baby acne

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I suspect that one of my girls has baby acne. Her face has tiny, tiny red bumps all over and is just not smooth like baby's faces usually are. It doesn't seem to bother her at all though. Is there anything that can be done to get rid of it?

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My ds had this and there wasnt anything that would help it-it just went away after a couple weeks. I just washed it with a wash cloth and used a little lotion to make sure it didnt get dry.

3. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

No, there's nothing you can do, and actually it's better for their skin if you just leave it alone. Of course, keep them clean, but don't use any products on it, the acne will eventually go away :good:

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

One of my girls got little bumps like this and the pedi suggested Aquaphor. They were gone within a couple of days. She did say to make sure we didn't put it on during the day because the sun reflects off the grease in the ointment and can cause a sunburn. We would put a generous amount on just before bed.

5. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

We just left it alone. to this day it still flares up now and then. The PED said it is just a hormonal thing and not to worry! Wash it with warm water, pat dry and leave it alone!

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Meara had this and the pedi said to just wash with water (no soap) and it would go away on its own. After a couple of weeks it did, but sometimes she gets a little rashy even now (especially if she's been playing outside and its windy). Our pedi also said that it doesn't bother the babies (its not itchy), it just looks bad. That reassured me too.

7. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

I agree with the others - just wash it - preferrably with just water no soap since some soaps even lotion can irritate it. It will go away all on it's own. Only one of my girls had it and it wasn't for very long. :D

8. nikkisix

nikkisix Well-Known Member

We used Cetaphil face wash and/ or cream. I imagine Aquaphor would work great too...we use that now on eczema.