Anyone use a home fetal Doppler heart rate monitor?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tier1Terrier, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Active Member

I'm curious to find out which home fetal Doppler heart rate monitors people are using.

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't remember which one I had, but yes I had one, I bought it with my second child and used it with my twins :)

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I had a cheap one I bought on Amazon. I can't remember the name but it was about $30. You can also rent them. It's a pretty easy process from what I understand. I just never used them once I was feeling regular movement.

4. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Active Member

UPDATE: While at one of my wife's previous OB visits, I took note of the fetal doplar that they used in the office. It was called a 'Nicolet Vascular Elite 200' and when I first looked them up online, I saw them selling for $700ish. I decided to search Ebay and found one for $150. Bought it and have been very pleased with it's performance. We've been using it almost daily to listen to the babies' heartbeats and it usually only takes a few seconds to find. Even though my wife is just starting to feel them kick, it's nice to have just one more way to 'check in on' the babies.

1 person likes this.