Be Honest-Would You Have Your Boys Wear This?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cjk2002, Apr 17, 2008.

1. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I will pass, I agree with eveyrone else. Take pics in it and send and use it around the house or whatever but not out and about. it is the thought that counts though

2. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

maybe but I sould have to see it on them ... I think I would try to put a blue tshirt under it ... its cute but humm I dont know ...

3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Um, no. :lol:

We had a dilemma at Easter this year, because DH's aunt bought Kevan some Jon Jon's -- nice, expensive ones from Strasberg. Cute, but so totally NOT my style (sorry Melissa!) -- I prefer khaki's and polo shirts, even for baby boys. But, we ended up putting him in them anyway, because the aunt would have been really insulted if we hadn't....

They didn't look like THAT outfit, however. LOL!

4. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

At 3 months, absolutely! I love little cute outfits.

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOl! I don't have boys, but NO!

6. texastwinks

texastwinks Well-Known Member

No. Aidan did wear the one piece outfits but he wouldn't have worn that one.

7. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Ok, it's good to know I'm not the only one who thought these outfits were not "boy-wear". If you look close, the cheeks are pink daisies.

I did think about using the excuss of not being able to fit in them next year. I hope they have a huge growth spurt around 12months. :lol:

They do have an 8 y/o girl, maybe that explains it. :rolleyes: They live about 2 hours away, we did not see them this year for easter but we might next year. I do appreciate them thinking of the boys, they are tight on money and marked down they were $4.25 each.

I'll just put them in the closet and have a good laugh when I pull out the 18 months clothes.

I also forgot that my dh's brother for christmas this year bought the boys leather biker jackets. I was still pg in December.
    The size.......6T :eek: They don't have kids and they have done this before with other nephews in the family, they just see things that are cute and don't look at the size. Those are in a rubbermaid bin in the basement.

8. ksugal

ksugal Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fourznuff @ Apr 18 2008, 12:52 AM) [snapback]727322[/snapback]
    I think these outfits were 75% off for a reason and I don't think that reason is because Easter is over. :D

:icon_biggrin:

9. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

I think maybe for a girl, but not for boys. And maybe if you could get rid of the creepy feet.

10. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

Personally, NO. I don't like "girly" outfits for boys.

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I might put DS in it for giggles, maybe for a minute. But as long as my DH is alive, breathing and aware of what's going on around him-there would be no way our boy would be wearing that.

12. meliz812

meliz812 Well-Known Member

Oh my, no way! I think they are hideous and I wouldn't even put my little girls in them! I like the, "sorry, didn't fit!" excuse for next year.

13. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(*Lori* @ Apr 17 2008, 11:41 PM) [snapback]727252[/snapback]
    I vote those are house clothes as well, maybe they would be good for dyeing eggs in.

Fantastic idea!!

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No I would not put DS in that.

15. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

I probably would not have bought them myself for boys, but honestly, they are not THAT awful.
    It is the thought that counts. You can always have them wear them around the house if you are that uncomforable with them. I've seen a lot worse!!!

16. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

If they were under a year old, yes. Over that, no. I think they are actually really cute (and I've never been in favor of dressing baby boys as if they were tiny teenagers), but just too babyish for a toddler.

17. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Rose524 @ Apr 18 2008, 09:16 AM) [snapback]727829[/snapback]
    I probably would not have bought them myself for boys, but honestly, they are not THAT awful.
    It is the thought that counts. You can always have them wear them around the house if you are that uncomforable with them. I've seen a lot worse!!!

I totally agree!
    I think babies/little ones are so cute anyways that it really doesnt matter what they are wearing :)
    These go in the 'funny/cute/costume-y' catagory
    (i still think the feet hanging off is HILARIOUS as opposed to scary/hideous!!!!)

18. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I might put DD in that but NOT DS...not that I think its particularly hideous but its just not boyish!

19. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I think they're cute - for girls. I would not put a boy in it.

20. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

When you say the feet move- how do they move- by themselves? Are they battery operated somehow? That's kind of weird, but I would still probably put my boys in those outfits, maybe not for Easter, but before they were 18 months, though I can't imagine putting any baby boy or girl into something with those feet- if they're crawling, wouldn't those feet get in the way? I'm clearly obsessing on those feet. I don't think they're hideous or anything, I just can't figure them out... Nice thought, though. I get lots of things for my kids, too that won't fit them for like 5 years. We don't have them in rubbermaid bins, though, just a bunch of garbage bags we're hoping won't get all filled with moths or other creatures!