27 week appt -low fluid baby A - hospitalized

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinmom2binva, Nov 29, 2006.

1. twinmom2binva

twinmom2binva Active Member

Everything has been rolling along just fine until my ultrasound 2 days ago. They found that baby A's fluid was very low- 1.2 cm pocket. I was sent directly to the hospital and admitted for steroid shots, IV fluids, antibiotics, etc. Just two weeks ago at my U/S the fluid was fine. So this is day 3 at the hospital and they hope for the fluid to increase tomorrow.

Things can really change at a moments notice with these precarious twin pregnancies. I did not think this would be happening to me so soon. I would love to hear about any of your experiences with low fluid. The cause seems to be unclear as there is no evidence that my water has broken.

Thanks in advance as always for support. Please pray for my babies to keep cooking for a while.

2. twinmom2binva

Everything has been rolling along just fine until my ultrasound 2 days ago. They found that baby A's fluid was very low- 1.2 cm pocket. I was sent directly to the hospital and admitted for steroid shots, IV fluids, antibiotics, etc. Just two weeks ago at my U/S the fluid was fine. So this is day 3 at the hospital and they hope for the fluid to increase tomorrow.

Things can really change at a moments notice with these precarious twin pregnancies. I did not think this would be happening to me so soon. I would love to hear about any of your experiences with low fluid. The cause seems to be unclear as there is no evidence that my water has broken.

Thanks in advance as always for support. Please pray for my babies to keep cooking for a while.

3. Mrs.B

Mrs.B Well-Known Member

I don't have anything to share, just wanted to wish you all the best and to hang in there [​IMG]

4. orangepaas

orangepaas Well-Known Member

Big hugs to you. You're not kidding how these twin pregnancies can go from A-OK to not-ok in a matter of days. My thoughts are with you and your babies!

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I agree - things can change VERY quickly! with these twin pregnancies!
    I have been pregnant 3 other times (w/singletons) and I have learned more this time than the other 3 combined!
    I'm sorry you are in the hospital - and you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

6. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital. All the monitoring is important, but it can drive you a little crazy...try to relax and drink lots of water.

Best,
    Miriam

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Sorry that you are in the hospital. I have heard the laying on your left side and drinking protein drinks can sometimes help with fluid issues. Please keep us updated.

8. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Im sorry you are in the hospital but you are in the very best place you could possibly be right now. Sending prayers your way!!

9. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

Many prayers coming your way!

10. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I'm sure you must be in a little shock...but hang in there, I'm sure you are in great hands. I think bedrest is probaby the best thing....hang in there, and prayers sent.

Jennifer

11. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Sending lots of hugs! Hope that everything is alright! Please keep us posted!

12. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

Praying that your baby's fluid increases and that you carry them for many more weeks!I'm sure you already know to drink plenty of water.
    Melanie ( 21 weeks)

13. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Sending lots of good thoughts your way...sorry to hear your in the hospital!! UGH!!

Are you having fraternal or identical twins??

Hoping they cook for many more weeks!!!

BIG HUGS!

14. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

Good luck, hope you can keep them in for longer and hear some positive news soon.

15. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear you are in hospital. But it is the best place to be. Just drink lots of water. My prayers are with you.

16. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

My prayers are with you. I hope the fluid increases and you carry those babies for many more weeks!!

17. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

You are so right about how quickly things can change; luckily your docs are monitoring carefully and have you and the babies in the safest place, if not the most comfortable.
    As for fluid, there is a lot you can do to improve the situation, like others said, laying down, keeping hydrated etc. I know it can change for the better. Last week we were told our fluid was getting low, then two days ago everything looked great! The peri said it depends on a lot of factors - one of them being maternal stress. So try not to stress! Easier said than done, I know, but 28 wks is a great milestone and you're in the right place!
    [​IMG]

18. solbrich

solbrich Member

Hang in there! I know how you feel. My Twin A has ruptured membranes and low fluid. Drink lots and lots and lots of fluid. I will be thinking of you and your precious babies...

19. twinmom2binva

Thank you all for your comments and prayers. Hospital bedrest is really a drag, but it seems to be making a difference. Baby A's fluid has come up! Now they say that my cervix is very short - like 1.5 cm-ugh.
    I hope that I can safely go home for bedrest early next week because I really think this would help my spirits. I miss my home and my furbabies so badly. Everyone but the furbabies can come visit me here. Looks like I won't be doing any xmas shopping this year either way!