back to the doctors office

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by 2Xthelove, Mar 28, 2008.

1. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

well we still are battleing a temp. at least it's not 103.5 anymore but we are down to 101 and even 100. this since monday night when it went up to 103.5. she is on antibiotics for an ear infection since wednesday night. taking infants tylenol every 3 hours infant motrin every 6hours. it does get down to lowest was 100.8. i am bringing her back to the docs because he said if by friday its still 101 range then he wants to re-check her. GREAT!!! now what?

2. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you're still dealing with the fever, but it is good that it has dropped. My doc always says that it takes about 24-48 hours for the antibiotics to kick in full force and that a fever should show a noticeable difference by then...perhaps that's why he asked you to come back in...to make sure the antibiotics are working and if not, to check if there is something else going on or that she may need a stronger one.

Good luck.

3. caba

caba Banned

I'm sorry! I know it's scary to see those high temps in your babies!! Mine are both battling ear infections now, we started antibiotics on Monday night, and I think that as of last night/this morning they are really starting to get back to being themselves ... give her a few days! I hope the temp stays down!

Erica

4. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Sorry you are still dealing with this. Hopefully the antibotics will kick in very soon :)

Dianna

5. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear things are not better :(

Hopefully the antibiotics start working really soon:)

6. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

well today at the docs he said ear infection is fine to stop the antibiotics because now she has diarrhea and it was upsetting her stomache i am giving her some rice cereal hoping to stop it and i am trying to get her to drink more but she is taking bottles so that's good. she is still stuffy. he took a blood test on her because she had a little rash and he wanted to make sure it wasn't roseolla well turns out she doesn't have that and her white count is down that shows she has a virus so he say give her a couple more days and that if the fever goes back up he wants to give her a different antibiotic. she looks pale and just down in the dumps. she wants to be held only by me most of the time and then she also wants me to just sit next to her. then she puts her arms out and i pick her up and she lays her head on my shoulder then after a couple minutes she will want to get back down but i must stay with her or she will cry. sometimes i can manage to slip away but not for long.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry she is still feeling sick. Ear infections are the pits. I have 3 kids with them right now!!