AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Feb 28 2008, 11:47 AM) [snapback]644763[/snapback]
    I'm probably in the minority, but Amanda Overmeyer needs to go.
    I'm actually somewhat in agreement. She has been a huge disappointment as I expected a lot more from her. Poor song selection has really been her downfall.

2. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I think the whole wig thing with that dude does matter especially if he is trying to pretend he is someone he isn't....

3. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

My wife and I were okay with the ones who were voted off tonight. That was a cool announcement that they got the rights to do the Beatles when they get down to the final 12.

4. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I wasn't disapointed with the ones who were voted off tonight either. My three faves are still there, woohoo!

5. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

So... who got voted off tonight? LOL!

I would like to see Amanda go, she just doesnt have it... even though she has a cool voice. And I would like to see the "fake" rocker guy go. I like his personality, but I agree with Simon, he's just not a rocker. If he would have came on as something else, he would have done better.. and really... a wig?

6. Chrissy Nelson

I will wait till the west coast get stheir results till I post... I was happy with who went but I do think there are others on the female side that should have went first....

7. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

I was actually shocked by the second girl that got voted off... There were Two more that had way way way worse performances than her, they should have been voted off first. I was actually almost in tears. I even went back over wednesday's episode and watched the three performances again, and still came back with the same answer... wrong girl voted off tonight.

The guys, I was a bit shocked at Guy number 2, but he was my "alternate" pick to be voted off as well, so not as much of a shocker as the girls. I knew guy number 1 was leaving, though if he had sung his song yesterday like he did today, he'd still be here!

Oh and H said today, about Rocker chick "She looks like she's mad, but not really sure that she's really mad" LOL Like she should be mad about something, but yet doesn't quite "feel" it completely! I cracked up big time over that, cause it just seemed, in that moment, exactly right!

8. Mama_Kim

Timing wise, I thought it was the right time for both of the girls to go home. Alaina was awful this week. I didn't think Alexandréa was bad but again, song selection. Jason wasn't going to go any further -- too squeaky clean and can't shake the cruise ship thing. I was surprised to see Robbie go this week. But, I'm not crushed. However, whether I like them or not, whether I think it is their time to go or not, I cry right along with them all when they are cut. It's such an emotional roller coaster and they all have so many hopes riding on this competition. It breaks my heart to see their dreams crushed. :(

9. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think Luke should have gone before Robbie, but they both had to go before long....so what's the difference

I missed almost all the girls - I am over Amanda. I don't get her dawg.

I DID hear Alexandrea, but thought she sounded GREAT!!!

10. Chrissy Nelson

Jason needs need be singingi in the shower on a soap commercial ;)

11. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

Thank goodness Jason Y. went. I couldn't stand watching him sing. He's definitely of the "cruise ship" or lounge singer caliber. I was a bit surprised that Robbie left the show so soon (I think it's a wig, too. It looked like it on one of the clips when he wasn't wearing hat), but I don't think he would have much farther anyway. I thought Luke did really well this week, even though the judges didn't :blush: .

Yep, Amanda needs to go SOON! The novelty of her look and voice has worn off quickly. She's really not a good singer and certainly isn't versatile enough for this show.

12. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

So has anyone else heard this about idol contestant David Hernandez http://apnews.myway.com//article/20080304/D8V6IB3G0.html

Apparently, he worked as a male stripper for men...apearing fully nude and giving other men lap dances for the last 3 years. People wonder if that will be grounds to get him dismissed off the squeaking clean show?

Also at vote for the worst.com, they are encouraging people to vote for Danny and Amanda this week. Remember how successful that website was last year in keeping Sanjyga around. Will see if it keeps them around.

13. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Mar 4 2008, 07:51 AM) [snapback]651732[/snapback]
    So has anyone else heard this about idol contestant David Hernandez http://apnews.myway.com//article/20080304/D8V6IB3G0.html

Apparently, he worked as a male stripper for men...apearing fully nude and giving other men lap dances for the last 3 years. People wonder if that will be grounds to get him dismissed off the squeaking clean show?

Also at vote for the worst.com, they are encouraging people to vote for Danny and Amanda this week. Remember how sists uccessful that website was last year in keeping Sanjyga around. Will see if it keeps them around.

Yes, DH read the same thing about David H. I really like him still, true or not! DH also read something about some questionable pics of Ramiele. It really is sad to me that people dig up all this dirt. I guess you know when you go on the show that your past may be revealed, but really what does it have to do with where they are now in a singing and performing competition? It's not like they're running for president :p . It does not affect their ability to perform! Look at all the other recording artists in the industry... it's not like they're squeaky clean.

14. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Mar 4 2008, 07:51 AM) [snapback]651732[/snapback]

EWWWWW!

15. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Debb-i @ Mar 4 2008, 09:51 AM) [snapback]651732[/snapback]

Also at vote for the worst.com, they are encouraging people to vote for Danny and Amanda this week. Remember how successful that website was last year in keeping Sanjyga around. Will see if it keeps them around.

I just heard that. Well not that it was for men but that he was a stripper.

I think that if others were dismissed for similar reasons so should he.

16. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Eeewwwww is right Julie!!! I really like him too!! I'm a bit disappointed, but that doesn't change my opinion of his singing.

I don't think Robbie should have gone last week, but it was going to happen sooner or later....but to go out with Jason! That's a slap!

Jason can sing, don't get me wrong....he's just WRONG for this show :) He'll have a singing career. He could TOTALLY do the cruise ship thing and have a blast. The cabaret duo that was on our honeymoon cruise were a hoot and they could sing :D

17. Chrissy Nelson

Who cares if he was a stripper, he had to make money some way before American Idol....

18. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

A lot of strange song choices tonight. I'm not sure who will go.....but I'm still hoping that Danny fool will get voted off. He is just so annoying. I wonder what 80s songs the girls will choose. (I'm betting Amanda goes with something Heart or Joan Jett).

19. Mama_Kim

Only three I didn't enjoy that much tonight. They weren't terrible just not up to par with the rest. And man, can the "Davids" all bring it or what? Very nice. I thought they were mostly brilliant tonight. I love Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah -- one of the best vocals ever recorded by the man with the golden voice. Awesome choice for our man Jason. And I LOVED what David Cook did with Lionel Richie's song. Oh man, too many good things to say. And young David Archuleta's voice is still amazing. David Hernandez really has a strong voice too. And Michael Johns, well he does remind me of Michael Hutchens a bit but I think it's mostly the Aussie thing. The guys were awesome tonight.

I wish we didn't have to wait until tomorrow night for the girls. I'm waiting to see if Amanda truly is just a one-trick pony, which I am suspecting more and more.

20. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

I agree that all the performances were strong tonight. I told my wife that Luke was in the bottom two which she didn't want to hear. I was really amazed to hear what was done to one of the slowest songs on vinyl - Lionel Ritchie's 'Hello'. It sort of reminded me of Chris Daughtery a few years ago and how he would take songs and make them his own.

Who was the original singer of Hallejuah?

21. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

I LOVE TIVO! I keep playing tonights performances over and over. That David Ar (something) WOW! Not only an AWESOME voice, but plays piano! And I know some may hate this - but I love that he is choosing songs with a deeper meaning than just getting points with the judges. Seems like there is some depth to the boy! If he weren't half my age.... (Oh, now that's just depressing. I'm old enough to be his mother...) I actually paid .99 for for his last week's song on my ipod!

I'm getting into this year! It's the first year I like the men better than the women!

And YEAH for the 80's!

22. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(twinstuff @ Mar 4 2008, 09:39 PM) [snapback]653244[/snapback]
    Who was the original singer of Hallejuah?
    Randy said the original was by Leonard Cohen. But by far the BEST version of that song was Jeff Buckley's.

23. moski

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 4 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]653257[/snapback]
    Randy said the original was by Leonard Cohen. But by far the BEST version of that song was Jeff Buckley's.

Doug found it on Youtube after the show. It was in a movie that we saw recently, but we couldn't remember what it was.

24. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Most notable performances of the night for me: David A., Jason & David C.

Danny is still just so annoying. He'll probably be the next Sanjaya and we'll see him next week!

25. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

JASON COOK!!! I have just spent about 30 min. voting for him but it's freaking me out that I haven't gotten a busy signal at all yet!! :( That's bad and good.

I'm also voting for a the resident stripper. I'm worried about him not getting the votes. He did really well and I think he deserves to get through....

BYE BYE (hottie) LUKE! BYE BYE (I wish, but vote for the worst is on his side) DANNY! He seems REALLY IMMATURE and SO flamboyant. Bugs me. So, if Danny won't go, then bye bye Chikeze. :( I like him, but not sure he's going to be able to go all the way - so might as well go now.

26. Chrissy Nelson

David Cook was awesome. The one thing I have to say about his "hello" version being compared to the Daughtrys "walk the Line" is Chris Daughtry actually took Lives version of walk the line so it was not "Original"... even though the band LIVE did not make a hit out of it. I do have to say that when David Cook started out I was kinda worried fo rhim but he ROCKED it out!!!! Very impressive all the way.... He is a very interesting guy and I was so happy that Simon liked him.

Jason could totally make a Jack Johnson type CD and sell a ton... so I really think there is a commercial appeal to his voice. He kinda has that beach bum type dude feel to him. I really dig him.

David A... yeah he is cute and has a good voice but I am just not a fan. I would never buy an album

And I think I am going to marry our resident Aussie!!! He sings to me!!!!

I think it is Lukes turn to go and I think that votefortheworst is going to keep Danny around for another couple rounds so I think Chiquizie might go as well, even though I wish Danny was in the bottom too.

27. Mama_Kim

Yep, I foresee Luke (hottie) and Chikezie going home this week. I'd much rather see Danny go home. I think he's a little snot. And I cannot stand his "look" - that haircut is bad. For that matter, so is David Cook's but I like him so I'll forgive him. ;) I just hope one of the "good ones" does not go home yet this week.

28. Chrissy Nelson

Kim I was just saying last night that Davids haircut is not flattering at all to his head. He has a big head like my DH and that haircut does nothing for it. ;)

29. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 5 2008, 07:46 AM) [snapback]653602[/snapback]
    Kim I was just saying last night that Davids haircut is not flattering at all to his head. He has a big head like my DH and that haircut does nothing for it. ;)

Yes, exactly! He's a cutie but he needs a new style.

30. moski

Yeah, that haircut is horrible! He did an amazing version of that song though, so unexpected.

Luke is a cutie, but as much as I like my 80s music (as soon as Doug heard the first song, he said "oh, it's all your music tonight"), I don't understand why he picked that.

31. Mama_Kim

Me either, Maureen. As I soon as I heard it, I said that's the kiss of death. With all the great 80's songs to choose from, he picks Wham? I mean, c'mon. He had to know that was suicide.

32. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

One reason I love my Dish (the only reason) is I can record and replay the show.

Luke can GO GO as in go off the show show. He is an ok singer for certain songs but his voice just cannot do that many types of songs.

David A. is a very good singer but he also seems to be able to do only certain types of songs. Can he do any upbeat song styles? I would not buy one of his songs let alone a CD of his songs.

Danny needs to go also. I don't think he will go off this week because he has such a high following.

David H stripping aside he is a very good singer. He is not making the songs his own though and has missed on some notes.

Michael is very good also and his quirkie bouncing is interesting but it takes over the whole act. He also seems to have a hard time with the low notes.

David C. I am not usually this way but hmmmm he is hot. He has caught my eye and ear with his style. I am glad he grew out his facial hair into a fuller beard. I think his hair is cool and/but if he changed it it would not make me think any differtly of him. He did great with that song.

Jason seems to be a single style singer also. What else can he do? I would like t see if he could get more upbeat with his singing.

Chikezie is a good singer but he is not a star.

I think the ones that need to go this week are Luke, Danny, or Chikezie. After they go is when the difficulty comes in for me. I still think David C is the best because he seems to be able to sing a range of music styles really well. I am still going for him to be #1 He is star material

33. Mama_Kim

Cheryl, that was a great assessment of the guys. I agree with everything you said. Hmm, maybe if Simon retires you have a future as a judge on AI? :D

34. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

Wow, I love, love loved David Cook last night. He gave me goosebumps by turning that cheesy but beautiful love song into a rockin hot song. His voice was ear candy to me. I was just watching with a huge smile on my face. I agree with the judges, it could be a hit right now. I even told DH that I wanted to hear it on the radio NOW!

I also really enjoyed Jason. Last night was my favorite performance by him. He is so shy and goofy when he speaks but once he starts singing he looks so comfortable. I can see myself buying his cd also. His dreads are just a distraction for me.

I really liked Michael Johns but once David Cook sang, I forgot about Michael, lol.

Anyway, the above 3 guys are my top 3.

I think we all agree that Luke, Danny or Chikeze need to go.

35. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 4 2008, 06:50 PM) [snapback]652965[/snapback]
    Who cares if he was a stripper, he had to make money some way before American Idol....

When I think of the word Idol, I think of someone you would want you kids to grow up and strive to be like. A Stripper does not cut it for me!