Your twin stats...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommaoffour_ohmy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

So I know there is a section for this but I was hoping you would all share, since its a 'done deal' for most of you...

What was your gestation at delivery?

How long were the babies in the NICU & why?

What was thier birth weight?

I wish I had a crystal ball for myself, but I dont so ya'll are teh next best thing :laughing:

2. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

I was 36 weeks exactly, delivered c-section because of low amniotic fluid and doctor felt they would grow better out than in. I wasn't putting on enough weight and their growth had slowed.

They were born at 4 lb 5 oz (16") and 4 lb 10 oz (19")

Total of 9 days in the hospital in the regular nursery. They had a neonatologist who saw them every day on his rounds, but were never moved to the NICU. They did have 2 days in and out of the incubator because they were skinny and struggled to maintain their temperatures (we could hold them whenever we wanted and feed them). They couldn't go home until they met 3 conditions: gain weight (not reach a certain weight but continue growth- they came home at their birth weights), ate on their own all feedings for 24 hours (they were gavage fed whatever they didn't take by bottle), and maintain their temps on their own.

They are now almost 10 weeks old. They had their 2 month appointment last Wednesday and were 9 lb 12 oz (21.5") and 8 lb 12 oz (20.5").

Good luck to you!

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

37 weeks
    6 lbs and 5lbs, 4 oz.
    They weren't in the NICU - they were in the regular nursery. Born on Monday evening and got to come home on Thursday afternoon. Gabriel (the smaller of the two) had to be under the heat lamp the first day and they were both slightly jaundiced, but not enough to put them in the NICU or to keep them in the hospital any longer.

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

38 weeks 5 days
    5lbs 14oz & 6lbs 8oz
    No NICU time needed.

5. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

What was your gestation at delivery? Scheduled c-section at 38 weeks 2 days.

How long were the babies in the NICU & why? No Nicu time necessary.

What was thier birth weight? Jacob was 7 lbs 6 oz, Katelyn was 8 lbs 2 oz.

6. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

Born at 35w6days after 12weeks of hospital bedrest

No nicu needed, made the bedrest sooo worth it!

Colin was 6lbs1oz and 18inches, Lauren was 4lbs15oz and 16inches!

Good Luck!

7. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Born at 37 weeks and 4 days - scheduled C-section - both were breech - I could had carried them longer but my OB didn't want to take a chance of my water breaking and one of the cords slipping out since there was no head to block the way
    Twin A - Vanessa - 6# 5 oz - 18"3/4
    Twin B - Max - 6#5 oz - 19" 3/4
    No NICU time, they were born on Friday and came home with us on Monday

Good Luck, I hope your twins are just as good or better. Now, if you want to find out details about the first few nights at home... :) that was interesting.

8. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I was induced at 36wks 6 days (basically 37 wks)

Baby A didn't spend any time in the NICU and Baby B was in the NICU for two hours for monioring after birth. It wasn't an emergency. She was in the delivery room with us until I went to recovery (had a c/s for her) and never needed any type of assistance. She was just breathing a little sluggish I think their words were and they wanted to watch her. She was fine though. Baby A apgars were 8/9 and Baby B 7/9. If I am remembering correctly.

Baby A was 5.15 and 18 3/4", Baby B was 6.9 and 19 3/4"

9. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

Born @ 34 weeks, after 5 weeks of hospital bedrest.

baby A was 5lb 40z.
    baby b was 4lb 11oz.

A was in the NICU 10 days and B was in for 12 days.

10. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

34weeks
    NICU for JT was 2 days and Jack was 5 days, stepdown NICU was JT: 15 days Jack: 12 days:)
    JT was 4lbs 8oz and Jack 4lbs 10oz both 18inches delivered vaginally after 6wks bedrest and my body just couldn't hold out any longer I guess:)

Good luck to you!!!

11. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

38 weeks
    6.14 lbs and 5.8 lbs.
    No nicu time.
    Vaginal delivery.

12. KStorey

KStorey Well-Known Member

37 weeks 4 days
    No NICU. We went home the next day. Only stayed the night because I had a epi.
    Baby A was 6lb 13oz. Baby B was 7lb.
    Vaginal delivery. Baby A head down, Baby B breech extraction.
    Good luck

13. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

34 wks 1 day
    Jazz 15 days-temp and suck swallow
    Jess 21 days- temp and size

Jazz 4lbs 9oz
    Jess 2lbs 13oz

14. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

We are just out of the first year, but can't stay away! LOL

What was your gestation at delivery? 38w5d for a scheduled section - Baby A was footling breech and was actually transverse at delivery, Baby B was breech.

How long were the babies in the NICU & why? No NICU at all - they were in the nursery for 1hr longer than they required (2hr minimum observation post section) because they were waiting for me to recover from a very bad surgery.

What was thier birth weight? 6lb 5oz, and 6lb 9oz

15. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

Scheduled c-section at 38 weeks.

No NICU.

5 pounds, 9 ounces and 5 pounds, 8 ounces.

16. RJ2006

RJ2006 Well-Known Member

36 w 4 days. A was 5lbs 11oz and B was 5lbs 8oz.
    No Nicu time.
    C section (planned due to breach presenting Baby)
    Water broke, went in to labor.

17. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Scheduled c/s at 38 weeks.

Anthony ended up in the NICU two days after his birth. I noticed his breathing was labored(chest was sinking in). Many tests later, they said he had fluid in the lungs based on the x-rays. However, based on the bloodwork, he was clear. But they treated him for pneumonia anyways. That's what kept him there for 7 days-the antibiotics for pneumonia. He also had a small heart murmur that was gone before discharge. And he was found to have a saccral dimple, which they did an MRI for. And....he also had a severe chordee/hypospadias as well that was repaired at 1 yr and 2 yr with surgery.

Nicholas was 6lbs13oz and Anthony was 6lbs3oz.

What I learned in all of this was that regardless on when you have them-whether it's 32 weeks, or 40 weeks, there is always a chance of a stay in the NICU. And if that's the case-it is the best place for them to be!

18. hsddc

hsddc Well-Known Member

What was your gestation at delivery? 39 weeks exactly--scheduled C/S. Those kids did not want to budge! Not even an inkling of a contraction. Baby A was transverse and Baby B was breech.

How long were the babies in the NICU & why? No NICU time needed.

What was thier birth weight? DD was 6 lbs, 2 oz and DS was 5 lbs, 9 ozs--now he's got at least a pound on her!

19. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

20. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

What was your gestation at delivery? Scheduled c-section at 37 weeks 2 days.

How long were the babies in the NICU & why? No Nicu time necessary.

What was thier birth weight? Emilie was 5 lbs 10 oz, Jillian was 6 lbs 3 oz.

21. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

38 weeks exactly - scheduled c-section (A breech and B transverse)

No NICU time

Jude was 5lbs 2oz, Zoe was 5lbs even.

22. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

Emergency C-section. Severe Pre- E and High blood pressure and low platelet count at doc visit. Had them at 34 weeks and 2 days.

No NICU time needed.

Lillianah--5.4
    Zoey Grace---5.11

23. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

What was your gestation at delivery? 37 weekds 1 day

How long were the babies in the NICU & why? my baby B was in NICU for 2 weeks for severe jaundice, sepsis and UTI

What was thier birth weight? Baby A was 6lbs 9oz and 19.5 inches, Baby B was 5lbs 2oz and 18.6 inches

24. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

What was your gestation at delivery?
    37wks 6days (induced at 37wks 5days)

How long were the babies in the NICU & why?
    my daughter never went to the NICU, my son went right after birth, stayed for 1.5days, then was out for a few hours before going back in for another day then we were sent home only to have him go back in to the NICU the next night for 7 more days for severe jaundice and sepsis.

What was thier birth weight?
    my daughter (baby a) was 6lbs8oz, 5lbs 14oz at discharge, and 8lbs at 3wks 2days.
    my son was 7lbs5oz at birth, 6lbs12oz at discharge, 6lbs4oz lowest weight during long NICU stay, and 7lbs6oz at 3wks 2days

25. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

37 weeks 6 days induced
    5 lbs 8 onces
    5 lbs 14 onces
    They went right to my hospital room and we left for home one and half days later.

It looks like you have already made it to 35 weeks. Your doing great! Good luck :)

26. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

34w1d

13 days - Danika was on CPAP for about 18 hours & also had some jaundice. after that though they were just feeding & growing.

4 lbs 2 oz & 5 lbs 7 oz

27. kerina313

kerina313 Well-Known Member

Born 35 weeks 2 days. Baby A 5 lbs 7 oz Baby B 5 lbs 12 oz. No NICU time. Went home in 4 days.

28. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

Born vaginally at 34w2d because I was having contractions and severe HELLP-syndrome. E was 1900 gram and N was 1600 gram. Exactly five weeks NICU for both of them. It is common in our country to have preemies stay in hospital till (close to) their due date.

29. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

What was your gestation at delivery? 36 weeks 4 days

How long were the babies in the NICU & why? no NICU

What was thier birth weight? Claire was 5 lbs 11 oz and Athan was 4 lbs 15 oz

30. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

37 weeks 1 day- scheduled induction due to high blood pressure

No NICU time

Ethan was 6lbs 6oz and Chase was 5lbs 12oz

31. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

My girls were born at 33 weeks and 1 day... after 9 weeks of moderate bedrest

Early emerg c-section due to baby B having growth restriction, bad cord blood flow.

Weights A-- 4 lb 8 oz
    B-- 3 lb 10 oz

NICU stay was almost 3 weeks, with 3 days in pediatrics. They never has any breathing issues and were taken off IV by day 2.

**Baby B did end up back in the hospital because she stopped breathing when eating just one week after coming home. She had to stay another week to figure out how to remember to eat and breathe.

They are both fabulous now, rounding the corner to 1yr old and meeting all their milestones. Happy and healthy :)

32. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

I was 33 weeks, 6 days. Our boys were mono/di and our Baby B was diagnosed Wirh IUGR around 18 weeks, so I feel lucky that we made it that long. Baby A was 4 lb. 2 oz. and in the NICU for 23 days. Baby B was 3 lb. 2 oz. and in the NICU for exactly one week longer, 30 days. They kept them in for feeding and growing, and also for Brady episodes. Our NICU requires preemies to go 5 straight days without a Brady before they will release them. They are just over 7 weeks old now and doing fantastic. They are growing great and perfectly healthy!

33. tmhuckle

tmhuckle Member

37 weeks 1 day
    Scheduled c-section - both were head down and a vaginal delivery would be too stressful on twin a who supposedly had iugr.
    A-5lbs5oz
    B-5lbs9oz

Baby B had 2 hours of NICU time to get his colour more pink

34. Sandy005

Sandy005 Well-Known Member

Delivered by C-section at 37.6 weeks (no signs of delivering on my own. I was not effaced or dilated .. I think they were so far out over the birth canal - they were not able to swim back to put me into labor[​IMG])

No NICU time

A (Ally) was 6#9oz 18 3/4"
    B(Anna) was 7#1oz 19"
    both were very close to the u/s weights

Good Luck to you! Soon those babies will come out to meet you [​IMG]!

35. rkokinda

rkokinda Well-Known Member

Gestation: 37w5d, delivered by scheduled c-section (twin B was transverse and very high), not even dialated a fingertip the day before the c-section! Those girls were not budging.

Twin A - 6lbs8oz and 19"
    Twin B - 5lbs8oz and 20" (yup, longer and skinnier)
    No NICU, roomed in with us the whole time :)