A silly computer question

Discussion in 'General' started by Zarend, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Zarend

Zarend Member

Hello girls, I hope someone here has better computer knowledge than me. We have two computers in our house, and I sometimes I want to open files from the second computer while using first. Can it be done? One of them is an iMac, and another one is my son's Windows PC.

2. Tonadel

Tonadel Member

Hey there! In fact, it's possible as long as you're aware about the correct way of doing it. You should read an article that will teach you how to access windows shares from mac, and when you're done it won't be a problem for you. Hopefully this solves your MacOS problems and lets you operate your computer easily.

3. Daneshka

Daneshka Active Member

As far as I know, these are two different operating systems for PCs and many files and programs work only on one of these operating systems, while the other uses similar software, but with different extensions. Therefore, you are unlikely to be able to view the same files offline from two computers.

4. Caroll

Caroll Active Member

Everything is correct. Programs for Windows OS are created in one programming language, while MAC OS uses software developed in another. But this doesn't mean that you can't use the same files on these two PCs. It's just that all you have to do is always have a special conversion software on hand. For example, here https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/mac/how-to-convert-dvd-to-video-on-mac.html is a detailed and simple guide on how you can change a DVD video file for viewing on your MacBook using the MAC OS video player. As you can see, there is nothing difficult here.

5. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Well-Known Member

Hello Zarend, let me ask you something, do you use regular power at your house? This may sound strange but I recently changed to solar powered and I've been saving a lot of money since then! I use Renogy's products, they have everything from Battery chargers, inverter chargers, battery inverters, solar panels, DIY solar kits, and more stuff! So I'd really recommend you to go full green energy so we start helping the environment too!