Art Easel

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kyrstyn, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Any recommendations? I would like to only have to get one that they both could use. My girls are only 17 months, do you think they are still too young for this? Thanks! :)

2. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

All my kids (15 months and 3) love the art easel. We have a double sided one with a chalkboard on one side and a white erase board with magnetic letters on the other. It is a huge hit.

3. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(allboys @ Mar 11 2009, 12:01 PM) [snapback]1223428[/snapback]
    All my kids (15 months and 3) love the art easel. We have a double sided one with a chalkboard on one side and a white erase board with magnetic letters on the other. It is a huge hit.

This sounds like the same one my kids got for Christmas ... and they love it!

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(allboys @ Mar 11 2009, 08:01 AM) [snapback]1223428[/snapback]

Do you know which one it is?

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

K, I went to a garage sale and bought a used one for $3!!! It's great! It has chalkboard on one side and dry erase on the other. It doesn't have paint holders at the bottom, but I'm not sure I want paint out quite yet anyway. Keep an eye on craigslist too!

6. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

we have a chalkboard one from Step 2 that was only $14 at Toys R Us. The girls LOVE it. I should have gotten two!

7. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

We have the step 2 easel. They got it for Christmas. It is perfect for them. It is a great height. They could have gotten it sooner.
    Step 2 Easel

8. caba

caba Banned

Krystyn, this is the one I have ... and I think it sounds like the same one that allboys mentioned.

Crayola Easel

9. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

We had a Step 2 one I believe. My kids loved it but they generally used it as a slide so it didn't last long. Good luck with your search!

10. cupcake

cupcake Well-Known Member

We have the crayola easel, it is double-sided. My kids love it! One of the best purchases I have made.

11. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Mar 11 2009, 12:54 PM) [snapback]1223520[/snapback]
    We have the step 2 easel. They got it for Christmas. It is perfect for them. It is a great height. They could have gotten it sooner.
    Step 2 Easel

We also have this one. The only problem with it is that it is sturdy enough to climb on :).

12. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

I have the step 2 easel. I need to watch my younger boys closely when playing with it because the magnetic letters are a bit small and can end up in their mouths.

13. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

How do you guys get your kids to use the right writing implements on the right sides? I am afraid my kids would not understand and would use the dry erase on the chalk side and vice versa. And if I just put paper up there and let them use crayons, I would be afraid they would get crayon all over the white board and chalk board. Am I being silly?

14. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

We got an easel early on and the girls love it...we still use it almost daily. Here is a link to our recommendation:
    Easel

:)

15. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my SIL and BIL got the twins the Melissa and Doug Art easel - which is a chalk board on one side, dry erase on the other and also comes with paint and a roll of paper to put on it...we haven't put it up yet - we're waiting until we move...

16. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

And don't forget to hop over to Hobby Lobby. I saw Crayola Easel that was orginally $45 and mark down to $29.99 (I think). They only had 3 left so I will be going back today to see if they still have it. They may even take it off even more at the cashier depending on the sales paper.

Thought you might want to swing by Hobby Lobby
    RJ

17. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

My parents got the twins THIS ONE from Ikea for their 3rd birthday. White board on one side, chalk board on the other, and a roll of paper that can go over either side. Only $25.

We still haven't given them the dry erase markers - we have the paper coming over the white board side. I was afraid they'd draw on the walls with the markers, but now that they're 4 it might be time to give it a try.

I love Ikea and wish we had one close by.

Rachel