American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Jan 11, 2009.

1. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 26 2009, 09:55 PM) [snapback]1207403[/snapback]
    And what was up with
    Man In The Mirror dude
    getting in????

I really liked
    Kris
    I am happy
    he
    got through :)

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I am SOOOOO happy with the results!! Megan will get in w/ a wildcard! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!! So, I am THRILLED!!!!

I actually voted for Kris, Adam and Mishavonna - would like to see her again - not sure about her.

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

What about the coldplay guy- I think he did not choose the right song. He seems very talented.

4. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Ty for blanking who got in now i can read this thread lol x

5. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Feb 27 2009, 12:24 AM) [snapback]1207577[/snapback]
    What about the coldplay guy- I think he did not choose the right song. He seems very talented.

If he hadn't chosen such a crappy song, and something more "him" he would have had a chance.

6. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 27 2009, 03:11 AM) [snapback]1207431[/snapback]
    Are you calling me old and out of touch, Chrissy? :p Because I could still open a can of whoopa$$ on you! :lol:

Bring it on LOL I will be waiting on you.

7. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 27 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1208748[/snapback]
    Bring it on LOL I will be waiting on you.

I'm heading out now, Chrissy. With my walker. Beware! :lol:

8. caba

caba Banned

Ok, is it just me? I had such high hopes for this whole group watching Hollywood week and the auditions ... now, everyone sucks! I'm just not impressed with ANYONE!

I'm bummed about Kai . .. I really liked him leading up to wed night ... I didn't think he was good Wed though ... I thought the three that made it through deserved it ... I don't think I'm as crazy about Utah tattoo girl .. but the judges love her, so I guarantee she goes through in the wild card ...

this season is a mess.

9. Mama_Kim

I honestly think it's the new format more than anything. It's just not working.

Oh, I loved seeing Brooke again last night.

10. Chrissy Nelson

It is the format, if they pick the wrong song that is it. I mean it used to be you at least got alot more chanhes to get in but it is kinda like 1 cong and you are out kinda thing. I mean there are only 3 wild card spots and so you have 1 more shot to get it right.

I do not think there is as much crying this time.

11. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I HATE the new way they are doing it!!!!! And I know this has been talked about but there was no need for a 4th judge!!! Ah...I fell better now! I miss the old Idol!

12. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 28 2009, 04:22 AM) [snapback]1208912[/snapback]
    It is the format, if they pick the wrong song that is it. I mean it used to be you at least got alot more chanhes to get in but it is kinda like 1 cong and you are out kinda thing. I mean there are only 3 wild card spots and so you have 1 more shot to get it right.

I do not think there is as much crying this time.

Wow I should not drink and post, LOL....

I meant to simply say I miss the tears and hate the new format.

13. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I was dissapointed that Megan didnt get through but Allison did a great job! Specially for someone so young. I thought adam was really good too, i loved Nick Mitchell aka Norman Gentle was such fun you could tell even simon was enjoying it x

14. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 28 2009, 08:58 AM) [snapback]1209084[/snapback]
    Wow I should not drink and post, LOL....

I meant to simply say I miss the tears and hate the new format.

:rotflmbo: I read that this morning and thought, "Hmmm. Chrissy must have had a drink or two." :lol: I've done that before too and the next day it's like, "Oh, alcohol and the internet do not mix!" :rotflmbo:

15. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Great episode this week. There were a lot of BAD song choices and tons and tons of pitchiness (that's my ode to the Dawg ;) ) but my favorites were Megan, Kris, Allison and Adam, although he seriously needs a HAIRCUT! But he is cute as hell, great features, voice and eyes! :wub:

I was thrilled to see three of my favs make it through! Bring on the last week!

16. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Does anyone remember how they did the wild card the first season? Was that the only season that had the wild card?

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I Can't remember Lisa! I didn't watch that first season till they had 4 left :blush:

CHRISSY!!!!! I resemble that remark! :rofl: Nothing worgn wth a fuew coktayls before postng abt idOl!! :drinks:

18. Chrissy Nelson

Ok I actually enjoyed the performances this week except for the kid that sang the Elton John song (WTH was that!!!) and the kid that sang Meatloaf (again WTH).

I voted for 9, 11 and 12. It was a much better show tonight than I thought it would be.

19. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Lil Rounds is by far the most talented woman in the competition thus far and should easily make it tomorrow. I'll say the blind singer makes it for the guys and I have no idea who the wild-card is...

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I didn't feel compelled to vote till I saw Jorge and then Lil!! They BLEW ME AWAY!!!

21. Mama_Kim

I really enjoyed Ju'not's version of Hey There Delilah. I normally cannot stand that song but he gave it something nice. Scott MacIntyre was not as good as I thought he would be, but he still intrigues me and, like the judges, I want to see what he can do at the piano. There is definitely something there. Jorge Nuñez! What can I say? I love him! He is precious and he can sing. Lil Rounds (whose name annoys the crap out of me) hit it out of the ballpark!!! She is amazing. One I was pleasantly surprised by is Von Smith. I thought he did great with his version of Marvin Gaye. But (and it's a big one) I cannot stand him, his look or personality. That kills it for me.

Now Alex Wagner-Trugman. He reminds me so much of one of Sean's friends. I cannot take him seriously when he sings. :lol: WTH? Taylor did well but was very forgettable. Arianna was terrible (poor thing). Nathaniel Marshall I actually enjoyed but he has issues. I love Kristen McNamara's voice but am not sure she can pull it out. Same with Felicia Barton. And little Kendall Beard is adorable, very country though, so like Simon said, not really my thing.

Overall, the best of the three nights so far.

22. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Feb 28 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1209652[/snapback]
    Does anyone remember how they did the wild card the first season? Was that the only season that had the wild card?

I don't perfectly remember, but they had the wild card round multiple times ... i think that every time they did it, it came down to the judges decision ... I remember that Clay got in on the wild card round ... but I don't think we voted ... but honestly I can't remember ...

23. Mama_Kim

So tonight three will move on again. Then when is the wild card round going to be held or when are they chosen? Do they sing again or just get picked based upon their performance in this round?

24. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The Wild Card show is tomorrow night (I think I saw an ad for it).

I thought Lil Rounds was great (her name reminds me of Lil Kim, a rapper name). I thought Jorge did great and I liked Ju'Not's version of Hey There Delilah. I also thought that the girl that they called back did a great job. Scott did good, but not amazing, I would bet if he doesn't make it tonight he will be a wild card pick.

25. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 4 2009, 08:50 AM) [snapback]1213773[/snapback]
    Scott did good, but not amazing, I would bet if he doesn't make it tonight he will be a wild card pick.

That's exactly what I said to Lou!

26. lorig6

lorig6 Well-Known Member

During Ju'not's performance, there was no sound probably during the best part of the song! Did that happen to anyone else?

27. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I thought Ju'Not was good, but it was a bit slow for me. I didn't LOVE the arrangement. I thought Felicia proved she deserved to be there and Von was fantastic!

I voted for Jorge mostly...I figured LIL would get the votes and Scott would, so I wanted to help Jorge out. I was floored!

Re: Nathanial - Flashdance called, they want their style back! He can sing, but it's so distracting all his oddities.

28. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

I think the way the wild card was done in the past is the judges picked the contestants - and the audience voted the 3 in after they performed. Like it's another round of 12?

29. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Mar 4 2009, 10:25 AM) [snapback]1213921[/snapback]
    I voted for Jorge mostly...I figured LIL would get the votes and Scott would, so I wanted to help Jorge out. I was floored!
    I did the same thing!

30. Chrissy Nelson

I loved Ju Nots performance as well, he has a wonderful voice. I think he needs to get through as a wild card. Jorge is just wonderful and his voice is great. Lil Rounds is fantastic, she is a performer too with her interaction, althought Devon could not stop talking about her booty LOL.

Scot is just going to be great in the coming up rounds.

31. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 4 2009, 12:05 PM) [snapback]1214094[/snapback]
    Lil Rounds is fantastic, she is a performer too with her interaction, althought Devon could not stop talking about her booty LOL.

Us too. Her booty is tremendous! Baby got back! :lol: And a killer voice!

32. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

Last night was a very lack luster show. The only 2 that were any good were Lil and Ju Not. I'm just wasn't "wowed" by any of them. I'm anxious for the final 12 to be picked so we can get down to business! I'm not sure I'm liking the way they have 36 this year to weed down to 12 but I appreciate the effort for trying new things with the show.

33. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I really like the three that got through tonight. I was bummed though that
    Ju'Not
    did not get through. And then they went and gave the spot that should have gone to
    him
    to
    frickin' Tatiana mmmmmmtttthhhaaankkkyooouuubiatch

34. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

My wife was picking up my boys from religion class and I'm trying to remember the eight wild cards. It was
    Tatiana, Anoop, Jasmine, Jesse, Matt G., Von, some blond girl (Megan?, Kendall?)
    and some other guy. Who am I missing (the last two?)

35. Mama_Kim

Von Smith, Ricky Braddy, Anoop Desai, Tatiana DelToro, Jasmine Murray, Matt Giraud, Jesse Langseth, and Megan Joy Corkrey

I am happy with the three who went through and happy with seven of the eight wild card picks. I also wish
    Ju'not Joyner
    had made it through.