Anyone with 11 month old Sleeping Issues??

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Shadyfeline, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

All of a sudden my boys are horrible sleepers? Before these last two weeks although they were early birds 6:30pm-5:30am with maybe 2hr. naptime a day but still slept consistantly.

They have just recently been going to bed later at about 7:30 but Ian is consistanly waking every hour until about 10:30/11pm ( I used to go to bed at 9pm) so I have to stay up...then last night they were both awake from 1:30-3am, I finally had to let them cry theirselves back to sleep after giving them a bottle, changing them etc. Which resulted in a fight with DH since he had to get up for work at 4am but there was nothing else I could do to get them to sleep, plus they are still waking at about 6am.

Any Suggestions.. Or is this some kind of growth spurt??

2. Shadyfeline

All of a sudden my boys are horrible sleepers? Before these last two weeks although they were early birds 6:30pm-5:30am with maybe 2hr. naptime a day but still slept consistantly.

They have just recently been going to bed later at about 7:30 but Ian is consistanly waking every hour until about 10:30/11pm ( I used to go to bed at 9pm) so I have to stay up...then last night they were both awake from 1:30-3am, I finally had to let them cry theirselves back to sleep after giving them a bottle, changing them etc. Which resulted in a fight with DH since he had to get up for work at 4am but there was nothing else I could do to get them to sleep, plus they are still waking at about 6am.

Any Suggestions.. Or is this some kind of growth spurt??

3. EllenJamie

EllenJamie Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but our babies are one and they have been sleeping like that since about 11 months. I hope someone can give us some words of wisdom and help us figure out what to do.

4. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

my babies have never slept through, but the last month or so, my son wakes up more often stands up in his crib and sounds panicked. I think it's separation anxiety, though I'm not sure.

5. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

My girls have never been good sleepers but I have finally decided I am going to make them stay in their beds until at least 7 am because they do not go to bed until 8:00 pm. I have have and do let them cry. They are used to it now and usually don't cry over 1-2 minutes and if it is much longer I will go up, check on them, cover them up and back to bed, now last night one pooped in the night and I changed her, but I never change a pee diaper in the middle of the night.

I think it is seperation anxiety at this age.

6. Shadyfeline

Well, I got to sleep 10 straight hrs. last night!! Big difference! What we did is no humidifier (just getting over stuffiness) and although I was afraid to use one on them, a blanket and back to bedtime at 6:30 no later. Ian did wake at 7:15 but DH gave him a few sips of a bottle and that is when we turned off the Humidifier and put blankets on.

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

When all their needs are met and they are just trying to prolong awake time, I let them talk and cry and play etc. in their cribs.

They DO go through phases of sleeping well and not sleeping, but I have found that if I am consistent in my routine and times - they fall back into line rather quickly.