Any other placenta previa/bedrest girls out there?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mellie03, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Mellie03

Mellie03 Active Member

Hi ladies,

I am currently 28w2d with b/g twins and complete placenta previa. I just got home from a weeks' stay at the hospital due to my first (and while I was there, second) bleed. Now I'm at home on modified bedrest, until the next bleed, in which case if it's a big one they'll keep me in until the twins are born. I'm just praying it doesn't happen until at least 32 weeks. They got both rounds of steriod shots in while at the hospital, so that was a big milestone, and each day I'm just happy to still be pregnant and not giving birth or bleeding.

I have a 2 year old DD at home and DH and I are struggling to arrange help. On top of that, our house is under major construction, and my DH has a huge exam for his analyst license in one week! I am kind of freaking out right now about how we're going to manage my bedrest and/or next hospital stay. I'm fighting the demons between feeling like I need to get up to help with DD and help DH, and knowing I need to sit on my rear to keep these babies inside me.

Anyone else out there like me? I'm feeling a little alone right now. None of the pregnancy books cover previa except for a short paragraph or two, and there's not much out there it seems on the web besides saying the same things I can find in my books. How does/did everyone handle the stress of bleeding (and never knowing when or if it will start again) and bedrest?

Thanks for letting me tell my story and let me know if you can relate!

Mellie
    DD 2 years old
    28w2d b/g twins!

2. Mellie03

Mellie03 Active Member

Hi ladies,

I am currently 28w2d with b/g twins and complete placenta previa. I just got home from a weeks' stay at the hospital due to my first (and while I was there, second) bleed. Now I'm at home on modified bedrest, until the next bleed, in which case if it's a big one they'll keep me in until the twins are born. I'm just praying it doesn't happen until at least 32 weeks. They got both rounds of steriod shots in while at the hospital, so that was a big milestone, and each day I'm just happy to still be pregnant and not giving birth or bleeding.

I have a 2 year old DD at home and DH and I are struggling to arrange help. On top of that, our house is under major construction, and my DH has a huge exam for his analyst license in one week! I am kind of freaking out right now about how we're going to manage my bedrest and/or next hospital stay. I'm fighting the demons between feeling like I need to get up to help with DD and help DH, and knowing I need to sit on my rear to keep these babies inside me.

Anyone else out there like me? I'm feeling a little alone right now. None of the pregnancy books cover previa except for a short paragraph or two, and there's not much out there it seems on the web besides saying the same things I can find in my books. How does/did everyone handle the stress of bleeding (and never knowing when or if it will start again) and bedrest?

Thanks for letting me tell my story and let me know if you can relate!

Mellie
    DD 2 years old
    28w2d b/g twins!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with placenta previa - but [​IMG]

4. Monkeypoodle

Monkeypoodle Member

Hi,

I don't have the same medical problem, but have been on strict bedrest since 22 weeks (now @ 31w5d). I can get up to use the bathroom, have a 15 min shower and sit upright to eat.

I have a 16 month old dd, so I understand how hard it is to have to rely on your dh and others to basically do everything for you. Ask people for help -- hire some help if you need to. We have people from our church bringing dinner 4x a week, plus friends helping with the baby.

Bedrest puts a strain on everything, but no matter what, it is important that you follow your doctor's advise.

My sister-in-law gave me this bit of wisdom: The most important thing you have to do is lie down and rest. Let everything else go.

This is extremely difficult to do, but I feel like each day I can stay in bed raises the chances that my babies will stay inside. I've read so much about complications with preemies. I hope and pray to bring my babies to term and right now that is my single highest priority.

Bedrest is very hard. I wish you all the best -- and that you bring your pregnancy to term.

5. NWtwinmomma

NWtwinmomma Member

I hardly know anything about placenta previa too. I have partial placenta previa, but am just on pelvic rest. (Discovered at 15w6d.)

Hang in there and try not to feel guilty for being on bedrest. The most important thing for everyone in your family is for you to rest, rest, rest. DH & anyone else you can find to help will handle it. (((Hugs))

6. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I started bleeding at work one day and found out I had partial placenta previa and was put on bedrest from about 17-22 weeks, where we found out that the placenta had moved up. I didn't have the complications that you have [​IMG] and I feel bad that you have to go through this!!! Bedrest is a necessary evil and I completely understand the need you still have to "contribute" to the household, especially when a million hectic stressful things are going on around the house and in your lives. But like PP said, the most important thing is to take care of those two little bundles that you are carrying. It's not easy, especially if you have an, um, uncooperative DH, but it's so important, and a few weeks is nothing compared to making sure that they get the best possible start in life. When I was on bedrest, any time I tried to do anything remotely "big", I would bleed. It's a hard lesson to learn! I think as women we are just hard-wired to want to help and do everything and anything that it's hard to lay back, even when the doc orders it.

Hang in there!!!!! Do you have family in the area that can help out??? My MIL brought dinners and groceries sometimes and that was awesome, and my parents would come over and bring things as well. If you belong to a church they might be able to organize some helpers for you as well.

[​IMG]

7. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I am not currently expecting, but find myself reading this board at times.

I spent 2 very long years on bedrest for placenta previa. I feel like I am an expert on the whole previa thing.
    I spent 3 months on bedrest with the twins and 6 months with my son and a month in the hospital with my son.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any personal questions. I have really been through it all and would be happy to share my previa experiences with anyone else who needs more info.