AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! I missed the Guitar hero commercals!!!!! How funny!

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!

I'm still super excited over the show results. I came off the couch, made H dance around the living room with me... and even started to tear up for the first time ever watching AI!!! (the final that is)..

I am so very excited for David Cook, he so deserved the win. Though I did think that either one of them could have walked away the winner and most everyone would have been happy. It just seemed like for the very first time ever, both the finalist were the right ones to be the finalist, ya know?

WOO HOO The rocker finally one!!!!!!

What was up with Jordan's dress????

Was nice to see George Micheal... He looked sickly though. Can't believe he's starting a tour, he looked like he might just drop on the stage. And his Glasses were just um, scarier than normal, I think. Like a PP said, he lost a ton of wieght, but his glasses sure didn't. I wonder why he decided to do that particuliar song, since Carrie sang it on the Idol's give back show? She did better, though he has a conviction for the song that she didnt... or a different conviction... the song just seemed to be about something different when he sang it. Wish he had done something else, something singnature "George Micheal".

Carrie was WONDERFUL. that new song of her's is absolutely funny. "I don't even know MY last name" HAHA.. heard it on the radio just a few days ago, and was surprised to see her perform it last night.. She did amazing!! That girl can wail... but damn was that dress short enough????? Holy Crap!! LOL

The David's sing well together. they blended so nicely, and seem to feed off each other... work together... Loved that.

OH and David with ZZTop?? WOW oh WOW... that was it for me. Loved it!! When they first came on, I was like "They don't even look like they've aged" and then, in the same breath was like " we wouldnt even know if they were the same guys or not!!! Can't ever see their faces!!" HAHA... H replied with "Like Lassie, there's been 7 of them and we never knew it!!" ROFLMAO! They were wonderful though.

There was just so much last night... it was an amazing show... OH OH OH did you see Ryan dancing with the dancers? I burst out laughing, and H did too!! OMG there was so much going on, even on the side lines, that I could just sit here and go and on about it all.. It was absolutely a great show.

2. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ValeriGail4 @ May 22 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]787362[/snapback]
    Was nice to see George Micheal... He looked sickly though. Can't believe he's starting a tour, he looked like he might just drop on the stage. And his Glasses were just um, scarier than normal, I think. Like a PP said, he lost a ton of wieght, but his glasses sure didn't. I wonder why he decided to do that particuliar song, since Carrie sang it on the Idol's give back show? She did better, though he has a conviction for the song that she didnt... or a different conviction... the song just seemed to be about something different when he sang it. Wish he had done something else, something singnature "George Micheal".
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

3. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

Like everyone else, I loved the show last night! I've never enjoyed the finale that much. I was surprised I didn't forward through most of it like I usually do! LOL

Enjoyed the Guitar Hero ads too.

Woo Hoo for DC! I think DA will be just fine. :D

4. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Did you hear when Ryan said "and the winner by 12 million votes" I guess my 100 text votes wouldnt have mattered! I figured it would be a little closer than that!

5. r-twins

QUOTE(HeyThere @ May 22 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]788405[/snapback]
    Did you hear when Ryan said "and the winner by 12 million votes" I guess my 100 text votes wouldnt have mattered! I figured it would be a little closer than that!

Yeah, it kinda makes our few votes seem pointless. :) Although percentage wise he said it was 56% to 44%. So that's kinda close. I actually expected it to be closer than that, though. (Like 51-49!)

6. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

all those 100 (or 20 in my case) votes count because they add up.

7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Boo to all you George Michael hater ;) He did say at the end of the song that he apologized for being a bit off because he was ill. Also that song is one of the big signature George Michael songs, just not one of the big pop hits.

8. Mama_Kim

Hey, I've got no room to talk, my guy
    <-------
    is in rehab. :(

9. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 22 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]788932[/snapback]
    <-------

hay Kim at least he is getting help. Sad that he has the problem/addiction but he is working on stopping

10. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

I was very happy with the way things turned out, although I think David A has an amazing voice and I think he outsang Cook on Tuesday. I prefer Cook's style. As DH puts it, David A has an amazing voice, but David C has a sound. I think he'll go far!

I've never been a George Michael fan and think he looks horrible. Sorry GM fans. The one I was most surprized at though, was Bryan Adams. Man! Has he aged! Wow! Did not like Carrie Underwood's dress or song. It was all a little too sleezy for me. I think all the top 12 sang well together. I particularly liked hearing Michael and Carly sing together. Both have such strong, powerful voices! Jordin Sparks' dress looked like an old style, school girl dress to me. Actually, kinda looked like that gold foil wrapping paper. She's a pretty girl, but that dress was not flattering!

All in all, it was a good night!

11. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 23 2008, 03:06 AM) [snapback]788932[/snapback]
    <-------

Kim did he say what he was in rehab for??

12. Mama_Kim

There is lots of speculation at the Aero boards but officially no word.

13. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 24 2008, 09:10 AM) [snapback]790976[/snapback]
    There is lots of speculation at the Aero boards but officially no word.

:( I feel bad for him. Addiction is something that is so hard to overcome. I hope he comes out better than ever.

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

15. ehm

ehm Banned

Did anyone read about David A's dad setting up a thank you concert near his hometown but Idol axed it because they had not approved it and David had other contractual obligations? I would think it would be pretty obvious that to do something like a thank you concert it would have to be passed by the Idol powers that be, I mean they are heading out on tour and all. Very bizarre!!

16. r-twins

QUOTE(ehm @ Jun 11 2008, 01:22 PM) [snapback]821844[/snapback]
    Did anyone read about David A's dad setting up a thank you concert near his hometown but Idol axed it because they had not approved it and David had other contractual obligations? I would think it would be pretty obvious that to do something like a thank you concert it would have to be passed by the Idol powers that be, I mean they are heading out on tour and all. Very bizarre!!

Local news reported that Idol officials DID approve it, but the booking company ended up axing it. Here's the video of the story.

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Home/....1.1&sflg=1

17. r-twins

18. ehm

ehm Banned

The booking company falls under the Idol powers that be in my opinion. Seriously if David is going to be "booked" for another event (all be it by his own dad) doesn't it seem logical to check these things out with the booking company? Thanks for the link, I didn't realize the thank you event was scheduled for the same venue as the Idol tour will be at, that makes it even more out there in my opinion.

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(ehm @ Jun 11 2008, 12:22 PM) [snapback]821844[/snapback]

That is a little weird!!! I agree they are under the same "umbrella". David's Dad has to go into dadager roll and not total everything! He's not the POWER anymore!!! He turned that over when he signed his little phenom up for Idol!!