time walking around during my 2nd trimester, for some odd reason now it's not painful, just heavy - like carrying 2 full size watermelons.

4. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I had those around the belly button and I remember I was really concerned myself, too.
    With twin pregnancy I think your body is just pushed to its limits (I cannot even imagine carrying more than two babies! - kudos to all of those mommies!) and as those muscles and ligaments are being stretched at a faster pace, this is how your body is reacting.
    Don't push yourself, rest as much as you can.

5. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

thanks everyone! the mfm dr said its just extremely fast stretching ligaments and to rest when i hurt.