American Idol Season 10 (2011)

Discussion in 'General' started by twinstuff-old, Jan 11, 2011.

1. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

There was at least one singer tonight who I thought had better vocals than anyone they showed yesterday in New Jersey, the first male singer named Jordan. A few others probably are worth following too. But after the first week of auditions, it does seem to me that the story thus far is this year's judges are going to make the show more interesting again. Maybe not because they will have Simon's honesty, but at least they are fun to watch and likeable and I don't think there's anything wrong with watching a talent competition because you like the judges. Hopefully the talent will emerge too since the judges can only carry the show so far. But at least for the auditions, I've become much bigger fans of J-Lo and Steven Tyler.

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Dh's cousins best friend was in a car accident last year

Here is her FB group page description FOR JULIANA
    For all those who love Juli. And there's a heck of a lot of us.Juliana was in a serious car accident on October 2, 2009 at approximately 3:30am. She suffered a severe skull fracture and multiple fractures to her beautiful face (though you'd never know it to look at her!) and slipped into a coma. She will undergo surgery to repair the facial fractures as soon as she is medically able.Although her initial prognosis was very poor, we are joining forces and positive voices to bring Juli back to her old self. Join us and receive updates on her condition. Please, leave uplifting messages to assist in her healing

She was supposed to get married that December to Chris. Next week, Chris will be on Idol. If you taped tonights show, you see him telling his story right after Seacrest is on the ferry. He is currently in a band and the SWEETEST most genuine man you will ever come across.

On her FB page, THIS SONG was sung by Chris on what was supposed to be their wedding day.

3. seamusnicholas

TMZ reports Steven Tyler "had an extremely emotional moment during an "American Idol" audition, when a contestant brought his disabled fiancee to watch him compete."

4. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, what a story! I"ll be sure to have my tissues handy next week. What a beautiful song!

5. seamusnicholas

This was from Julis FB page written by her mom today:

I cant wait to see this! I am seeing The Fighter tonight so wont be able to see it until I get back! I'm so excited!

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Nicole! Cool! I'll be looking for him tonight!!! :woo:

7. Mama_Kim

Nicole, that gave me chills. Looking forward to seeing their story. What a great guy, huh? PS Let me know how you like The Fighter too as I really want to see it!

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Thanks for your vote of confidence... next year it is ON. :banana:

Okay, I take back my Randy comment from last week... still not his biggest fan but he's calming down a bit. ;)

The last singer and his story and him bringing in his fiance KILLED me. :cry: Oh.My.Gawd. and when Steven went and gave her a kiss I lost it even more. :cry:

9. seamusnicholas

Oh for the love of God! That was crazy. Their love is amazing! I am so proud of him and so happy for them! Talk about good things happening to good people and people who deserve it! Pats cousin was there too in that group. This is going to be really cool for all involved in Team Juli! I hope it brings attention to her and that people see her story and help in any way the family needs it.

I just checked out the For Julianas FB page and it got a ton of new people since the show! I checked it earlier today and there is a crazy amount of posts since then!

10. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow, that was beautiful. Chris seems like such a genuinely nice guy, and how awesome is it that they brought Juli in to meet everyone.

11. Mama_Kim

What a beautiful love story! He is amazing and he can sing!! I was so happy for all of them. And my Steven. :wub: He is such a sweetheart. *sigh*

BTW, Chris looks exactly like Brian's guitar teacher only a little shorter and heavier build. Wild considering his teacher already has an identical twin!

12. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Doug and I were both crying after Chris and his fiancee were on. What a sweetie.

Kim, I was totally thinking of you when that girl said she cried when Steven came into the room. I could imagine you would be quite emotional, too. :)

13. Mama_Kim

I've always said that if I were ever to actually meet him, I would blubber like an idiot. That would so be me. BTW, Maureen, did I ever tell you that the woman sitting next to me at Fenway in August met Steven that night? She was walking into the ballpark and he was just there behind a barracade. She called his name and he came over and talked with her, hugged and kissed her, and posed for photos! Why, why doesn't that ever happen to me? Although one time in Nashville, he was almost pulled off the stage on top of me by the Amazon woman behind me with an iron grip on his wrist! :rofl: He actually had to stop singing, put down the mic, and peel her fingers off one by one, all the while saying gently, "Honey, please let go."

14. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I must have been born with no heart because I have no emotion EVER. I personally am not a huge fan of the back stories because alot of time I feel that is what gets the people to Hollywood. Now I did feel Chris might have some potential however they are putting way too many people through.

The only people that I would give another look at that was on last night was the White House girl, The teacher and the girl with the shells in her hair and possibly Chris.

15. Mama_Kim

Geez, Chrissy, you heartless b!tch! ;) :lol: :hug:

16. Chrissy Nelson

I know I prefer the dark guys with the whip. :girl_devil:

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

NO EMOTION!?! Oh man! I was fine until Steven was kissing her and saying "He sings for you" :wub: OH my word!

Now, I know this is totally OT, but Chris' (I say that like I know him) Fiancee's look is SO different from the pics. What is it about the brain injury that completely changes how you look? (Is that inappropriate? If so, I'm sorry!)

Kim how wild about the guitar teacher!!

Nicole, did you watch yet?

I liked White House Girl, too!!

18. seamusnicholas

Yes I saw it. They are going to be meeting at a local bar every week to watch so I am really excited to be a part of that! O'Doul's of course! :drinks: And that bar will be giving some proceeds from pizza and Miller Lite orders that night and every night Idol is on (or he remains on?).

Di, I know she has fractures to her face and I assume the severe skull fractures she has too contribute to facial movements/appearance. Yes, she looks completely different.

I am part of:
    For Juliana
    Chris Medina
    The Able Body

Those pages are getting attention from people all over the world. It is so touching.

This story is completely blowing up. It is all over the radio. Kelly (regis and kelly) talked about it today. Inside edition....and many more places. A lady who is a florist offered them free flowers from her shop for their wedding when the time comes.

And many people who have people who have suffered TBI's are sharing their stories on her page too.

Here is an example of how nice people are. This was written on his page.

19. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kim, I do remember you telling me about that woman meeting Steven. I also have to say I loved last night when Jennifer called him Steve and he said "It's Steven".

Nicole, that is really great that their story is getting so much attention and hopefully gaining support for their cause. It really was so nice to see them last night and to see her brought in when they told him he was going to Hollywood.

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

:rofl: That was HY-STERICAL! (But had to be done - - - - if she called me Diana, I would correct her too! )

21. Chrissy Nelson

Nicole was she in an accident with another car?

22. seamusnicholas

No her car hydroplaned into a pole.

23. twinstuff-old

Missed Idol last night but caught it tonight and while I didn't think there would that many interesting moments, I do think the last 15-year-old tonight (Lauren from Georgia) had the best voice I've seen in the three auditions thus far. And I also liked the 28-year-old who sang 'Until You Come Back to Me'.

24. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I actually liked the 15 year old Thea (I think that was her name) and the accountant (I am sort of partial to them). I thought there were several more this time than the first...I missed the second show.

25. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

Same as Craig (we were working a basketball game last night) - missed last night's show but saw tonight's. I liked the couple who had split up but were still living together. Both had great voices I thought and it was pretty obvious he still had feelings for her (but not vice-versa). They might be fun to watch in Hollywood.

The 15 year old at the end was good - especially when she started singing Kim's favorite Aerosmith song! Some of the guys were fine but they didn't show them very long. The 28 year old was okay but I don't think she was as good as they made her out to be (Jackie Wilson was her name - I can't believe she didn't sing Your Love is Lifting Me Higher!!).

But I think the favorite of the night for me might have been Adrienne Beasley (I might have her name wrong). She was the 22 year old black woman who was adopted by white parents when she was two. She sang a Lady Antebellum song (American Honey) and I thought she might have the most potential of anyone I've seen so far this year. She's not there yet but I thought her voice was pure and strong (and also I really liked that song and don't believe I've heard it yet just because I don't listen to much country).

26. Chrissy Nelson

Again not many stand outs... I like the 15 yr old at the end. The couple that had broken up I liked the guy only not the girl so much. I also like the guy that they showed very little of that was snapping his fingers and was very low key. And the girl that was adopted by the family in Kentucky I liked her.

Other than that BLAH yet again. Half of those people should not have been let through.

27. Mama_Kim

You remembered! My bathroom song! Of course, I'd probably like it a lot better if Steven was singing it with me. ;)

Chrissy, you crack me up! :lol: "They areletting too many people through!" Yeah, I guess whittling 17,000 down to 50 is too many. ;) But I agree that no standouts have been shown yet. Maybe a few with potential but definitely no Adams. He has forever ruined the talent for me on AI. Forever. Thank God for Steven Tyler or I would lose interest!

28. Mama_Kim

BTW, Nicole, I wanted to share something I read on steventyler.com after Chris' appearance the other night:

1 person likes this.
  29. Chrissy Nelson

I just remember before they were only sending 20 or less through. I think sending people through with "hopes" that they get better is giving the poor kids false hope. I am not sure how many towns they end up going to, but they are going to end up with over 400 people at this pace. Maybe our Adam or David Cook is still waiting to surprise us.

30. Mama_Kim

Or incentive to work harder? If these people really want to be in the music business and make a career out of singing, they'd better get used to rejection. I still think they learn quite a bit during Hollywood week with all the coaches and such working with them. It's not as if they don't get something out of it too. And a trip to Hollywood! All part of the experience, imo.

I'll take two Adams with a side of David Cook, please. :p

31. Chrissy Nelson

Nah they are going to just swim in the pool and cry. :aggressive:

I think David Cook is a hottie..... :girl_devil:

32. seamusnicholas

That is really neat. The support just keeps on pouring in (for both Chris and Juli).

33. twinstuff-old

Audition season is starting to get a little tiring. They need to get to Hollywood. Nothing too memorable for me tonight.

34. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I'm good with the whole audition thing for a couple weeks .. but I'm over it now. Let's get to the GOOD stuff !

35. Mama_Kim

Loved that one blonde girl with her boyfriend, the other "country" blonde girl, and the last guy was outrageous. Loved him. But I agree the auditions are snoozeville (except for Mr. Tyler who was somewhat sedated tonight) and I'm ready to move on. Does Hollywood start next week?