40 weeks and 5 days today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by hot2trottt4u, Aug 2, 2009.

1. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

i will be 41 weeks on tuesday. i cant believe we fliped the calender and i am still pregnant. i have been 2 cm for the last 3weeks. she has not dropped yet and at my NST on friday i was having NO contractions =/
    Tuesday they will make me an apt to induce but he said that probaly would not be till friday or sat.
    I had the twins at 38 weeks and 4 days and never imagined i would go this long with this little girl.
    They estimate her weight at 8 lbs 12 oz (but that was on wed and said it could go up a lb in 7 days time) YIKES!!
    Not sure but this morning i was crazy, emptying the dish washer and reloading it, doing trash, scrubbing the toilet and the bath tub.
    perhapst i am nesting and labor is near =) good news is my parents who have been away for three weeks on vacation came home yesterday.
    they are watching the twins while we are in the hospital so i am happy about that.other wise we had to have my sister who also has two kids and is 8 months pregnant watch the twins while my parents drove back home.
    O well just keeping everyone updated.
    Good luck to everyone. =)

2. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Lori~

I went 11 days over with 3 of mine. It's so hard to wait. The night before I had J. I put two Evening Primrose oil capsules up my V. I have no idea if that helped start labor or not. Oh and I walked really far the evening before too! I'm sure you've heard all those suggestions. :)

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you. Tell Gabby it's time to make her grand appearance!

3. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

Sounds like she is very cozy in there! :) I hope she comes soon for you!

4. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Lori,
    I was wondering about you & the baby this morning and if you had went into labor over the weekend then I logged on and here was your post.
    Hopefully she will be ready to enter into the world within the next few days.
    Take it easy and don't nest too much :)
    Take Care & Best Wishes!

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:hug: Mine are bakers too! None of mine ever wanted to come out on their own! Wishing you a smooth, quick delivery!

6. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

Oh dear! Still cooking!! Hope she comes out soon for you!!

7. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Glad you updated. I went overdue with Becca and it was torture. I opted for induction at 40w4d due to her expected size. The midwives estimated 8.5-9lbs, but I just "knew" she was going to be over 10lbs. Sure enough, I was right :)

I hope she comes very soon for you!!! Sending labor dust your way!