4 yr old birthday party

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by w101ttd, Mar 25, 2014.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Hi ladies! How are you all? Hope everything has been great for you all. We have been so busy. And I almost forgot to plan their BD party!! ;( so their BD is 4/6. And we plan on having a party at chuck n cheese on Saturday;4/5. But it's too close to the date so only 10am is available on sat (10-noon. Every part has 2 hrs) or we have to do it on Sunday. I don't know if parents like to take their kids out on Sunday or not. Is 10am on Saturday is too early? Please help me out! Thank you so much!!!!

I really want just send cakes to classes. But they were invited to many classmates BD parties at magic castle. So I thought it's so sad for them to celebrate their BD in the classes and also separated.

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's not too early for me but we would be at church and unable to attend.

3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

10am on a sat (while an odd time) is not too early for me. Sundays we would still be at Sunday school too:)

4. w101ttd

I thought ppl went to church on Sunday only? They do on saturaday as well? I'm not Catholic so I have no idea. However, my kids go to Charholic school.

How about 3pm or 4 pm on Sunday?

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh crap. Sorry, I misunderstood. No, just on Sundays do we go to church. Saturday at 10 are fine in our house.

6. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

10am would be fine for me as well.  In fact, the more I think about it, it's an awesome time for a kids' party!

7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We just went to a birthday party at 10 am this past weekend. It was a perfect time; the kids weren't getting antsy waiting for the party. We were at a play center so they could have stayed as long as they wanted, but we were done by 1 and free to do other things for the rest of the day.

8. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I think 10 AM on a Saturday is a great time for a party! Especially for younger kids.

My boys had their 8th birthday party at the local zoo and we had to do it at 10 AM as well. I had the same concerns, but no-one said anything and everyone we invited was able to come, so I assume the time wasn't an issue for anyone. It worked out great on my end as well. I actually ended up liking the earlier time better than later in the day.

9. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

I find 10 am a perfect time for a party. My kids are early risers and it makes the wait not too long and we are home in time for nap at 13h00. ( yes, my kids still nap most days and they will turn 4 in July)

10. w101ttd

Thanks ladies!!! I picked 10Am on saturaday. I made reservation, invitations,. I dropped invitations in heir classmates mailboxes today. I hope everyone will RSVP by 4/2. I feel so much better! Now I have to pick out 5 types of BD themes and let them pick. Then order cakes.

Also, another questions. Do you send out thank you cards after the party? I don't want to lol. Too much work. But I think I should. Is it ok just say like "thank you for coming." ? I saw some moms wrote down who gave what. I really don't like to do that....

Anyway, I am so stressed with BD party. Ugh!

11. Rollergiraffe

The norm here is not to do thank you cards afterwards (at least, the moms I know seem to have collectively agreed it's too much effort). But if it's the norm where you are, I would probably do it.

12. mom2gc

mom2gc Well-Known Member

I like to thank the moms and kids for attending, but I also send a thank you after we have attended a party. :) Do what you feel comfortable with.  Enjoy the party. 

13. w101ttd

Thanks ladies! I have another question. So I put down RSVP by 4/2/14. If some parents don't, will they show up at the party? I just need to know to plan the room. Thanks

14. Rollergiraffe

I would just contact them after the RSVP date and ask.. tell them you need numbers.

15. w101ttd

Thanks! I don't have their phone numbers. Ugh. So far I got 1 reply email out of 24!!!?? My kids said their friends are coming. But I haven't heard anything from their parents. So I have no clue. I don't know if any kid will show up

So can I send follow up notes? Man, seriously I hate kids party. But my kids begged so much. So I am doing one.

16. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Do you have email addresses?  I would definitely send f/u notes.  Thankfully around here parents are very good about RSVP'ing, but i wouldn't hesitate to do a f/u email if i hadn't heard from someone.  good luck!

17. w101ttd

So today, I got rsvps from Michelle's class, but none from Nolan's class!!!?? It kinda surprised me since Nolan is the popular one. All the kids even from different classes love him. It sucks so bad. He told me 3-4 friends are going. But I haven't heard anything from their parents. I don't know

It will be so bad if there are just all Michelle's friends and none of his friends at the party. And when it's present time, he might not get to open any and just watch his sis open her presents. Ugh. Should I prepare some presents for him? Ugh ugh ugh

I didn't want to but I will make some follow up notes and drop in his friends mail boxes tomorrow. His teacher said I could get a phone list from the school office to call the parents. But I feel so weird to do so since I don't have their phone numbers/emails.

18. w101ttd

Hi ladies,
    So I did the follow up notes for Nolan's class. It was a good move. I got so many calls. And we had 14 kids at the party. It went pretty well. All the kids had so much fun. Some moms said The present opening was a bit chaotic. All the kids jumped in and helped with the presents. I thought That was fun. I will send out thank you notes this week. I don't want to but some parents do care!!! We got some before as well. I will just say thank you for coming,blah blah and won't mention about the presents since i didnt keep track who brought what. I hope the parents won't mind. I have read many parents made it big deal about thank you notes!!! Ugh

Oh and the reasons I didn't get replies were because I sent out invitations just a week before the party and that week was spring break in my area. I'm so happy now it was all over.

Thanks alot ladies!

19. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Michelle and Nolan!!! They are big kids now :). I am glad they had a great party! Congratulations to you as well!

20. w101ttd

Thanks Monica! Yes, they are so big now. I always tell them "please don't grow up so fast" lol