12/8/06 OB Appt...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by anglinstork, Dec 8, 2006.

1. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Well, we just returned home from our OB Appointment. Our doc is so funny and he and DH really just get each other going...telling jokes and stories and such!

Anyway...blood pressure was great at 114/62 and I'm up to 172 pounds, which is one pound in one week, so not bad.

Baby B - the higher up one - has flipped sides, where her head used to be under my right ribs...now her head is on my left side in the middle of my belly!!!

Baby A - is still down low, but doc said she's not "dangerously" low...which was good to hear. [​IMG]

Cervix measured at 4.0cm and the beaking/funneling is showing up smaller at .50cm - so he was happy with that. I told him that I stopped working and have been "resting" to my best ability and he was very happy.

He said to continue doing what we're doing so we can get well into the 30's...meaning he wants me to stay "bed resting" - he said that I can do minimal activites in the house...but that if he were me, I wouldn't go shopping at the store for whatever or pick up RJ or stuff like that.

So...I can do a little more here, like walk up and down the stairs to do some laundry, but as for leaving the house and doing a bunch of stuff...nope. Still try to "rest" for the majority of the day.

All in all, a good appointment. We see him again next Friday morning and then Friday late morning we have our growth scan ultrasound.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

2. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Well, we just returned home from our OB Appointment. Our doc is so funny and he and DH really just get each other going...telling jokes and stories and such!

Anyway...blood pressure was great at 114/62 and I'm up to 172 pounds, which is one pound in one week, so not bad.

Baby B - the higher up one - has flipped sides, where her head used to be under my right ribs...now her head is on my left side in the middle of my belly!!!

Baby A - is still down low, but doc said she's not "dangerously" low...which was good to hear. [​IMG]

Cervix measured at 4.0cm and the beaking/funneling is showing up smaller at .50cm - so he was happy with that. I told him that I stopped working and have been "resting" to my best ability and he was very happy.

He said to continue doing what we're doing so we can get well into the 30's...meaning he wants me to stay "bed resting" - he said that I can do minimal activites in the house...but that if he were me, I wouldn't go shopping at the store for whatever or pick up RJ or stuff like that.

So...I can do a little more here, like walk up and down the stairs to do some laundry, but as for leaving the house and doing a bunch of stuff...nope. Still try to "rest" for the majority of the day.

All in all, a good appointment. We see him again next Friday morning and then Friday late morning we have our growth scan ultrasound.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

3. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Great appointment!! Glad to hear your cervix is behaving. It's nice to know that you can do a little bit more around the house but be careful about it, not that I need to tell you. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

Great news! I'm sure it was nice to see confirmation about your decision to stop working reflected in the outcome of the appt. That's great that you enjoy your dr. so much! Mine's nice, but not a comedian! [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Sounds like a good appt for you! Glad that everything went well! Also glad to hear that you have a little more freedom now!

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you had a good appointment. Glad the reigns were loosened a little just try not to over do it!

7. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] for a great appointment