Alright, I gotta just throw it out there ...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by caba, Feb 4, 2009.

1. naomi2

naomi2 Active Member

I am so there with all of you. I was just lamenting about my kids behavior at 17 months, and then thinking it's not even the "terrible twos" yet....Uh....I also have been upset with myself about losing my temper and my patience. And I'm not at home with them all day like some of you (I take my hat off to you a trillion times)--only half a day. I'm so upset over the fact that they are going from 2 naps to 1, so it's less rest time for me. Anyway, glad other people have these feelings too. Not too thrilled over the fact that ages 2 and 3 are no picnic!!!! Naomi

2. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

When our were two my husband and I considered offering people money to take them. ;) Then before we knew it the whining had stopped, so we were happy and life started looking good again. But they had words, and they used those words.... to argue... about... EVERY... LITTLE... THING! :rolleyes:

Aww crap.. we'll cry buckets when they leave for college. But some days I show them brochures and tell them they can go at 15, instead of 18 and how cool it would be. ;)

3. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

my 5 year old is no better! twins are getting harder and harder every day though

4. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

Mine are like that and they are almost 3. My oldest was like that from 3-3.5 I hope the twins are just early and almost done.

5. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I think age 3 is WAY worse :eek:

I cannot wait for them to turn 4...I hope its better. Love them to pieces, but yes, this age is tough a lot!

6. Jennifer P

Jennifer P Well-Known Member

At 3.5 they are driving me straight to a mental hospital. They are getting into more stuff now then when they were younger. They still don't know how to eat a meal when they are home with me. And my only escape from them is at night when I can sit in the living room all alone and work on homework. There are some days I wish I could just escape by myself.

7. Sylvarin

Sylvarin Well-Known Member

We didn't have problems at that age, but we've had them since they hit 3 and have been working constantly on not whining (trying to teach them how to ask and speak without the whine, even if they feel passionately about something). My point is--you're not alone in reaching your limit of patience, regardless of the age *hug*

8. jentwinmom

jentwinmom Well-Known Member

This thread makes me want to crawl in a hole for a couple of years. :(