16mo Twins Fighting

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by yellow77, May 2, 2008.

1. yellow77

yellow77 Well-Known Member

My 16mo frat boys are fighting left and right. They fight over everything - food, toys, ME! They screech at eachother and will push eachother down and knock the other out of the way. I can't get over that babies this young are even capable of fighting like this! Please tell me I'm not the only one with kids like this! My 3yo daughter was never like this! Any tips to stop it? I usually take the toy they're fighting over away and try to separate them. I'm at a loss though since they aren't at an age to really understand my words.
    Thanks!
    Amy

2. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

my first two rarely fight, even now but my twins came out fighting and haven't stopped yet. SOunds par for the course here.

3. yellow77

Shew! Thanks for the reassurance. I thought I may be raising a couple of gladiators!

4. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

Mine are 16.5 months old and fight non-stop. It drives me insane! :crazy:

5. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

uh.... mine are just 12mo and are already fighting. :eek:

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, it's normal. At that age, the only thing to do really is separate them.

7. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

Our boys are 17 months and have been biting each other and pushing each other.

8. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Mine are 14 months and already fighting! It isn't too often, but sometimes Jack will just start hitting Lilly, then look at me to see if I'm watching! They always seem to want to be in EXACTLY the same place, playing with EXACTLY the same toy!
    Just keep separating them... it's about all you can do at this age!
    Helen

9. yellow77

Thanks, everyone. So glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a couple of bruisers!

10. Cma

Cma Well-Known Member

Mine are 18 months (15 months adjusted) and definitely came out fighting. In our case my DD is the dominating one and just takes away everything from DS. I try intervening but now he has figured out ways to keep peace. He know she comes and gets whatever he is playing with so if she takes a book he likes he goes to slide....as soon as she goes and starts playing there, he is back with his book. Its amazing that even at this young age how much they understand and can figure out.

11. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Oh yes! I remember thinking the same thing when they were a year plus, I could not believe they were actually fist fighting and they only thing I could do was seperate. They still fight now but they get time out and they have to say sorry and give a hug.

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We have been hitting for a couple of months now and now they just learned how to pull hair...lovely :blink:

13. ~Laura M~

~Laura M~ Well-Known Member

Sounds normal. They still fight and they are four! It's so frustrating.