AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

Last night's show was wonderful!!

Seems the majority of us on here are picking out the same bottom three... Luke, Danny and Chikeeze. For me, I think Danny was by far the worst, only cause he was annoying as h*ll... I didn't think that song could be any more gayed up, but I was wrong! Chikeeze can sing, but he just doesn't seem to be quite in the same league as the other guys. Just missing that "wow", ya know? And luke.. I haven't liked one single performance by him yet.. he just seems so.. umm.. not really sure... but I agreed completely with simon, and even said almost the exact same thing he did before he did! there is no way he could win the competition, absoluely no way.

My top of the night... David Cook. OMG!! That was just amazing. Brilliant actually. The orriginal is so blah blah, but lyrically an amazing song. David backed those amazing lyrics up, with an amount of music, guitar, everything.. that finally did the words justice. And, OMG... that man can perform! His facial expresions while singing are amazingly dead on.. I felt his freaken daggers of jealousy when he sang "and is somebody loving you".. It was absolutely brilliant!

My second fav was Jason, dread lock kid. LOVED his version of Halleluijah.. very vulnerable. I get the beach bum feel to him too. Like he's that guy that brings his guitar to the beach bomfire and sits around strumming and singhing while everyone else dances and enjoys... and he wasn't hired to be the parties band or anythign, just the guy who always shows up with his guitar. Think he has a better time expressing himself (easier for him) through music than through talking. He reminds me of my dad, actually. H sorta pointed that out. A love of music, at its core.. its naturalness, and just enjoying giving that to anyone around them. Yep thats the vibe I get from him.

Third fav was David H. Stripper nonesense aside (everyone's allowed to make mistakes in thier life right? Or find a way to step out of a life they no longer want and into one that works better for them?), I think he is wonderful. I loved his version of "Its all coming back to me", think it was actually better than Celiene... now nobody shoot me over that. I really do think it was. Being sung by a man, it just sota takes on a different fullness for me, I guess. I loved it!

Our aussie... for the life of me I can't ever remember his name.. was pretty good too. Only thing I would suggest there... wish the designers would take in account that he is always raising his arms while performing, and dress him in longer shirts or jackets because of that. The short jacket last night, while being raised up with his arms, made him look disproportional, and almost cartoonish. If he could dress to benifit his jerky movements, then the jerky movements won't be such a distraction anymore. At least thats what I think.... cause they distract for me. He is a great singer though and did a good job last night.

David A... Hmm... I'm n a minority here. I'm not liking him much. I think his voice is great. He knows how to sing songs. He's got tons of experience performing on stage... but there is just something missing for me. I'm starting to find him almost annoying. He is lacking some big life experiences to be singing the songs he choses to sing. They sound great... just not authentic. And authenticity is important. At least for me. I wouuldn't ever buy one of his albums, or download a song of his. It just doesn't work for me.

Danny... OMG... the kid gets on my nerves. His dancing around the stage last night was embarrasing. Almost vulgar. Don't think they should be worried about stripping being in someone's past, when they have a kid behaving like one on their very stage!

Chikeeze (or however his name is spelled).. like I said, he's good.. just not quite there yet. He can sing, but his performances are lacking in energy. I don't think he's gonna go much farther. If by some long shot, Danny goes tonight, and Chikeeze makes it into the final 12... I think he will be one of the first voted off. He's just lacking in Umph.

Luke... I think I already said that he just doesn't work for me. There is just no way he could win, and I am actually trying to figure out how in the world he made it this far. I would have rather seen the political kid than listen to Wham sung that high!

Anyway... I stand by what I said on the first week of performances... The guys totally rock this year, and I'm afraid that the majority of the girls aren't on that level of talent. We will see what happens tonight. But I do think this year is a guy's year!

Valeri

2. laurajrad

laurajrad Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 4 2008, 10:01 PM) [snapback]653291[/snapback]
    Doug found it on Youtube after the show. It was in a movie that we saw recently, but we couldn't remember what it was.

I know it was on the soundtrack of the original Shrek movie.

3. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

It really is sad to me that people dig up all this dirt. I guess you know when you go on the show that your past may be revealed, but really what does it have to do with where they are now in a singing and performing competition? It's not like they're running for president . It does not affect their ability to perform! Look at all the other recording artists in the industry... it's not like they're squeaky clean.

I'm not sure what the rules are, but if they let others go for similar "offenses" then I suppose he should, too. I'm more surprised at how many people out there actually do these things! You know, posing nude for pics, stripping,...sometimes I think I must be living in a bubble :rotflmbo: .

I thought the guys were good last night. Loved most of the performances, especially all the David's! I sure like Jason, too. What a cutie. I'm thinking cute Luke will probably go and possibly Chikeze. There's just nothing really special about him although he does have a good voice.

4. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ValeriGail4 @ Mar 5 2008, 01:38 PM) [snapback]653993[/snapback]
    For me, I think Danny was by far the worst, only cause he was annoying as h*ll... I didn't think that song could be any more gayed up, but I was wrong! .....................

Valeri

:rotflmbo: I literally busted out laughing out loud when I read your words. They are so true.

On a side note about him. Have any of you visited the AI web site and read what his fan base is saying about him? They LOVE him, young girls also :umm: are they hearing the same kid sing that I am?

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(laurajrad @ Mar 5 2008, 11:49 AM) [snapback]654017[/snapback]

I'm thinking maybe it was a TV show. The Wiki article about the song says it has been used in Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, ER and Rescue Me. I'm thinking we saw it on one of those shows, the only thing we can remember is that it had us both (well mostly me) crying.

6. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 5 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]653766[/snapback]
    .......... if Simon retires you have a future as a judge on AI? :D

Did anyone notice Simon smile last night? I don't think I have ever seen him smile and last night he did when the audience booed one of his comments.

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think Simon's smiling a lot more this season and looks WAY hotter than in past seasons!

8. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I am so in love with Simon, lol. :wub: I don't know what it is, but like I said before: "When he was good, he was very, very good, but when he was bad, he was better!" :laughing:

OK, Maureen, I'm going to upload Jeff Buckley's version here. It is so beautiful. In fact, if anyone here is not familiar with Jeff Buckley's CD Grace, I highly recommend it. He had just the most beautiful voice. Another one of those singers gone before his time. :(

Jeff Buckley -- Hallelujah

9. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I had never heard the song either. I'll try to find it on itunes or something. That site makes you download it....

10. moski

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 5 2008, 04:30 PM) [snapback]654594[/snapback]
    I am so in love with Simon, lol. :wub: I don't know what it is, but like I said before: "When he was good, he was very, very good, but when he was bad, he was better!" :laughing:

OK, Maureen, I'm going to upload Jeff Buckley's version here. It is so beautiful. In fact, if anyone here is not familiar with Jeff Buckley's CD Grace, I highly recommend it. He had just the most beautiful voice. Another one of those singers gone before his time. :(

Jeff Buckley -- Hallelujah

Kim, I downloaded it, but can't play it with Windows Media Player :eek: .

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(All4Megan~Kayleigh @ Mar 5 2008, 09:43 AM) [snapback]653786[/snapback]
    Wow, I love, love loved David Cook last night. He gave me goosebumps by turning that cheesy but beautiful love song into a rockin hot song. His voice was ear candy to me. I was just watching with a huge smile on my face. I agree with the judges, it could be a hit right now. I even told DH that I wanted to hear it on the radio NOW!

I could not agree more. I was thrown by it. I was basically not even listening and then he started and I stopped everything I was doing. He is pretty great. :blush:

12. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Thanks Julie!

I hadn't ever heard the original (to my knowledge) and thought it was a bit boring as a result. I could appreciate the difficulty after I went back and paid closer attention, but wonder if Jason is ONLY a folk singer (a great one) or if he's going to do anything that's not folksy or hippy type stuff. I want to see some variety from him. OH and HOW gross was that when he said one of his dreads fell out? YUCK!

14. moski

Thanks, Julie. :)

15. Mama_Kim

Sorry, that's an m4a file from my iTunes. :( I meant to convert it before uploading it for y'all. The youtube version is okay, not as good as the one I uploaded, but you get the idea. :D

16. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 4 2008, 10:01 PM) [snapback]653291[/snapback]
    Doug found it on Youtube after the show. It was in a movie that we saw recently, but we couldn't remember what it was.

Hallelujah was in the first Shrek, but I think it was a cover by Lifehouse. It is a GREAT song, one of my all time favs!

Oh, and I am in love with David Cook ... but not as much as I still am with Chris Daughtry :wub:.

17. moski

Okay, tonight I liked:

Kristy Lee Cook, Ramiele (sp?), Brooke and Syesha.

18. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tammy Fine @ Mar 5 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]653894[/snapback]
    When I think of the word Idol, I think of someone you would want you kids to grow up and strive to be like. A Stripper does not cut it for me!

Yep and that is why he is on Idol now trying to do better for himself ;)

19. Chrissy Nelson

Amanda rocked the house tonight!!! Really the songs she needed to sing, sorry folks I still am pulling for her. I also liked Brooke, she really annoyed me at first but she was great tongiht as she has been since getting into the finals. I also thought Carly was good.

I am not digging the rest of the chicks.

20. moski

I called that Amanda might pick Joan Jett for her song. And then I heard that song on the radio today in the car and said, this is going to be the one she chooses.

21. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Amanda was REALLY good tonight. (But she NEVER looks at the camera - it's a little weird) She looked younger tonight (did they take some of her make up off?)

My favorite of the night is Carly. I have voted for her ample times I think. I liked Amanda, Syesh and Brooke too!

I KNOW Kady is going home, but who will go with her?! GULP!!!

22. Chrissy Nelson

The girl that sang the Journey song annoys me for some reason.

23. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(laurajrad @ Mar 5 2008, 10:49 AM) [snapback]654017[/snapback]

it was rufus wainwright and his version is amazing!

24. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I like Brooke and Amanda

25. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

david A, david C, and jason (rufus wainwright version of hallelujah is amazing as well as buckley's) were the top.

Not understanding the kids fascination with danny??? Well it is simple... he is the typical gay indie kid haha he reminds me of one of my best friends... the weird eye thing is disturbing though. There are loads of kids in our scene that are a lot like him... one on one I am sure he is not as annoying. Remember I am an indie acoustic artist. Danny is definitely not though... last night he was horrible... but as for the hair, it is just the style. He should go though with luke.

aussie dude - he is just a mesh of jim morrison and michael hutchinson... his little dance to the way he holds his mic is a total imitation of jim morrison so to call that originality is kinda annoying. He is a good singer but needs to find his own signature. You can tell he is a huuuuuuuuugggggggeee doors fan... as I am as well. He won't make it to the top two.

luke be gone should have been gone what the heck was that...

chikezie ummm good voice but not memorable except got the orange suit that was dope haha

David H. aka gay stripper - explains his weird awkward looks... seductive :winking0009: j/k. The boy can sing but not memorable except for the creepy eye thing. The fact that he is gay... the fact that he was a stripper means nothing and should not be judged for that. People do what they do to survive. Billy Holiday was a prostitute, a drunk, and a druggie oh yeah and was bi-sexual with that said... She is one of the most amazing and talented blues/jazz singers from her day if not of all time. Amy Winehouse - crackhead doesn't take away from the fact that she is a talented artist. People need to learn to just enjoy the art and to leave peoples personal lifes alone. I was in a few magazine and in the news paper (which my mom saw) that did not show the most flattering situation.... a friend decided it would be a great things to grab and kiss me. She is a character to say the least oh and we were at the american apparel panty party... she was in boy short undies fish nets and a bra...lol. My mom was proud... at least she was a model haha. Ok so that was my confession of my most embarrassing moment lol.

Girls amanda carly and brooke are the only ones worth anything for me tonight.

Amanda needs better song choices... more blues sound incorporated. That is just her gig.

Carly needs to change up the songs from the originals more... to similar but she is a great singer.

Brooke I love her personality and soft innocence... I would like to see her play more instruments. Tonight she did the right thing by moving to an acoustic version but I wish she would have push her voice with more dynamics between verse and chorus not the wanna be pat b. but just a different level of intensity to draw you in a bit more. I do like her though.

Kady is a definite goner.. she should have been last week.

can't remember the other girls performances that well...

anyways my mom is making me watch saw the thread and thought that I would comment.

26. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

I think you could see a final four of all guys. Maybe Carly stays in there for awhile, but I just don't see the other five women, whoever they are, lasting as long as some of the more talented guys in this competition....

27. Mama_Kim

The two standouts for the girls tonight were Amanda and Brooke. When Amanda does her thing, she is fabulous and last night was her thing! (I'm really hoping she makes it to next week and the theme is 90's -- I wanna hear her rip out some good old GNR!!) I adore Brooke White's voice. That was such a great performance by her. And I always looks forward to seeing her hottie DH in the crowd too. ;) My next favorite of the night was Kristy Lee. I think Kady Malloy should go home and I'm thinking maybe Asia'h will go too (?) although she did a great job.

BTW, has anyone else seen/heard Danny Noriega's little youtube clip that is causing some "talk?" Warning: not for the kiddos. Danny Noriega MySpace video I guess he is this year's Sanjaya but at least Sanjaya was just a sweet kid who couldn't sing. Danny Noriega is just a smart azz punk. Ugh.

28. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinreverb @ Mar 5 2008, 11:59 PM) [snapback]655214[/snapback]
    it was rufus wainwright and his version is amazing!

Yes, after a posted the youtube clip, DH reminded me of Rufus Wainwright's version which we LOVE! I have never seen Shrek.

As for last night, Brooke surprised me again. I thought she handled "Love is a Battlefield" very well much to my surprise.

Yeah, I don't see Kady sticking around but am not too sure who else will get the boot.

How dumb that Danny-Drive me Crazy- Noriega was wearing some girl's glasses?! Did we really need to see that?!

29. moski

Kim, that is just f'd up....(Sorry, that's the only thing that comes into my head)!

30. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I missed it last night!! We had to go to the grocery store...

I didn't get to DVR it either :(

31. Mama_Kim

Check abc.com, Jamie. They usually have the previous day's shows up for viewing.

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 6 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]655384[/snapback]
    Kim, that is just f'd up....(Sorry, that's the only thing that comes into my head)!

I know, right? Ugh.

32. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

Overall, the girls are just so boring to me. I'm pulling for Brooke and Carly though. I must be in the minority because Amanda really gets on my nerves. Her rough voice just doesn't cut it for me.

33. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(All4Megan~Kayleigh @ Mar 6 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]655468[/snapback]
    Overall, the girls are just so boring to me. I'm pulling for Brooke and Carly though. I must be in the minority because Amanda really gets on my nerves. Her rough voice just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm actually with you ... I think Amanda is ok at what she does, but she is kind of a one trick pony to me, and it grates on my nerves.

I like Carly and Brooke, and I really like Ramiele. But over all I thought the guys did much better.

my prediction is that cute Luke and Danny go home for the guys and Kady and Asia go home for the girls.

34. moski

QUOTE(All4Megan~Kayleigh @ Mar 6 2008, 09:16 AM) [snapback]655468[/snapback]

I'm with you on the Amanda thing, too. I thought it was just very predictable that she would do that song/artist. I really don't know if she would have been able to do anything else. As Erica said...one trick pony.

35. Mama_Kim

Amanda will never end up winning this thing because she is a one trick pony (which I said the day before yesterday ;) ) but she is GREAT at what she does well. She definitely has a unique niche, though, and as such, a limited audience. Not everyone will have an appreciation for her style. I just want to hear her sing some GNR. Then she can go home, lol.