amnio fliud

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AWillow, Dec 14, 2006.

1. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

I had my 1st BPP a few days ago and they noticed that baby B was more fluid then baby A. Both the sonographer and my Peri mentioned it, but niether seemed that concerned. Could diffent fluid levels be a sign of something happening to one of my babies? Do you guys think it is normal and healthy for them to have diffrent fluid levels?

-Awilda

2. AWillow

I had my 1st BPP a few days ago and they noticed that baby B was more fluid then baby A. Both the sonographer and my Peri mentioned it, but niether seemed that concerned. Could diffent fluid levels be a sign of something happening to one of my babies? Do you guys think it is normal and healthy for them to have diffrent fluid levels?

-Awilda

3. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Do they have separate placentas? If not, it's probably something they would want to watch. Most of the time it is absolutely nothing because they are just different babies but, in babies that could possibly be identical, they would want to watch it just in case it turned out to be the beginnings of TTTS (only a 10-15% chance of that though).

4. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I agree with Alison, but I thought I remember you saying that your boys each have their own placenta? If so, they are probably fine. [​IMG]

5. AWillow

We actully don't know if the boys each have there own placenta or not. By the time the checked for that it was too late to determine whether is was one placenta or two that had fused.

6. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...well, since you don't know for sure about placenta/placentas, if I were you, I would push for a thorough ultrasound and weight check of the babies. Do you know their weights or what their weights have been up until now? A fluid difference could mean something, but not necessarily. They can look at the boys' bladders, doppler blood flow, etc. and actually get a measure on the fluid levels. They can at least look at these things and hopefully put your mind at ease. The good thing, no matter what, is that you are past 30 weeks...that's great!! Hugs, mama! [​IMG]

7. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

I agree, I would push for an ultrasound to check for TTTS, just in case!