A wonderful tv program for kids that I just discovered

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by double-or-nothing, Jan 25, 2009.

1. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

It is called Hi-5 and I accidentally found it when I was searching on our free in demand channel. It is on our free Discovery kids channel under a section called Ready, Set, Learn!

It is absolutely adorable. It's educational and the teens that are in the show have beautiful voices and the songs are very catchy (Yes, I dance around and sing with them...okay, sometimes when they're not around too :D ) Anyway, not sure if a lot of people knew about it or not. I have never seen it mentioned here but it is a really cool show if you want to check out something new.

2. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I've seen it on on-demand .. but have never watched it. Maybe we'll give it a try some day !

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Mel! Thanks for that! I just put it on when I made dinner and they loved it! How cute!

4. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

My kids all love that show! There is a US version and an Australian version.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Jan 25 2009, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1161771[/snapback]
    Yes, I dance around and sing with them...

I think that is awesome that you do that!! :woohoo: I do the same and they love it!

I have heard of this show, but haven't yet checked to see if we get it. I'm going to look it up for sure now.

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

sounds fun!!! My kids HATE it when I sing and dance to their music!! (INSERT EVIL LAUGH!!) :girl_devil:

7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Just so you know, it is on Discovery kids, but it has a 5 minute cartoon with a pengiun before it. Now my girls won't watch the on demand version any more.

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Yes, this show is very good! Amy {summerfun} mentioned it a while back and I put it on for my two. They like it alot!! :good:

Hey, you want to share a video of yourself dancing and singing? :laughing:

9. megan smith

megan smith Well-Known Member

Its been here for more than 10 years now. I loved it with my oldest and my little ones watch it now. Its sad though they have just replaced the originals with younger Hi5 people because the originals were getting married and having babies.

10. Elizabeth619

Elizabeth619 Member

My kids LOVE this show!

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Like Liz said, I have mentioned this show lots of times in our buddy club. :D

Emilie and Trevor absolutely LOVE it, they are watching it now in fact. They have been around awhile, my oldest DD watched it 5 years ago as well. We DVR the shows everyday and she still watches them when she gets home from school each day. :lol: I totally agree, it's a great show. :good: We even have the CD for the car. :D All 3 kids sing along to it, it's so cute!