Baby Belly Buttons

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinnies2006, Nov 24, 2006.

1. twinnies2006

twinnies2006 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

I"m just curious when your baby's belly buttons took their actual form?

My girls both look a little outtie, but one a lot moreso than the other. The one with the outtie is under examination for other issues right now, (one sydrome actually has a symptom of umbillical hernia), but i didn't want to stress about this unnecessarily, if its perfectly normal for babies to have the appearance of outties until they are a bit older.

My girls are 5 weeks old, but were 5 weeks premature.

Thanks for any input!

2. twinnies2006

twinnies2006 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

I"m just curious when your baby's belly buttons took their actual form?

My girls both look a little outtie, but one a lot moreso than the other. The one with the outtie is under examination for other issues right now, (one sydrome actually has a symptom of umbillical hernia), but i didn't want to stress about this unnecessarily, if its perfectly normal for babies to have the appearance of outties until they are a bit older.

My girls are 5 weeks old, but were 5 weeks premature.

Thanks for any input!

3. NYCmom

NYCmom Well-Known Member

One of mine has an "outie" that is an umbilical hernia -- my DH calls it the "devil's tower belly button" and jokes that she can dock with her sister. Umbilical hernias look odd, but they generally self-correct within the first year as their stomach muscles get stronger.

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Jacob has an outie, which is also a small umbilical hernia. Doc said not to worry, it will go away! [​IMG]

5. valeriemiller39

valeriemiller39 Well-Known Member

We have one innie and one outtie! I think its cute!

6. Carpathia

Carpathia Well-Known Member

My daughter is super skinny and so it took forever for her belly button to take it's normal form. It stuck out so much that one woman commented to me that she looked like she had a penis!! Needless to say I was so annoyed with her. Anyway, maybe about 3 months after her due date, her belly button finally went in.

Mona

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

My DD has a UH OUTTIE and my pedi says we'll worry about it if it's still there when she's three or four..... I guess they correct themselves sometime, so it's too early to even think about at this time.....

8. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

My skinny twin had an outtie that became an innie by the time he was 2 months. Your girls might just need some time!