American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Jan 11, 2009.

1. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

2. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 18 2009, 09:30 PM) [snapback]1195840[/snapback]
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:rotflmbo: :good:

3. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 18 2009, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1195066[/snapback]
    On a side note does anyone else think of Lisa Goeke everytime they see Danny???

Yes! :)

QUOTE(ehm @ Feb 18 2009, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1195458[/snapback]
    I think the site you mean is dialidol.com

Yup, thats it.

How are they doing this wild card round? Are the ones that weren't in the 3 chairs in final 12 tonight thrown into the wild card spots?? Or was it the end of the road for the ones not in final 3 chairs tonight?? I was sad to see
    Anoop
    not in those chairs does
    he
    still have a shot at final 12?? Happy to see
    Danny and Alexis
    there though!!! :banana:

4. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Simon looked like he would rather be anywhere but there didn't he. I do not think he was too impressed with that group LOL.

5. Chrissy Nelson

I was sad too. I definatly think That Person... deserved a spot in the top 12 but the song choice was BAD.

Next weeks group is going to be good.

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I was stoked to see
    Alexis and Danny
    but surprised that
    Michael
    was in there. I forget that Country has a HUGE audience. (You mean, just because I don't listen to it doesn't mean that NO ONE DOES? :eek: )

It was cool to see Carly (she was looking lean and mean!) and Michael Johns!! (His dancing hasn't improved!!)

So, technically, one of those people in that group does have a chance at coming back. I had hoped it would be Ricky Braddy! He was so good!

Tatiana is BEYOND ridiculous! If they bring her back, I might have to boycott the flippin' show!!! :girl_devil: He's talking to her on "LIVE" TV and she's fixing her hair and watching herself in the camera?! OH GET OVER YOURSELF! She acted like a spoiled brat that didn't get her way! I understand crying and being upset, but she's just beyond!

7. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Although Danny was one of the only ones I really liked (and red streaked hair girl of course), can I say that night totally sucked? This is not a good season so far. I am really disappointed. They only reason I think I am still tuning in is Simon. :wub: I gotta have a Simon fix. :blush:

8. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Feb 18 2009, 10:14 PM) [snapback]1195905[/snapback]
    Tatiana is BEYOND ridiculous! If they bring her back, I might have to boycott the flippin' show!!! :girl_devil: He's talking to her on "LIVE" TV and she's fixing her hair and watching herself in the camera?! OH GET OVER YOURSELF! She acted like a spoiled brat that didn't get her way! I understand crying and being upset, but she's just beyond!
    I know. How self-absorbed can you be? All the other contestants looked genuinely happy for the three who made it through. Except Tatiana who was bawling. Puh-leeeeze! :rolleyes:

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Feb 18 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1195946[/snapback]
    Although Danny was one of the only ones I really liked (and red streaked hair girl of course), can I say that night totally sucked? This is not a good season so far. I am really disappointed. They only reason I think I am still tuning in is Simon. :wub: I gotta have a Simon fix. :blush:
    I always feel this way at the beginning of the season. Hopefully it will change. And Simon :wub: well . . .

BTW, I really don't like the way they are picking the final twelve this season.

9. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 19 2009, 06:36 AM) [snapback]1196104[/snapback]
    BTW, I really don't like the way they are picking the final twelve this season.

I agree!!! Who is to say other groups 3 that get picked are better than 9 that didn't make it in another group who were paired up differently in group they were in. (did that make sense?? :wacko: )

10. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

I liked the three that got picked!

11. caba

caba Banned

I was bummed that Ricky didn't make it ... I thought he was better than the oil rigger guy ... although I know he has mass appeal ...

The whole group stunk.

And I'm sorry, but I just can not stand Kara. I think she is really annoying.

12. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(CCJN @ Feb 19 2009, 06:56 AM) [snapback]1196228[/snapback]
    I agree!!! Who is to say other groups 3 that get picked are better than 9 that didn't make it in another group who were paired up differently in group they were in. (did that make sense?? :wacko: )

RIGHT!! This is what drives me crazy. It's almost like they should do all 3 groups and keep the votes and then count ALL of them together and count down the top 12 vote getters from the WHOLE 36! Or something...I've never liked this round. It seems a little unfair somehow!! :huh:

Erica, I am not sure how I feel about Kara. She's not driving me crazy, but I'm not loving her. She's a little overbearing and I don't think the 4 format is quite as good as the 3...

13. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

I LOVE Kara! Who are the 3 that went through? I missed it!

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(momof5 @ Feb 23 2009, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1202589[/snapback]
    I LOVE Kara! Who are the 3 that went through? I missed it!

Danny, Alexis (pink hair stripe), and Country singer guy (Michael?)

15. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

This week a girl from our county is in the running. Her name is Jasmine. I think she is pretty good..but we will see her live. It would be exciting for her to win for our little towns. :p

She is from Starkville Mississippi. About 35 mins from where I live...and my sister knows her.

Brandy

16. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caba @ Feb 19 2009, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1196567[/snapback]
    I was bummed that Ricky didn't make it ... I thought he was better than the oil rigger guy ... although I know he has mass appeal ...

The whole group stunk.

And I'm sorry, but I just can not stand Kara, . I think she is really annoying.

Me either i dont think having 4 judges works. She just doesnt seem to "fit" and she really irratates me.

Im happy the with 3 that got through i think they were the best though i have to say Ricky and Jackie were really good too. Everyone else sucked. Stevie song was awful and Casey did not do herself justice. Im so glad Tatiana was booted out! She was so annoying and i definetly agree with you Dfaut she did act like a spoilt brat, obviously she was upset but i mean come on!

17. Mama_Kim

I really like Kara but I'm not sure I like the four judge format either. But Kara is cool. And she seems to have the ear like Simon. Ahhh, Simon . . . :wub:

18. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Louise+2 @ Feb 24 2009, 02:06 AM) [snapback]1202729[/snapback]
    Me either i dont think having 4 judges works. She just doesnt seem to "fit" and she really irratates me.

Im happy the with 3 that got through i think they were the best though i have to say Ricky and Jackie were really good too. Everyone else sucked. Stevie song was awful and Casey did not do herself justice. Im so glad Tatiana was booted out! She was so annoying and i definetly agree with you Dfaut she did act like a spoilt brat, obviously she was upset but i mean come on!

YEP, YEP and thank goodness I am not the only one that saw the spoiled child in Tatiana!! :D Thanks!

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 24 2009, 04:34 AM) [snapback]1202759[/snapback]
    I really like Kara but I'm not sure I like the four judge format either. But Kara is cool. And she seems to have the ear like Simon. Ahhh, Simon . . . :wub:

I just chuckle - it's all I can do!! :laughing: I wanna see your laminated list!! :wub:

19. moski

No one really blew me away tonight. And as a Rolling Stones fan, I did not like the last performance.

20. Mama_Kim

I love Adam Lambert!!!!! He is a STAR!! I really liked his version of "Satisfaction" although I also agreed with Simon that there were moments that were not terrific but overall he ROCKED IT OUT!! I really, really love him. And I :wub: Randy for saying "Steven Tyler." :lol:

I also like Allison Iraheta who sang Heart's "Alone" and I like Megan Joy Corkney a lot. She is adorable.

One thing I noticed, lots of crappy song choices: Viva La Vida, This Love (Maroon 5 is just so bad), and Drops of Jupiter (words cannot describe how much I loathe that song).

21. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Okay, we did watch all 12 tonight and I still don't have any I really like, but do think Adam was by far the best performance of the night (even if the vocal wasn't amazing). The blond from Utah (Mark calls her Reese Witherspoon's wilder younger sister - she's so tough to pin down - pretty, sweet-looking, got that Utah thing going and then you just got blindsided by her HUGE tattoo and the weird dancing) and the 16-year-old who needs a charisma transplant should be the choice for the female vote (I like the Minnesota single mom because of her personality - sort of like the Arizona nanny of twins from last year although a little edgier - but am not sure if her vocals tonight were good enough).

Anyway I'll say the male winner tonight is Adam, the Utah girl goes on for the females and the wildcard is Norman.

22. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 25 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1205768[/snapback]
    No one really blew me away tonight. And as a Rolling Stones fan, I did not like the last performance.

Ditto!!

I did like Allison (16 year old that sang Queen) and Kris (don't remember him from Hollywood week) Adam who did rolling stone song seemed to be trying to make it his own but Mick Jagger is a hard one to do that with you just can't. :cool: He will probably go through to top 12 though.

23. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinstuff @ Feb 25 2009, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1205780[/snapback]
    Okay, we did watch all 12 tonight and I still don't have any I really like, but do think Adam was by far the best performance of the night (even if the vocal wasn't amazing). The blond from Utah (Mark calls her Reese Witherspoon's wilder younger sister - she's so tough to pin down - pretty, sweet-looking, got that Utah think going and then you just got blindsided by her HUGE tattoo and the weird dancing) and the 16-year-old who needs a charisma transplant should be the choice for the female vote (I like the Minnesota single mom because of her personality - sort of like the Arizona nanny of twins from last year although a little edgier - but am not sure if her vocals tonight were good enough).

Anyway I'll say the male winner tonight is Adam, the Utah girl goes on for the females and the wildcard is Norman.

Utah girl is Megan, so funny you commented on her dancing I was IM'ing with my daughter at college during the show and said "She can sing, but she sure can't dance" I think she will probably go through too.

24. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(CCJN @ Feb 25 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]1205783[/snapback]
    Ditto!!

I did like Allison (16 year old that sang Queen) and Kris (don't remember him from Hollywood week) Adam who did rolling stone song seemed to be trying to make it his own but Mick Jagger is a hard one to do that with you just can't. :cool: He will probably go through to top 12 though.

Allison sang Heart, not Queen. ;)

I have been trying to get through for Adam but the line is busy. He is awesome! Although his hair really bugs me. He looks like an elf!

25. moski

Yeah, that dancing was odd.

I did like the girl that did the Heart song, I thought she sounded good. I think choosing the Cold Play song was a mistake because you hear it everywhere right now, so it's not easy to separate from that.

26. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 25 2009, 10:12 PM) [snapback]1205786[/snapback]

LOL thanks, Was just rereading my post and going back to edit , too late :p

27. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Jasmine - OOF!! I had high hopes :( She was so pitchy throughout!

Matt Giraud - Started strong, but I heard some harsh notes in there. (Paula made all kinds of sense :rolleyes:)

Jeannine - first impression was that she was pushing her lips out way too far and she's not in sync with the band or something. NOT great!!! Yes, great legs - but ugh!

Nick - (alter ego Normund Gentle) pretty sad that this guy is practically singing better than the SERIOUS singers :laughing: He was nasally, but I have to admit, I laughed...(vote for the worst loves him, naturally) He'll get a a deal of some sort out of this!

Allison - she didn't interview well, but looking forward to hear her sing. She was rockin', but it was a little shouty too me, but the judges didn't get that! Things are looking good for her!

Kris Allen- this kid can sing! He's cute too! He and Allison are my faves so far!!! I may have to vote for him!!!

Megan - She's a pretty girl. She's got an identity crisis. Her dress doesn't fit her personality and her ink. She sounded good, but it was a little impressionistic...I like her though!

Matt Breitzke - He sounded great, but it was a good performance if that makes sense. I really wanted to like him because he's kinda the bootstrap guy.

Jesse - Betty Davis Eyes REQUIRES a raspy voice, doesn't it? She sounded just fine. I really want her to whiten her teeth - is that bad? Not terribly memorable.

Kai - he's got a great voice. Not blown away by him... I'm still on Allison and Kris with Megan as my 3rd...

Mishavonna - She's cute! She looks great! This chick can BLOW! I'm impressed!! Have to re-valuate my choices. I think Simon's going to watch it back and rethink it I think.

Adam - He's got GREAT EYES! He looks the part! He made it his own!! WOW! I'm on the Adam bandwagon!!! (I didn't hear the bad parts that Simon was talking about.)

Now...who do I vote for? GULP!! Decisions, decisions!!!

28. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 25 2009, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1205786[/snapback]

I have been trying to get through for Adam but the line is busy. He is awesome! Although his hair really bugs me. He looks like an elf!

:laughing: Elf! Too funny!

I'm going to get the phone. Have to choose who I'm voting for!

29. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Ya know who's missing from this conversation? Kathryn! Where did that girl get to?

30. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

Liked Adam and Megan (tat gal). I think they both have innate star quality, interesting and talented. I really like Megan's style. It really appeals to me...(along the lines of Duffy and Adele)...who I'm digging.

Was Adam the lead on Broadway in Rent? I thought I heard someone say that. I always watch idol taped and usually fast forward to the performances....so I miss stuff.

31. Chrissy Nelson

I think that I have this strange love for Adam :D He is hot in a wierd Emo sort of way.

32. Chrissy Nelson

And what was up with
    Man In The Mirror dude
    getting in???? I totally thought
    tattoo girl or Nate/Nick
    would have that mystery spot. I was totally happy with the other 2.

33. Mama_Kim

Well he looks like a freakin' elf with his little emo haircut but this is me ---------> :banana: doing the HAPPY dance!!!! I am glad to see
    Kris and Alllison both
    made it through too.

34. Chrissy Nelson

Well the elf look is in, get with the times Kim....

35. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 26 2009, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1207428[/snapback]
    Well the elf look is in, get with the times Kim....

Are you calling me old and out of touch, Chrissy? :p Because I could still open a can of whoopa$$ on you! :lol: