14 wk. update

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Raneysmama, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I had an appointment with my OB today and I guess it went well. I get soooo incredibly nervous before each appointment!! He did an ultrasound and babies seem to be growing at the right rate and have normal fluid levels. He only measured the length of the babies and only did it once...they were two days apart, but one baby's head was bent down a bit when he did the measurement. At the peri's they measure a few times to make sure it's accurate, and I wish my OB would do the same. We didn't get any pictures this time, but we videotaped it. We could see the membrane and the babies were wiggling all around.

I asked my OB some questions, just for my own info. He's done Obstetrics for over 40 years and has done ultrasounds for 20 to 25 years. He maybe remembers another case of TTTS years ago, but, other than that, he said I'm the only one he's dealt with (when I lost my girls) in the past years. And all he did was deliver them, because I was being seen by a different doctor before. He said hardly any doctor will see two monochorionic pregnancies in the same woman, especially back to back, like us...in their whole career.

I asked him about the slight swelling, which is hardly anything. He said my blood pressure is fine and they will keep an eye on it.

Please continue to pray for our babies! Thanks.

2. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I had an appointment with my OB today and I guess it went well. I get soooo incredibly nervous before each appointment!! He did an ultrasound and babies seem to be growing at the right rate and have normal fluid levels. He only measured the length of the babies and only did it once...they were two days apart, but one baby's head was bent down a bit when he did the measurement. At the peri's they measure a few times to make sure it's accurate, and I wish my OB would do the same. We didn't get any pictures this time, but we videotaped it. We could see the membrane and the babies were wiggling all around.

I asked my OB some questions, just for my own info. He's done Obstetrics for over 40 years and has done ultrasounds for 20 to 25 years. He maybe remembers another case of TTTS years ago, but, other than that, he said I'm the only one he's dealt with (when I lost my girls) in the past years. And all he did was deliver them, because I was being seen by a different doctor before. He said hardly any doctor will see two monochorionic pregnancies in the same woman, especially back to back, like us...in their whole career.

I asked him about the slight swelling, which is hardly anything. He said my blood pressure is fine and they will keep an eye on it.

Please continue to pray for our babies! Thanks.

3. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds like a good positive appointment and I hope your OB was reassuring.

Having read your story, I know this is stressful for you - but I really hope everything goes fine - I just can't imagine something as relatively rare as TTTS would happen twice to one person - but I also would never give you false hope (if that makes sense).

I'll continue to think good thoughts and hope for a healthy outcome.

Best,
    Miriam

4. funkymom

funkymom Well-Known Member

Sounds like it was a good appointment!! I have not been through TTTS, but I have my fingers (and toes) crossed for you.
    [​IMG]

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I'm glad your appt went well. I know how hard it has been for you. You will come out so strong! And what lucky babies they will be to be so loved before they were brought into the world.
    Keep us posted and I hope you are able to enjoy this pregnancy!

6. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like everything is looking good so far - I'm happy for you!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~healthy babies vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]

7. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

it sounds like everything is good. You are definately in our prayers for a continued healthy, full term pregnancy!!!