arghh, angry pregnant woman rant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by haleystar, May 18, 2009.

1. andbabiesmake4

andbabiesmake4 Active Member

I felt the same way about matching clothes (I got maybe 25% matching clothes).

Some things I was able to coordinate with other items so the girls wouldn't be wearing the same thing. Eventually I stopped minding so much. Now they just wear whatever I feel like putting them in, matching or not.

It's really sad, though, when they go out in matching outfits and people ask, "Are they twins?" What else would they be!?

2. efmolly

efmolly Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Momof2wonders @ May 18 2009, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1318203[/snapback]
    [SIZE=12pt]Seriously, i am of a difeerent opinion than the rest here, I never had a baby shower. I would just be mortified, these are your babies, you and their father have to provide for them, if your friends want to make gifts then they can choose what to give. I cannot understand why you are so upset by this, you obviously have lovely people who care and went shopping for your babies! The essentials like bottles, pacis, strollers, cribs and everything really is your responsibilty as a parent. You do sound ungrateful and i do not sympathise, we have two children, i am a sahm and expect id boys any day now, we had to tighten things around but we got everything ourselves and would never have expected others to provide for our children, any gifts we receive is greatly appreciated. [/SIZE]

I understand that it is the parents' responsibility to provide for their children but why should people who love you waste their money on things that wont be used? When you give a gift you give it with the intention of being helpful- it isn't helpful if all you get is fluff you wont use and nothing you really NEED. There are also parents in the same boat as my husband and myself- we were prepared for the expenses of one baby (that's why we chose to get pregnant), but were totaly unprepared for the HUGE additional cost of not only another baby, but a complicated pregnancy, missed work, and more medical bills. If your family and friends are in positions to help you and want to do so, then NOTHING is wrong with asking them for help when you need it.