6 year molars... Fever?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Leighann, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Did any of your big kids get a fever when cutting their 6 year molars? Ana has all 4 coming in and developed a fever without any other symptoms this afternoon. Maybe it's wishful thinking hoping that she didn't catch yet another kindergarten illness, but I'm hoping.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

What is their history? Does a fever normally come with them getting teeth? I never associate one with the other. I hope teeth is all it is.

3. Leighann

When she was a baby she did have fevers with teeth.. Hoping that is all it is. She has been sick enough this winter :(

4. MNTwinSquared

I think EVERYONE has been sick enough this winter. :hug: I hope it clears soon.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Lauren had a fever last Friday night, got sick Monday night and showed me her tooth that broke through Thursday. Huh! I guess...so?

6. Leighann

Thanks ladies, she woke up fever-free and is acting like herself... Now the internal debate about whether or not to send her to school since technically their policy is 24 hrs fever-free.

2 people like this.
  7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do it. :girl_devil:

ETA: If you believe the fever is associated with the only the molars, send her in, but if she was acting sick, I'd keep her home.

1 person likes this.
  8. Leighann

I did it bex. Seriously no other symptoms and one fever yesterday afternoon that responded to Motrin and never came back. She was up before I was out of the shower happily playing with her ponies, ate a huge breakfast and was being a pita to her sister. All signs that point to her being well. Now fingers crossed I was right and I won't get a call from the school.

1 person likes this.
  9. MNTwinSquared

Glad she was feeling better! Did you get that call? I bet not!

10. Leighann

I didn't get the call and she was fine all day :). This morning is another story.. She is whiney, tired, and saying her mouth hurts. So I think this is all about her teeth.

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awwww, give her some tylenol! Good to know those things are coming right around the bend.

12. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Leighann - I needed to see this! C has had a fever on and off for a week. It's mostly not there, but then she'll have a fever for a few hours one day. But no other symptoms and she's feeling fine... although she did say her neck and jaw hurt the other day. I wonder if her molars are close to breaking through; I have to check this afternoon when they get home from school.

Hugs to your littles as they deal with new teeth!

13. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I don't think Amy has a fever, but she is cutting her 6 year molars (at almost 7 and a half -- they're late teethers) and she has been a BEAST. Sometimes she says her teeth/jaw hurt, and we give her Advil, but usually we just don't think of it and then we wonder why her behavior is so atrocious. I hate to dose her round-the-clock with Advil (who knows how long those molars will take??) but sometimes I am tempted.

14. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Ditto this!

One of my Girls ( a month older than Minette's DDs) is teething too---- for the past 2 months!! !UGH and she just now had both lower molars break through, the upper ones are still just swollen and sore with out teeth showing!

She has been kinda beastly too! She does not sleep well, so we tend to give Tylonel when it hurts (she complains) and/or if she is sleeping poorly several nights in a row.

It is so funny, she is sticking her pinkie in her mouth like 'Austin Powers" movie- HAHAHHAHA. Makes me laugh, but then I can tell when it is REALLY bothering her (that finger is in her mouth!).

FWIW: her sister go the 6 yr molars at 6 almost exactly and has lost 8 teeth. The DD mentioned above, has lost ONE (yes, one) tooth and is just now getting molars.... she is almost 7.5.