7w3d No babies.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SAmummy, May 23, 2010.

1. SAmummy

SAmummy Member

I went for a follow up scan today. I am 7w3d. There were my two sacs, which had grown nicely. With two yolk sacs that looked bigger. But that was it. She kept asking me if my dates were right. Why do they do that if I told her my LMP??? I cant give her any other freaking dates.

Of course I'm sobbing. Doesnt look as bad as last time, only sac then, no yolk sac. But I know that at 7w3d, no fetal pole and no baby is not a great thing.

I feel so numb.

2. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

so sorry :grouphug:

3. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Im so sorry :hug:

4. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

So sorry sweetie...I have been where you are twice with empty sacs and it never gets easier!! Are they scheduling one more U/S for you?

5. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am sooo sorry. I too have been there with empty sacs way too many times. A lot of what they do from here depends on what you want really I would think. If you want to be really sure, you can ask for a follow up scan in a couple days just to be sure. I did that one of the times. Another time I had a d&c the next day. The last time I took a pill that you insert and let nature take its course.
    Its hard to know what to do from here. A couple days makes a big difference. I hope you are able to talk to your dr and see what he suggests. Whatever it is, make sure you are comfortable with it. If you need one more scan as reassurance...that should be okay with your dr. I am so sorry! :grouphug:

6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am really very sorry. :grouphug:

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I'm very sorry

8. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.

9. Chrijodo

Chrijodo Well-Known Member

So there was only sacs last time and now there are sacs and yolk sacs? My guess is that the babies implanted later than you think or you ovulated later in your cycle than the normal "28 day cycle" and therefore the babies aren't quite as far along as you think you are. Which is probably why she was asking if you are sure on your LMP. If you can wait it out.. I'd give it a few weeks and get another scan. Or ask for an HcG series to be run to see if your numbers are climbing like they should. I will pray for you and beans that everything turns out beautifully! :hug:

10. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I agree, I'd wait it out too! I'm sure you just want to know for sure, but that is the reason why I would wait a couple weeks. You just never know. I'm not sure how you got pregnant, spontaneously or with fertility help, but if it was with help, it is possible that you may have gotten pregnant on your own at a later time. Just thinking of all the options. Let us know what happens.

11. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Was wondering if you had heard from the dr? How are you doing? I was rereading your post and didn't realize there were yolk sacs in them. I think that is def a good sign! Mine were always empty. I would demand another u/s in a week. Another two week wait would be too much stress for you! Was it a transvag u/s or abdominal? I assume t/v? Hope to hear some good news for you!

12. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Definitely wait it out!!! Yolk sacs = growth. You very well likely ovulated later than you think. Keep us posted. HOpe it's good news!

13. Hi there I was just wondering if everything was okay? I hope it is and it stays good for you!