beach gear and how to get it down there

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Shohenadel, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

Ok, we're doing our first day trip to the beach with all four girls: ages 7, 5, and 17 month old twins. I have a super gate thing that I would like to bring down to keep them contained. I didn't know if anyone here has any good ideas on how to get all the stuff down on the beach: cooler, gate, chairs, bags with stuff, etc.

Any suggestions?

shannon

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Pack mule? :p Seriously, if you're going to be doing this a few times per year, I'd look into getting some sort of beach cart. They make ones that will hold a cooler, beach chairs, towels, etc. and some have larger wheels that don't get stuck in the sand.

Otherwise, do you have a wagon for your kids? You could pile up all the gear in the wagon and have the kids walk.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wagon or a jogging stroller. :)

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have used our wagon (The Radio Flyer pathfinder) and also we have a Beach Cart that I paid about $40 for last year.

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

We have the same beach cart as moski - $40 at BJ's wholesale. We use it all the time for pool and beach.

6. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Since we only go to the beach once a year or so we just bring the wagon, but I would totally buy that cart if I went more!! Have fun!

7. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

We've used that same beach cart and it's super easy to pull even when loaded down. Highly suggest it if you're going to do this more than once.

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My friend always brings her kids sled- it goes better through the sand. :)