8 month old bottle feeding schedule

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by waitingfortwins, Oct 3, 2013.

1. waitingfortwins

waitingfortwins Well-Known Member

I am interested in knowing feeding schedules for 8 month olds who are bottle fed and eating solids.

Currently my twins eat 5x a day and eat solids 1x a day. They eat about 75% EXB and 25% formula. They eat every three hours and am thinking they can go longer between feeds.

Here is their nap and feed schedule
    7:10 wake up
    740 bottle (DS gets 6 oz and DD gets 4 oz)
    830-930 nap
    1030 bottle and solids (2 "ice cubes" shared between the two)
    12-1 nap
    130 bottle
    330-430 nap
    430 bottle
    630 bedtime bottle (DD gets 7.5 oz and DD gets 7 oz)

Night time
    DD and DS gets 4 oz bottle
    DD nurses 1x about 2oz assuming

So the 430 bottle is close to their bed time bottle and sometimes they don't finish their bottles so I figure I could drop their bottle but not sure if four hours is too long between feeds or if I should feed more solids?

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I have a hard time remembering that far back, but I'm pretty sure we were down to 4 8 oz bottles by 8 months with at least 2 solid feedings. I know by 10 we were down to 3 8 oz bottles a day, so I think by 8 months we had to be at 4. (Then down to 2 at 11 months, then quickly dropped the last 2 at 12, first morning then night).

3. lcjackman

lcjackman Well-Known Member

We're 8.5 months here and breastfeeding 4 times per day - first thing in the morning, after morning nap, after afternoon nap and before bed. I can't be totally sure how much they're having obviously but anytime they have a bottle they drink about 8oz. We're also doing breakfast, lunch and dinner though and no night feeds.

4. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

We were at 5 bottles around that age. I remember the 4-4:30 bottle was the first one we dropped around 9ish months.