American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I bet if Adam would have tried out for Rock Star he would have sealed the deal on that one.

Hey Kim was it Heart with Journey??? They are coming here together and we are thinking about going.

2. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

No, just Heart here but it was so good. On the short side, only 1 1/2 hours, but well worth it. Ann can really still belt it out and Nancy, man, can she play!!

3. Mama_Kim

4. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Those were some good interviews. Thanks for sharing them

Only thing that is bugging me is when people say Adam did not win because "he may be gay" or Kris won because he got "Danny's votes" or "the Christian vote" I am sorry it is not any of those reasons imho. Kris won because he got the most votes. I am sure both (or rather all 6) phone lines were busy for the full 2 hours. It was just Kris that got the most votes. He may not have been a phenomenal vocalist but he has a great singing talent along with instrumental talent and America voted and he won.

5. Mama_Kim

I agree, Cheryl. Although I do think the people who were voting for Danny were more likely to vote for Kris, if they continued to vote after Danny was eliminated, so that part is most likely true. It was part of the reason I was pretty sure Kris was going to win. That and Kris is more marketable to a mainstream audience.

6. Chrissy Nelson

7. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 24 2009, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1326551[/snapback]
    I agree, Cheryl. Although I do think the people who were voting for Danny were more likely to vote for Kris, if they continued to vote after Danny was eliminated, so that part is most likely true. It was part of the reason I was pretty sure Kris was going to win. That and Kris is more marketable to a mainstream audience.

Thanks for posting the link to those interviews. I always miss those! Kris and Adam are both so nice. :good:

8. Mama_Kim

9. Chrissy Nelson

10. PetiteFleur

PetiteFleur Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 25 2009, 01:10 PM) [snapback]1327351[/snapback]
    I guess poor Scotts duet was cut from the finale... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30928826/

Dang, bitter much, Scott? :rolleyes:

11. PetiteFleur

PetiteFleur Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 25 2009, 08:48 AM) [snapback]1327097[/snapback]
    Another fun read (written before the finale) from RS:

Whole Lotta Lambert: How Adam Lambert single-handedly saved American Idol

Oh, and I think I heard Adam and Kris will be on Today's Summer Concert Series this Thursday!

Are they talking about us? :D

"He’s easily the most fun Idol ever, a flam-bam-boyantly queeny California boy who has devoted his nights to making Midwestern housewives slobber into their tubs of Ben & Jerry’s Karamel Sutra."

12. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(PetiteFleur @ May 25 2009, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1327441[/snapback]
    Are they talking about us? :D

"He's easily the most fun Idol ever, a flam-bam-boyantly queeny California boy who has devoted his nights to making Midwestern housewives slobber into their tubs of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra."

I think maybe so. :p

13. twin_trip_mommy

Kim look at this

Could Adam Lambert Become Queen's New Front Man?

14. twin_trip_mommy

15. twin_trip_mommy

Well I just got the link for the Regis and Kelly show (shared it in the Adam thread also) and it has Idol performances on it

HERE is a direct link to the Idols performances on the show.

I did not know that Regis and Kara were cousins?

Another thing I did not know was that Simon never spoke to Kris after he won. IMO that was rude

16. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ May 27 2009, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1330624[/snapback]
    Well I just got the link for the Regis and Kelly show (shared it in the Adam thread also) and it has Idol performances on it

HERE is a direct link to the Idols performances on the show.

I did not know that Regis and Kara were cousins?

Another thing I did not know was that Simon never spoke to Kris after he won. IMO that was rude

THAT'S BECAUSE KRIS SHOULDN'T HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHO WOULD VOTE FOR HIM OVER ADAM????????????
    OH YAH, A SHALLOW LITTLE EIGHT YEAR OLD.
    Just because kris is goodlooking, everyone votes for him. This contest isn't about who's cuter, it's about who has a better voice. That is clearly Adam.
    GET OVER IT, HE'S MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris even said at the end that Adam should have won.
    No, he was not being humble, he was being honest.
    Kris is a good guy. He can't help it that this country is full of shallow eight year olds. I don't blame Kris, I blame tv which teaches children that looks are more important then talent. Half of the disney channel stars lip synch. They're all famous just because they have nice skin and hair. What does that teach children? It teaches them to be shallow.

17. ehm

ehm Banned

I think you should tell us how you really feel :D ! Thank goodness I didn't vote because if I had I would have voted for Kris and I would not have appreciated all the generalizations made above. I think the people who said before the finale that it would probably come down to where the votes that had previously gone to Danny would go once he left hit the nail on the head.

18. nessas3girlsandtwinboys

nessas3girlsandtwinboys Well-Known Member

another 8 year old here lol I like Kris :) he's on the today show right now singing heartless :D

19. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Evelyn @ May 28 2009, 01:49 AM) [snapback]1330862[/snapback]
    THAT'S BECAUSE KRIS SHOULDN'T HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHO WOULD VOTE FOR HIM OVER ADAM????????????
    OH YAH, A SHALLOW LITTLE EIGHT YEAR OLD.
    Just because kris is goodlooking, everyone votes for him. This contest isn't about who's cuter, it's about who has a better voice. That is clearly Adam.
    GET OVER IT, HE'S MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris even said at the end that Adam should have won.
    No, he was not being humble, he was being honest.
    Kris is a good guy. He can't help it that this country is full of shallow eight year olds. I don't blame Kris, I blame tv which teaches children that looks are more important then talent. Half of the disney channel stars lip synch. They're all famous just because they have nice skin and hair. What does that teach children? It teaches them to be shallow.

Adam fan through and through here but I gotta say this is completely unfair to Kris. Kris won because he is talented, likeable, and yes, cute, but the same could be said of Adam too! Kris has definitely got a more mass appeal. Adam does have the better voice, no doubt, but a lot of people could not relate to his style. That being said, I think they are both amazingly talented artists!!

I just saw them interviewed on Today and I've got to say these are two of the nicest young men ever. I love the relationship between the two of them. There is no animosity there, no hard feelings, they are truly each other's fans. Heck, they are appearing together all over. It's clearly not a competition for them. How cool!!

20. Chrissy Nelson

21. Mama_Kim

That's awesome!

22. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Alexis Cohen, a two-time Idol tryout contestant who never got picked to go to Hollywood but whose tryouts were featured on the shows this past year and in her previous tryout, died in a car accident this weekend. You'll recognize who she is if you follow this link; she was one who famously cursed out Simon and then turned a leaf this past year but who gave him a parting shot upon not being picked again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090726/ap_en_mu/us_american_idol_contestant_death_3

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I saw this today, too Craig! She was something! The first year she tried out she had stars painted around her eyes! I think they said she was HIT by a car?

24. Mama_Kim

Oh wow. How sad. :( She was a nut!

25. Chrissy Nelson

That is so crazy... Poor girl. I kinda liked her voice.

26. Chrissy Nelson

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=430379&gt1=28103 Is Ellen taking Paulas spot??

27. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

28. Chrissy Nelson

Ellen and AI has confirmed it. Nice twist, I think I approve.

29. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

OOps! Sorry....I spun this topic off of Ellen!! :D