baby acne

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by foppa2102, Jul 23, 2008.

1. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

my girls are 6 wks old and have started with the baby acne last week. they both have a few actual whitehead pimples on their faces, not milia, but actual pimples. how do these go away and is there anything special i should do for them or wash them with soap? i thought you weren't supposed to use soap on their faces yet. tia,
    amy

2. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

My kids had it for several months before it cleared up. It gradually got better and they have the most gorgeous skin and faces now, I can barely remember it unless I look at photos.

I used something called, if I remember correctly, Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema Wash and also the lotion. Sometimes I also gave my DD a 'facial' with Aveeno baby oatmeal powder and it seemed to help.

It will go away - no worries!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Josh was the only one of my kids that really had it, and I remember it being really bad right around that time. My doc told me to wash his face with Cetaphil, and it did help a little.

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

The only thing I've heard about baby acne is that it eventually clears up. I would suggest calling the pedi and describing it to see what he/she says.

5. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

We did Cetaphil, too, per our pedi. It should clear up in a little bit, though.

6. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My ds did get it around that time and it lasted a few months. i figured that it didn't bother him so we just left it alone and it eventually cleared up, we didn't used anything on it. Just water when we washed them at bathtime.

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Our pedi said to just use water and it will go away on its own. M had it for about 2 weeks and then it cleared up.

8. jschiess

jschiess Well-Known Member

One of mine had it right around that age. It cleared up within a few weeks--I see no evidence of it in pictures taken around 10 weeks. We never wash their faces with anything but clean water.