Zooper Tango Stroller

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by rrodman, Apr 15, 2008.

1. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering this stroller, but there is no place around me where I can actually try one. I would be interested in any opinions people have.

My twins are only 10 weeks, and I posted this on the First Year forum as well, but I thought I'd broaden my feedback by posting here as well. Thanks!

2. AmyDeanna

AmyDeanna Well-Known Member

I had one and liked it. It was a little bulky and definitely heavy. I didn't have a minivan at the time, but I think it would of been much easier lifting into a van, rather then a trunk. It definitely feels much sturdier then the combi or peg perego (in my opinion) and handles nicely. It also a nice underneath storage basket, cons was it had no trays for the children.

Amy

3. rrodman

QUOTE(AmyDeanna @ Apr 15 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]723439[/snapback]
    I had one and liked it. It was a little bulky and definitely heavy. I didn't have a minivan at the time, but I think it would of been much easier lifting into a van, rather then a trunk. It definitely feels much sturdier then the combi or peg perego (in my opinion) and handles nicely. It also a nice underneath storage basket, cons was it had no trays for the children.

Amy

Thanks! We do have a minivan (and we are already dealing with a Graco tandem). Were you able to find any good alternatives to the snack tray? Did you end up getting something else that you liked better?

4. Lisala

Lisala Well-Known Member

Rachael!!!!! I solved our snack tray dilemma!!!! :lol: :lol:

You have *got* to check out this website, they sell add-on accessories for virtually any stroller - the Tango included!

Here's a link to the items that work with Zoopers - there is a snack tray that's perfect!

http://www.carryyou.com/zooper.html

5. Lisala

Lisala Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmyDeanna @ Apr 16 2008, 12:05 AM) [snapback]723439[/snapback]

Amy

Amy - Can you compare it's weight to any other strollers? I have a Graco Duoglider right now that is really heavy, and when you add in the kids' weight - it's like I am pushing 80lbs. of weight around altogether. I also have a Peg Perego Aria Twin that is super light - the Tango seems somewhere in the middle. Is it fairly easy to pick up the way it folds, just heavy? Or, is it cumbersome to pick up when it's folded?

Also, did you find the handling really that much better than a PP Aria Twin - because I think the handling on that stroller is the ultimate pits and I struggle with it all the time - it also does not handle little bumps or imperfections in sidewalks well, either. I am hoping the Tango does better in this regard.

Any insight you can share would really be appreciated!!

6. AmyDeanna

I had a graco duoglider and absolutely hated it...it was hard to push and turn, heavy, difficult to fold and get in the car, etc.. I don't think the Tango is as heavy as the duoglider. It manuevered really well. Moms in my twin group have the Peg Perego and it seems flimsy with small wheels. The Tango has bigger stronger wheels which I think made the ride smoother and more easy to manuever. Although I assume as the kids get heavier it will get harder. I don't have mine anymore, because I have a singleton as well now, and I have the double sit and stand (which is a total pain in the butt to manuever). When folded its flat, and I don't think it was difficult, just heavy to lift (but at the time I had an SUV and had to lift it up higher and lay it flat which made it harder) To me the Tango seemed almost like a jogging stoller because of the larger wheels. The wheels aren't like plastic cheapy wheels on most strollers, I think they are air pumped. The handling is definitely better then the aria twin in my opinion. The only cons I had about the stroller were the lack of trays and that there was no separation between the seats....kind of like it was one big seat and ofter my girls would cross their legs over to the others seat. Not a big deal, but sometimes they would annoy each other by doing that. I noticed the 2008 version isn't like that when I looked online, the model I had was like this http://www.harvardbooksellers.com/spproduc.../B000CQXYPK.htm.

Good luck,
    Amy

7. rrodman

QUOTE(Lisala @ Apr 16 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]724886[/snapback]
    Rachael!!!!! I solved our snack tray dilemma!!!! :lol: :lol:

You have *got* to check out this website, they sell add-on accessories for virtually any stroller - the Tango included!

Here's a link to the items that work with Zoopers - there is a snack tray that's perfect!

http://www.carryyou.com/zooper.html

Thanks! That looks great.

QUOTE(AmyDeanna @ Apr 16 2008, 08:39 PM) [snapback]725281[/snapback]
    I had a graco duoglider and absolutely hated it...it was hard to push and turn, heavy, difficult to fold and get in the car, etc.. I don't think the Tango is as heavy as the duoglider. It manuevered really well. Moms in my twin group have the Peg Perego and it seems flimsy with small wheels. The Tango has bigger stronger wheels which I think made the ride smoother and more easy to manuever. Although I assume as the kids get heavier it will get harder. I don't have mine anymore, because I have a singleton as well now, and I have the double sit and stand (which is a total pain in the butt to manuever). When folded its flat, and I don't think it was difficult, just heavy to lift (but at the time I had an SUV and had to lift it up higher and lay it flat which made it harder) To me the Tango seemed almost like a jogging stoller because of the larger wheels. The wheels aren't like plastic cheapy wheels on most strollers, I think they are air pumped. The handling is definitely better then the aria twin in my opinion. The only cons I had about the stroller were the lack of trays and that there was no separation between the seats....kind of like it was one big seat and ofter my girls would cross their legs over to the others seat. Not a big deal, but sometimes they would annoy each other by doing that. I noticed the 2008 version isn't like that when I looked online, the model I had was like this http://www.harvardbooksellers.com/spproduc.../B000CQXYPK.htm.

Good luck,
    Amy

Thanks for all the info - it's really helpful.

8. Lisala

Lisala Well-Known Member

Amy - Thanks for sharing all that great info. The 2008 model seems to have resolved some of the problems with the previous model, the separate seats being one, and the separate canopies being another. It's good to know about the tires and the easy handling - this is one of my prime considerations when looking at a stroller, especially this expensive! One other question if you drop back in here, did it fit through most doorways?

9. AmyDeanna

It fits, but its tight.... I guess it all depends on the opening. Most doorways, I had to make sure the wheels were going straight forward and not at an angle or anything, or it would catch the door.

Amy

10. Lisala

Lisala Well-Known Member

Thanks, Amy, I find I have to do the same exact thing with the PP Aria Twin, so at least I'm used to wrestling with the stroller to get wheels aligned. lol