A bunch more recalls

Discussion in 'General' started by cwinslow7, Sep 27, 2007.

1. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

Just saw on the news that there were 7 recalls yesterday and now today there's a recall on Kolcraft PNPs.

Instead of linking to an individual manufacturer I am just going to link to Consumer Product Safety Commission homepage...maybe we should put up a sticky or a permanent link so that we all have regular, easy access since CPSC usually oversees these recalls.

2. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a sticky......there are just WAY too many recalls right now! It's getting scary.

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

It is scary how many recalls are happening...

I actually signed up on the CPSC website for their email list, they send out notices of all the recalls. It's been really handy, but scary at the same time, how much I didn't realize before I started getting their emails!

4. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

Gracie's crib was on the recall list...its a Simplicity. I called the recall hotline yesterday to get the repair kit...it takes 3-4 weeks for it to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MSB1203

oh and here is another link...it is a little easier to navigate to me. www.recalls.gov

6. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MSB1203 @ Sep 27 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]426181[/snapback]
    Gracie's crib was on the recall list...its a Simplicity. I called the recall hotline yesterday to get the repair kit...it takes 3-4 weeks for it to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink: That's nuts! Did they offer you any suggestions in the meantime??? I think I'd be pissed!

7. MSB1203

QUOTE(Chillers @ Sep 27 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]426200[/snapback]
    :blink: That's nuts! Did they offer you any suggestions in the meantime??? I think I'd be pissed!

Oh the hotline was ALL automated. Go figure! They did say it was okay to continue using it. the recall site showed pictures of properly installed and improperly installed and her is correct. Still scary.

8. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting these- I had no idea how many there have been lately! And every time there is an additional recall, people get de-sensitized to them and don't pay as much attention, and the media doesn't pay as much attention, as when there are SEVEN recalls in one day! Whoa! Awful!