Babies are great U/S tech (and DH) a ditz.. LONG vent

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AWerner, Dec 2, 2006.

1. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

I had my 26 week appt on Wednesday which included an ultrasound. I really had to go to the bathroom before the u/s and while I was in the bathroom the ultrasound tech asked my DH my due date. for some reason he told her February when I am not due until March 4(we are hoping I make it to Feb. so I think that was on his mind)She asked me again my due date during the ultrasound and I told her the correct date.
    Anyway, when she was getting the measurements she was concerned that the babies were too small Baby B was 2# 3oz and Baby A 1# 15 oz
    which I didn't understand b/c I thought that should be right on.
    So then the nurse practioner wants me to come back for another u/s next week and wants me to do a NST right then because they are worried about the babies size.
    It takes forever to get both babies heartbeats on the monitor b/c they are moving like crazy beause I also was doing my GTT and just took the tasty drink.
    25 minutes later the Nurse Practioner comes back says Oh there is good news everything is completely fine, the babies are great and not small the ultrasound tech had me down as being 30 weeks not the 26 weeks that I am. ugh.
    It was great to find out there was nothing really wrong but I am frustrated at this U/S tech who also had the gall to say "Uh Oh" at my initial viablity ultrasound at 8 weeks when she saw there were twins, then told us "oh there are two"
    Can't wait to see her again!!! [​IMG]

2. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

I had my 26 week appt on Wednesday which included an ultrasound. I really had to go to the bathroom before the u/s and while I was in the bathroom the ultrasound tech asked my DH my due date. for some reason he told her February when I am not due until March 4(we are hoping I make it to Feb. so I think that was on his mind)She asked me again my due date during the ultrasound and I told her the correct date.
    Anyway, when she was getting the measurements she was concerned that the babies were too small Baby B was 2# 3oz and Baby A 1# 15 oz
    which I didn't understand b/c I thought that should be right on.
    So then the nurse practioner wants me to come back for another u/s next week and wants me to do a NST right then because they are worried about the babies size.
    It takes forever to get both babies heartbeats on the monitor b/c they are moving like crazy beause I also was doing my GTT and just took the tasty drink.
    25 minutes later the Nurse Practioner comes back says Oh there is good news everything is completely fine, the babies are great and not small the ultrasound tech had me down as being 30 weeks not the 26 weeks that I am. ugh.
    It was great to find out there was nothing really wrong but I am frustrated at this U/S tech who also had the gall to say "Uh Oh" at my initial viablity ultrasound at 8 weeks when she saw there were twins, then told us "oh there are two"
    Can't wait to see her again!!! [​IMG]

3. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

"Uh oh" as a response to discovering twins? How professional! It's amazing how these U/S techs' bedside manners really vary. We've had some wonderful nice competent ones and a few dopes. I'm glad she just got mixed up and everything is OK but sorry to hear you have to deal with someone like that re. such a crucial part of your prenatal care.

4. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I'm glad the babies are right on track for 26 weekers. [​IMG] That tech totally missed the boat when she didn't correct your due date after getting the correct date from you. It's a good thing the NP caught it so there's no undue worry. On another note, I can't believe the tech said "Uh Oh" when she saw two babies. [​IMG]

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Not to stick up for her rude comment, but it's possible that she's had experiences with people reacting very badly to the news that it's twins. Maybe she was "bracing" herself in case you didn't take the news well!

Anyway, glad everything is ok!

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Is there possibly another U/s tech you could see? [​IMG] On the funny side at my first us(at 24 weeks [​IMG]) the u/s(who has twins) goes there's one girls and here's another. Hysterics then followed(my mom and my meme went with me).