34.1 - Safe to try to get things rolling??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Ashley Lancaster, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Ashley Lancaster

Ashley Lancaster New Member

So, Im just needing thoughts on whether y'all think it'd be okay to start trying to get my body to contract more to hopefully hurry things along....

I am 34 weeks 1 day with frat b/g twins, already been a stay at home mom since 25 weeks, and have SPD. For y'all who know, you cant walk, sit, sleep, roll over, get in nor out of a car/bed without bawling... I have c-section scheduled for 2/27/17, but that requires another 4 weeks on top of the 4 months of crying and being absolutely unbearable. Sex is definitely out of question due to how much PAIN my hips/pelvis is in. Tylenol doesnt touch it, and my dr said there really is nothing they can do about SPD. And it don't help that my first DD is in the terrible 2 stage.

The last time I was at the Dr, last week, I was only 50% effaced, 0 dilation. So nothin nothing is really happenin...

Any thoughts on getting things flowing or should I stop being such a whiner??? Ways that helped to quicken it???

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

First, welcome to TS! Hopefully someone will come on with some advice. I did not have SPD but I know late in my pregnancy, my twins were not making a move. I believe I was barely effaced by 38 weeks and not even dilated. I am sorry you are in so much pain ((hugs))

Ashley Lancaster likes this.
  3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm sorry you are in so much pain-I know that last two months are just unbearable. *hugs* I delivered at 35.5 weeks and my two were born at 4/5 lbs and perfectly healthy-I did have the steroid shot at 31 weeks because I went into preterm labor-so that may have helped develop their lungs a bit more.
    I'd talk with your OB at your next appointment and see how early they'd consider scheduling your C-section. It will be here before you know it! Yay!!
    Welcome to TS!!

4. Ashley Lancaster

Ashley Lancaster New Member

I started having bad contractions early Friday morning (Feb 3) and ended up getting the steroid shots, but got sent home still having contractions. Even to this day, still contracting. But I'm not dilating. I'm 35 weeks today. Is there usually a time frame after the steroid shots that babies decide enough is enough?

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

From what I remember the steroid shot is most effective like 48 hours after the second dose but I truly believe it helped my two once I finally delivered, they were 4 weeks and 2 days early weighing 4 and 5 lbs and neither one needed time in NICU what so ever and came home with me from the hospital.
    When is your next appointment? I'd ask if you can go ahead and deliver now since you are contracting so much and having so much discomfort.
    I was 35.5 weeks and when I went in for my check up my doctor just said-you want to have these babies today? I was like heck yeah I do! He sent me straight to the hospital and said, I'll meet you there. He may have had a break in his schedule and figure it would work out best for him to be there that day but I feel like if it was safe for me then why not ask? Good luck!!!!