29 weeks, 1cm dilated, lost plug

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Baking2, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Baking2

Baking2 Member

Hey girls,

I am mainly a lurker in the forums here when I have time to get on....

I guess I now offically have time.

I have a had a few visits to labor and delivery the last 6 weeks.

This last one, my 4th @ 29w,od they decided to keep me overnight since my cervix made the change they needed to Dx PTL.

I have been frustrated as heck, KNOWING I was not nuts 2 weeks ago when I was having painful contractions and they sent me home contracting... boo.

So here I sit, on bed rest after a day and night of procardia and monitoring.

My cervix did not change during my stay at the hospital and my contractions spaced with the procardia. They gave me my 2 steriod shots as well.

They want another 2 weeks out of me, I personally am shooting for 4-6.

These are my first babies... I am not in anyway scared but dissapointed. My heart breaks to think of them coming into this world any sooner than their little bodies need....

Babies, as of yesterday, are 3lbs and some change.

2. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I am sorry that you are going through this. I hope that your little ones decide to stay in longer. I did not have any preterm labour but my boys were born early at 31 wks due to poor placental profusion. I did have the steriods. They girls on here are great for support so I am glad you have joined and hope that things work out for you. Best of luck

3. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

hang in there!
    At 29 weeks I had a 4 day stint in the hospital was much more dilated & effaced than you are.
    I had the steriod shots, took procardia at home and stayed on bedrest until 34 weeks.
    I showed up for my induction (thats right, induction!) at 37 weeks!

Feel free to read my experience as I blogged through my pregnancy my blog

4. calimom

calimom Member

I just got back from the hospital again- will be 30 weeks tomorrow. I am not dilated yet but cerix is almost nothing in length. I got the steriod shots and am taking procardia every 4 hours. I am hoping for a November delivery- that is my goal. Actually, I would love it if I could hold out and keep them in thre until at least Nov 11th- our anniversary. But, for now one day at a time. They did the FFT test on me to see if labor might happen this week and that was negative so that makes me feel better. I have only one single pregnancy to compare all this to and it was totally different so hearing all these experiences is very helpful.

5. Daffodils

Daffodils Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm also 29 weeks, been on bedrest now for a month (1 week in the hospital, 3 at home). I was not having PTL, but instead I'm almost completely effaced and 2cm dilated. I got the steroid shots in the hospital to mature the boys lungs, because they thought I was going to go right then around 25 weeks. I lost my plug around that time also. I too feel the same disappointment that my babies will be born before they are ready, and that they'll have to go through such hardship just to get to the point where a singleton would normally be born. These are my first babies as well. It's hard, but I've made it this far, you can make it longer too! :)

6. Baking2

Baking2 Member

Hey girls,

Thank you so much!
    Its nice to know your not by yourself....

I am now 32 weeks and we are still on bed rest, but doing very well.

Cervix is holding and my contractions are less and less.

I have bad days and good days.

Babies are happy in there and still growing!

I would like to hold off for a couple 3-4 weeks LOL

I'm getting greedy with my time, but why not LOL