90210: New Generation? (merged)

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Four_to_Six

Four_to_Six Well-Known Member

I caught a few minutes of it just to check it out. I wasn't too impressed; it seemed kinda corny to me. But, I loved the original and I think anything would pale in comparison. ;)

Just curious: I read that Shannon Doherty's character made an appearance last night. So what's her story line? If I remember correctly wasn't she fired from the original show because she was difficult to work with?

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Okay, is Silver actually Erin? But she goes by her last name?

Shannon Doherty is back. She wasn't fired originally but left after 4 years. Her character is going to take a position at the high school with the drama dept (remember she left to study at the Royal Academy of Dramatic blah blah blah in London). But, in US magazine, they said she was in 4 episodes.

I thought she looked much older, Jennie Garth still looks good, Rob Estes looks mmm mmm good. I liked the main character, Annie. Who is the woman playing the grandmother?

I am liking the show, don't tell anyone. :spy:

3. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what their grandmother's name is, but I know her friend is Linda Gray from Dallas.

4. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The grandmother played Emily Gilmore on Gilmore Girls.

5. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I only caught the last 20 minutes. I have a question, is Silver supposed to be David Silvers child? Just wondering.......

6. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

Silver is Kelly's sister Erin.

did anyone notice in the first 5 sec "hanna zuckermann- (can't remember the other name), andrea's daughter!!!!!

Kelly has a son!!!!!!!

I am totally addicted to this show!

7. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dawnmj @ Sep 4 2008, 12:41 PM) [snapback]962859[/snapback]
    did anyone notice in the first 5 sec "hanna zuckermann- (can't remember the other name), andrea's daughter!!!!!

Kelly has a son!!!!!!!

OMG that's right!!!!

Yeah, I wonder if there will be a story line about who Kelly's son's dad might be. Is it Dylan???

8. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

I am thinking Jason, she made a comment to Brenda about him calling at 3am and she had been on the phone with someone in one of the scenes so who knows.

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

OMG I HAVE to watch tonight!!! I'm SO excited and apparently a 12 year old girls again ;) I've been waiting for a new show to replace gilmore girls. I haven't really watched anything religiously since then.

10. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(Kendra @ Sep 3 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]961790[/snapback]
    The grandmother played Emily Gilmore on Gilmore Girls.

No, the grandmother is Jessica Walter ... she played Lucille Bluth on Arrested Development (best show EVER!) ... she was so great on AD, and plays a similar character on 90210

Emily Gilmore was played by Kelly Bishop.

11. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(momotwinsmom @ Sep 4 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]962761[/snapback]
    I only caught the last 20 minutes. I have a question, is Silver supposed to be David Silvers child? Just wondering.......

No, she is supposed to be Kelly's half sister ... Remember that in the original Kelly's mom married David's Dad? They supposedly had a kid ... that's Erin Silver. So she is technically both Kelly and David's half sister.

12. Kendra

I know I read she was on something. Got my shows mixed up.

13. Leighann

OMG I'm counting down the minutes until 8pm. I emailed DH to remind me too. He is less than thrilled about the prospect of my getting obsessed with this show :rolleyes: He endured years of gilmore so he will survive this too!

14. Leighann

I'm so excited to have a new show to watch!!! LOVED IT! I like how its based on some of the original characters (Silver! Zuckerman-Vascez (sp?)). But um, were the parents in the original 90210 so irresponsible? Dad/principal goes to the party to find his kids, then has a run-in with a mom at the party (won't spoil the news if anyone hasn't yet seen it), then goes home without finding his kids and crawls into bed with his wife. Meanwhile kids are at the beach god knows where in the middle of the night?! Also, I wonder if they will go to more than just English class.. seems like all they do is hang in the halls and hang with hot english teacher... oh and drink a lot!

15. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I also liked the show. I am curious to see where they take the show. Will it be about the high school kids or the parents and the old 90210 people?

Did anyone notice that Kelly's son had blond curly hair? Any chance it is Steve's kid? I know he was married and all of that when the original went off of the air, but it was also implied that Kelly and Dylan would be together too.

16. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I watched it last night too. I want to know who the father of Kelly's son!

Will be interested to see how the series goes!

17. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(Leighann @ Sep 4 2008, 06:21 PM) [snapback]963638[/snapback]
    He endured years of gilmore so he will survive this too!

Ah, I still miss that show ... I LOVED Lorelai ... and Rory ... ah. makes me sad even typing out there names. :cry:

18. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Is Kelly living in Dylan's old house? It looks like it!

19. sulik110202

QUOTE(melissao @ Sep 6 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]966177[/snapback]
    Is Kelly living in Dylan's old house? It looks like it!

I thought it was the house David was living in at the end of the show. Now that I think about it, I think Dylan lived there at one point too.

20. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

Oh DARN!! I missed it last week. I hope they replay the first episode before the second comes on this coming week!

21. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

I knew the house looked familiar but I thought David's but I think Dylan lived there in the end too.

22. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

My friend just had a baby and named her Loreli.

Anyways... I am thinking that if Brandon was the father Brenda would have said let me see my nephew or something like that. There was no mention of anything between Brenda and Kelly and you would think if Brandon was the pappa something would have been said.

Now if Dylan is the Dad I will jump up and down and have a complete life FOREVER!!! But I am thinking that kid did have curly hair and Kelly did the nasty with Steve and has a littlle Steve baby.

Man they just should have brought the show back with the original cast members and none of this teenager drama and I would have been happy.

23. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Sep 6 2008, 11:13 PM) [snapback]967262[/snapback]
    Anyways... I am thinking that if Brandon was the father Brenda would have said let me see my nephew or something like that. There was no mention of anything between Brenda and Kelly and you would think if Brandon was the pappa something would have been said.

Now if Dylan is the Dad I will jump up and down and have a complete life FOREVER!!! But I am thinking that kid did have curly hair and Kelly did the nasty with Steve and has a littlle Steve baby.

I read a quote from Jennie Garth where she said she doesn't know who the dad will be, but it will probably be whichever of the original male cast members has a guest appearance first!

hehe

24. Chrissy Nelson

I m thinking it is Steve. Tonight I was screaming at the TV WHO IS THE DAD!!!

I liked tonights show.

25. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Sep 6 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]967262[/snapback]
    My friend just had a baby and named her Loreli.

Man they just should have brought the show back with the original cast members and none of this teenager drama and I would have been happy.

Even though I taped last weeks show, I never watched it. I did see it tonight though and I AM HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy, OMG! You are so funny!

So from what you guys mentioned in the previous posts, which girl is Andreas sister?

Did I already say I am HOOKED!?!?!?!

26. melissa1

melissa1 Well-Known Member

I told myself from the moment I heard this show was coming out that I would not watch it.. I was a huge 90210 fan! My mom called the night the first episode aired and was shocked I was not watching it, so I turned it on out of curiosity and put the show on TIVO during the first commercial :D I am so hooked it is so much better than I thought it would be!! They are killing me with Kellie's son Who is the dad???? Oh if it is Brandon I will die a happy women LOL

27. Kendra

We've only seen a passing mention of Andrea's daughter. (not sister) Erin Silver (the girl who was staying at a shelter) is Kelly's half sister.

I didn't watch the later years of the original show, was the actress playing Kelly and Erin's mother last night the same one from the original show?

I was also thinking there has been some horseplay with the dates. The original guys graduated the same year as I did, if I had gotten pregnant on prom night the baby would be 15 so I think they have speed it up a few years. (Same thing happened with Degrassi TNG, Joey mentioned his age one time and it was 2 years older than I KNEW him to be since I graduated "with" them as well)

It was a good show last night. I think there is a baby brother/sister comming for Annie and Dixon.

28. sulik110202

Yes the lady that played Kelli's mom last night is the same from the original show.

I am so hooked on this show. It has moved up the priority list in my DRV schedule.

29. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

And for someone who has been an "alcoholic" for years she has aged well lol. I guess that is why they are in Beverly Hills lol!!!
    I missed the first show but caught the one last night. SO it is Dylan that Kelly got pregnant by....I wonder if he will be stopping by.

30. Leighann

I think Steve is the dad too. Did you see that kid? He looks SO much like Steve!

And also when Kelly was talking to english teacher dude about the father she said how she had a lot of history with him in high school and then they hooked up once 4 years ago, yada yada.

They probably are still in contract negoitations with Ian Ziering so they can't committ to saying he is the dad!

31. Chrissy Nelson

I know Jason Priestly has signed on to direct episodes but nobody has signed on to star yet. It is not like any of them are busy LOL.

32. Leighann

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Sep 10 2008, 12:19 PM) [snapback]973131[/snapback]
    I know Jason Priestly has signed on to direct episodes but nobody has signed on to star yet. It is not like any of them are busy LOL.

:laughing:!!!

33. Chrissy Nelson

Well Brenda is out. She did not renew her contract, but Kelly did.

34. Leighann

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Sep 10 2008, 11:19 PM) [snapback]974434[/snapback]
    Well Brenda is out. She did not renew her contract, but Kelly did.

Aw Bummer! I wonder if they'll get Donna then. I know Tori Spelling was upset that Shannen Doherty was getting more $$.

35. Kendra

I bowl Thursdays. Tonight I mentioned to the guys on my team that its cool now since they did it on 90210. Somehow the 72 year old and the 21 year old didn't get the 90210 buzz. They also weren't excited about my going to see NKOTB next Friday.