American Idol Season 10 (2011)

Discussion in 'General' started by twinstuff-old, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I totally want his highlights ! He was very well behaved tonight .. although I heard J-Lo was jealous of all the attention this show is getting him. (who knows if it's true .. but I thought it was funny when I heard it) :)

2. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

JLo's supposed jealousy has been a hot topic in Aerosmithworld. Personally, I think it's just rumor. They appear to be getting along famously although I notice she did get more air time tonight. ??? I don't care. Steven is still the star of this dog and pony show. :wub:

3. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

Ryan Sechrist's stalker (the chicken imitator) was from somewhere near where we live. She made it through to Hollywood but I doubt she'll have much staying power beyond that. They seemed to put too many people through last night.

4. twinstuff2

http://www.joesplaceblog.com/american-idol-10-contestant-listings/

If you're like me and try to cheat, this is probably the list of the final 40 (at which point, the show goes live and no longer airs taped stuff from last summer and fall. Be warned, the list is likely pretty accurate.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Kim, next week they'll be in Hollywood but it's still auditions. :gah: I think (hope) it's the last week.

I didn't like that Steven was quieter. :( And I am hoping it's not true about J.Lo being jealous... I love them both on the show and like the chemistry. :good:

Seacrests stalker had me :rotflmbo: That was hilarious!!

6. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Glad to see a few of my fave's on that 40 list.

Oh gosh, The chicken girl... UGH. LOL

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

That bit they ran at the beginning about Steven's behavior on the last show, I thought that was a JOKE! He did nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of except really touch people's hearts!!!

I hope Jlo's not like that because I like her! :(

Mark, thanks for the spoiler! It will be interesting to watch how accurate it is!

8. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I only liked that last guy.

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm smoking the good stuff and thought last night was Thursday. :blush: I'm not sure about next week... but I hope it is Hollywood week and the auditions are over.

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Was the bit at the beginning about Steven's behavior a joke? I just watched it. I thought it was a joke.

I love seeing the bad singers! :lol: This is my favorite part of the show, I've never watched beyond this part.

11. Chrissy Nelson

I just read the John Wayne guy was actually nominated for 7 Grammys at one point. http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/03/american-idol-cowboy-john-wayne-schulz-deception-record-label-cd-album/

I did not get the part at the beginning about Stevens behavior either.

12. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We played that part a few times because I was so confused... but last week he was rhyming duck with .. well, you know. And then in that clip at the very end they cut him off right before he said it again, so I think the joke was he was just going to keep on swearing. It wasn't very well done though. They should have replayed the clip from last week.

The guy at the very end last night was awesome! I was cringing because of that keyboard harp thing. I thought he was going to be a crazy cheeseball, but the dude can sing!

13. Chrissy Nelson

I am going to agree with that list. I am going to predict the winner of this season as being that young girl the judges went gaga over, with the runner up being the guy that went last, last night.

14. Chrissy Nelson

He looks kinda like Seth Rogen

15. Mama_Kim

That whole joke was just stupid. Let Tyler be Tyler! :girl_devil: But I do think there was a serious undertone as well as maybe there has been some negative response to his *ahem* language. My mom's cousin called her this morning and said she wouldn't be watching AI again because of "that pig" referring to Mr Tyler. Now my mom, who doesn't really "get" Steven nor does she condone the f-word (not sure how I ended up her daughter with this mouth, but I digress) nearly opened a can of whoopa$$ on her as she is even "falling for" Steven. Go, Mom!

I loved that Casey/Seth Rogen dude. He was outrageous! Incredible.

16. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Family reunions must be interesting occasions in the MamaKim household

17. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can see that maybe he needs to tone down the language a bit. I like him, I have always been an Aerosmith fan & I think he is a great judge, I am really enjoying the new dynamics this year. But, it is a family show, my kids all watch it & even though the swearing doesn't really bother me, I can see how many parents wouldn't appreciate it.

18. Mama_Kim

Not nearly as interesting as you might think, Craig! :lol:

Yeah, I think that maybe was the point of the "joke" so hopefully point has been well taken. I will say they had every opportunity to edit out the language before airing though so I also think Fox probably is playing the game. In fact, Steven even said before Idol ever aired when they showed a clip of the "hell fire, save matches, **** a duck, and see what hatches" scene (c'mon, how is that not hysterically funny? :rofl: ) that he was surprised they kept that in there. He also hilariously responded to Jimmy Fallon on his show when asked if it was true Fox had implemented a 5-second delay in the live shows just for Steven, "F*** no!" It was very funny. But Mr Tyler is a father and a grandfather (his little grandson, Milo, is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e and man Steven has some strong genes!) so I think he knows how to hang back on the f-bomb a bit. We'll see.

19. twinstuff-old

Lots of bleeps in tonight's audition show tonight, but I think J-Lo was the one judge who had to be censored the most tonight (as well as a few of the auditions, I guess). So maybe the show edited tonight's auditions to show us the weakest possible singers, but can you remember an audition with less talent? Not sure how many they showed moving on - maybe 4 or 5 - but even those were average at best (the brothers maybe being the best of the bunch?) L.A. really stunk up the joint tonight.

20. Chrissy Nelson

I do not even think their novelty acts are that funny any more. Looks like next week there are some good singers and one that may make my Adam of the year list.

21. Mama_Kim

The two brothers at the end were good but I kept comparing them to this: Lean on Me so . . . Otherwise LA did really stink.

22. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

I also found out that there was a question if those "lovebirds" in Austin were really a pair. There was even a call to the father of the boy to ask what their relationship was because the girl did not seem at all interested when the cameras were not on and they did not want to portrait them as lovers when it was not true. Still probably a lie. That whole trolloping in the fields was so phony. Still, their singing was ok, not great. Good enough to go on to the next round, but we'll see where that goes.

23. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

I also found out that there was a question if those "lovebirds" in Austin were really a pair. Probably a lie. That whole trolloping in the fields was so phony. Still, their singing was ok, not great. Good enough to go on to the next round, but we'll see where that goes.

The AI apology http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/03/american-idol-apology-a-joke/?iref=NS1

And about the couple in Austin http://www.buddytv.com/articles/american-idol/idol-notes-contestant-liars-ho-39276.aspx

Edit: I tried to edit the previous post, but it would not let me. I was under the impression that a call was made to the father of the boy, but I was wrong. Still, here's a link about that couple. Some other interesting information can also be found in that AI link as well.

24. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Well now who's going to be able to compete with that! You are tainting us! :rofl:

I guess I cared so little about the "lovebirds" that I couldn't remember who they were! BUT I'm SO relieved that the start was a joke! :faint:

25. twinstuff2

There were a couple of decent ones tonight on Idol who might have a chance to go far. They really pushed the last guy on us - the guy whose musician dad died of a drug overdose 12 years ago. He was okay but not quite as good as I think they said. Maybe with some work, he can develop into a real talent??

My two favorites though were the guy who had some sort of accident (did they say what type of accident?). His name was Stefano and I thought he was one of the more talented guys we've seen. I checked out a youtube video of him and he's really good on the piano too and apparently has written some songs already so I'd say he's a real front-runner among the guys.

I also liked the Julie lady from Colombia originally. She seemed quite polished - maybe a bit too polished, but still I liked her voice.

Hollywood starts tomorrow.

26. Chrissy Nelson

I really liked the girls with the unique voice that her house caught on fire. She is very unique. I also like the guy that was in the accident.

The guy at the end is and could be great, however I do not know if emotionally he could handle it.

I am still going with the Seth Rogan looking guy as my winner.

27. twinstuff-old

Yeah, I think they played up the guy at the end a little too much. I don't recall too many winners in the past emerge from the audtions as the "one to beat". Maybe Carrie Underwood, but that's about it.

28. Mama_Kim

Maybe but he was kind of a mess.

I liked both of them too.

Hello? Adam Lambert! I picked him from the first time we saw him in auditions. He just stood out as unique and vocally strong. OK, he didn't "win" but Kris who? He definitely had star power over any other contestant that season or since.

Hollywood cannot come soon enough! These auditions were wearing very thin. At least there was Steven! :D

29. Chrissy Nelson

I remember Simon calling Kelly Clarkson as the one to beat.

I also remember little old Chrissy Nelson on TS saying Taylor Hicks (who) saying he would win, as well as Fantastia and David Cook. Sorry but Adam was robbed last year.

I think a young person will win this year 15 or 16 year old.

Now my insensitive side... I hope they keep the back stories to a mininmum now because while they are all extremly heartbreaking in the end it is a singing competition.

30. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I would like to see one male winner make it big. It just hasn't happened yet and it would be nice to see that. I almost cringe at the thought of another forgotten male winner.

31. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Tonight I am going to a viewing party for Chris Medina. I am really looking forward to it!!! I know they will be having these parties throughout the season but I am glad that he will be there tonight!

Channel 7 news from last night

Pats cousin is Sarah (Julianas best friend) and is interviewed towards the end.

32. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

How about that girl who looks like she's 12 ?? Not a good voice but tons of personality. She kind of weirded me out !

33. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I loved, loved, loved, the girl who had the crazy voice with the guitar...who was that? I love to see someone with a unique tone and when she brought out that guitar it really made her shine. She probably won't go far, but if she had a CD I would definitely buy it.

34. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I thought the girl with the high voice should be voicing and singing in kids animated movies! :tomato:

I didn't get the hoopla over the last guy at all!!! :unsure:

35. twinstuff2

Hollywood week is upon us and I do have to say that I think there is (potentially) more talent in AI 10 than in the past few seasons. But if they try to force-feed some of the sob stories upon America, I do think that could stack the odds against some of the better singers. It's tough to single out people from tonight's show when they didn't show anyone for that long, but the first kid (the one who looks like the singer from Simply Red) might be one of my early favorites. I'm not sure if I have a favorite female yet.

And in the words of the immortal Tiffany Rios (she is the Snookie wannabe who gets through at the end of the show), I'm so tired of other posters here try to do what I know I can do :hush: