American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Jan 11, 2009.

1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Jan 22 2009, 06:07 AM) [snapback]1157087[/snapback]
    I recorded and ff'ed through both nights last night. Lots of good talent in SF! And that little homeless girl at the end last night was awesome, the one who wrote her original song. Oh, and I loved the kid in SF who sang Bohemian Rhapsody. I hope we see more of them in Hollywood!

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Jan 22 2009, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1157726[/snapback]
    Yes, he is usually right. On occasion, I think he gets it wrong, but overall, he is spot on.

what she said!! :laughing: I only saw a few and the last girl was one of them. She was really good!! Original stuff is a huge risk!!!

2. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Jan 13 2009, 06:35 AM) [snapback]1144711[/snapback]
    Looking forward to seeing Simon again. :wub:

Me too!
    I absolutely <3 Simon!
    I know a lot of people don't like him, but I love him!

3. Bichon999

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Jan 22 2009, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1158334[/snapback]
    what she said!! :laughing: I only saw a few and the last girl was one of them. She was really good!! Original stuff is a huge risk!!!

lol, most original songs don't get in.

Simon only tells the truth!
    He's not mean to them if they are good or decent.
    He only says those comments if there's nothing he can do for them other then convince them never to sing again.
    Simon makes the show!

We love you, Simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :hug: :give_rose:

4. Bichon999

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Jan 13 2009, 02:52 PM) [snapback]1145431[/snapback]
    Oh yes I did. I love me some Simon. :wub: :lol:

I'll second that!
    We luv ya, Simon!!!

5. Bichon999

QUOTE(ehm @ Jan 13 2009, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1146016[/snapback]
    Ok, I don't think I am liking the songs they are playing after the people perform. Seems odd but maybe something I can get used to????

My gut is actually that the new judge will be replacing Simon in the future not Paula. I know no one else thinks this but that is just my gut and I am going to type it out so in the future I will have it in writing :laughing: . Simon has already said he is not renewing his contract and I believe it was a 10 year deal.

Actually, Simon always says that. Then Everyone is like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And he does.
    Let's face it. Nobody would watch american Idol without Simon. Cara's too nice. Cara wouldn't have said yes to Jesus if he hadn't brought the kids in :angry: you can't just give in like that!

6. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I caught the first half of a show the other day...not sure if it was a rerun...but anyways, is it just me or does the new chick seem controlling? I know in past (old) episodes Paula or Simon would kind of take turns starting off the judging or asking someone else to judge first...but the new chick seemed to take over ....

7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I liked the tattoo girl with the kid. She was good tonight. I also liked the last chick with the dreads, she was blonde and both her parents had died.

Other than that not too excited tonight. They need to get on with it.

8. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I loved every single one they put through tonight. Some good talent!

9. Mama_Kim

I :wub: Simon and his cute little ;) .

10. Chrissy Nelson

I cannot believe they put that funny dude through tonight. I also am happy finger girl came back, she sounded better last year.

11. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

My wife and I did catch the final audition show tonight. I actually liked the funny guy too. I didn't see all or even most of the audition shows but nobody has stood out with me thus far. Glad to see the Hollywood shows finally begin next week.

12. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm SOOOOO ready for Hollywood week!!!

13. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else cry when the contestants get their golden ticket and go out to their excited crying families? Am I the only overly emotional one? My DH and kids love to make fun of me!

14. Chrissy Nelson

VFTW.com has who they think is the final 36. HOwever they do not have their faces on with it just their names. It looks like they somehow got a list of the names.

15. Chrissy Nelson

Is anyone else watching this week??? Tonight was a super dramatic group night wasn't it... I wish they would show more singing though. I really would like to see the blind guy sing again, they have not shown him since his audition. I am also sad that many of my favs are not doing so hot.

16. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There was soooooo much drama last night.

Was that Osmond kid one of THE Osmonds? I think he is off now, but I noticed him on Tues. night.

17. Mama_Kim

Yes, he is Alan Osmond's son. Alan Osmond has MS and so does the son, David, who was on AI. Three years ago the son was confined to a wheelchair. So it was cool to see him up and looking so healthy.

I love the guy from Milwaukee whose wife passed away (he has the little glasses) and the rocker dude with the black hair. Man, can he sing!

18. moski

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 5 2009, 07:44 AM) [snapback]1176976[/snapback]
    Yes, he is Alan Osmond's son. Alan Osmond has MS and so does the son, David, who was on AI. Three years ago the son was confined to a wheelchair. So it was cool to see him up and looking so healthy.

I love the guy from Milwaukee whose wife passed away (he has the little glasses) and the rocker dude with the black hair. Man, can he sing!

As soon as I saw him (Osmond), I said to Doug he looks just like the Osmond brothers when they were young (yes, I am old ;) ). I think he looks a lot like Donnie. That is awesome that he is up like that if he was in a wheelchair from the MS previously. Wow!

I love that guy(the music teacher that lost his wife,what is his first name), I thought his group did great last night. I also liked the group White Chocolate(first group). I was sooooo glad that bikini girl went home last night. I could not stand that drama queen girl that was going back and forth between the groups and crying that she didn't like her group. She was creating sooo much drama. And then when they got through, she was just being so ridiculous with all the crying and carrying on.

19. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 5 2009, 06:44 AM) [snapback]1176976[/snapback]

He's my favorite right now. (Though I can't remember his name!)

I'm ready for the final 36 and to have the live competition start.

20. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 5 2009, 03:16 AM) [snapback]1176761[/snapback]
    Is anyone else watching this week??? Tonight was a super dramatic group night wasn't it... I wish they would show more singing though. I really would like to see the blind guy sing again, they have not shown him since his audition. I am also sad that many of my favs are not doing so hot.

Thats what my Dh and I said. They spend the whole show on the drama and hardly show any of the singing! I was thinkning maybe they are trying to hide the really good ones?

What happened to Jason Castro's brother?

21. Chrissy Nelson

THat rocker guy with the black hair is HOT!!!

22. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 5 2009, 12:13 PM) [snapback]1177335[/snapback]
    THat rocker guy with the black hair is HOT!!!

I don't know about that but the boy can sing! Yowza!

23. Chrissy Nelson

LOL, I also am in love with Tommy Lee though. I have issues.

24. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 5 2009, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1177361[/snapback]

Now Tommy Lee, I love! This kid is probably young enough to be my son! :lol:

25. twinstuff-old

My wife and I saw some of each of the last two nights. Not sure if we have any favorites yet - I'd like to say there's a woman single I'm rooting for but haven't seen any quite yet (seems like at this point last year and in past years there were a few we'd each be rooting for). I did think the guy with the dark black hair has a good voice and I know my wife likes the one from Milwaukee whose wife died (kind of sad that's how we have to describe him, but nobody seems to know his name yet).

26. twinstuff-old

Just doing a little research on the web, the black-haired guy is named Adam Lambert. One female singer I remember is Jackie Tohn (husky-voiced with good personality - a little odler - late 20s maybe?). The one who sang Kiss from a Rose on Tuesday (I'll mention his song instead of mentioning his personal loss) is Danny Gokey. I don't remember this girl, Casey Carlson, but can I root for her?

http://caseycarlson.net/

27. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

dh and i LOVE LOVE LOVE Danny!!! He is our number one pick to win the whole thing. His best friend is awesome too and we also loved Adam. I still feel like there was a lot of talent that we didn't get to see. But we did love that blonde girl's voice that was in the group with that one drama queen girl (the girl who is puerto rican but doesn't live there). Dh and I just watched T and W night shows on dvr. Hollywood was as entertaining as always but so heart breaking to watch sometimes. Some deserve it the boot while others I felt didn't have a fair shot because of the rest of their group. Oh well. I look forward to next week when people have a chance to shine with their instruments or just show their raw talent.

28. Chrissy Nelson

LOL, Craig... now it is her voice you enjoy right???

29. Bichon999

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Jan 29 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]1168459[/snapback]
    I :wub: Simon and his cute little ;) .

mmhm. We all luv Simon.
    Anyways, did u see that part with the girl that went like this:

girl-"There's been some tension in our group" (Not real words but close enough)
    Simon-"So in other words, u won't be going out to dinner anytime soon"
    girl-"You and I?"

It was great! lol! :D

30. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 4 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1176761[/snapback]

I haven't seen enough to know them all yet!!

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 5 2009, 10:23 AM) [snapback]1177361[/snapback]

Issues? If that's wrong, who wants to be right!

Craig! She has a great voice, RIGHT???????? :rofl:

31. moski

I was really upset that they let that Tatiana drama girl go through to the next round last night. Glad that Danny and his buddy are still there. And the Oil rigger guy and a few of the girls that I really like. Oh, and the blind guy did great last night, too. (Can't remember his name...)

32. ehm

ehm Banned

I hadn't realized Jason's brother was still there until they showed him in the room that was leaving!

33. Chrissy Nelson

I think they are dragging this out. I just wish they would get on with it.

34. ehm

ehm Banned

It is actually on the same schedule as the other seasons (the week of President's Day is the first live voting week) it is just this year there will be 36 instead of 24.

35. moski

They were making fun of Tatiana on The View today.