Your hair

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by rensejk, Oct 20, 2008.

1. rensejk

rensejk Well-Known Member

Before Babies, I had beautiful thick wavy hair that was a nice medium brown in color. Then I went through the usual thickening during pregnancy and then the 4-month PP hair loss. But the hair loss kinda just... continued, on and off, and now we have 16-month-olds and my hair has changed for the worse. It is now much thinner and darker. Oh, and now there are some gray strands in there, which doesn't bother me as much as the other things.

I'm only 30! I eat healthy! Is this stress? Have any of you experienced thinner, darker hair after babies?

2. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I definitely noticed mine is thinner, I already have really dark hair so it was hard to tell. Mine is still falling out a lot too!

3. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Mine has changed a ton. It was an easy to manage curly/wavy - now dryer and not really wavy anymore but not straight - oh and humidity makes it even worse!!! I miss my old hair!!

4. agolden

agolden Well-Known Member

Wow. misery loves company so I'm glad it's not only me. I used to have ringlets that, with the right product, would stay nice all day. Now I have a frizzy mess which is coming out in clumps. It sucks so bad. The only benefit is that I don't have much time to look in the mirror - It never looks nice anymore :(

5. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not alone!!

I was a wavy, dark blonde---now I am a light brunette with FRIZZY hair. Gone are my nice waves and dirty blonde locks ( though I have to admit his has gotten darker every year (light blonde as a kid to dark blonde as an adult, but was always blonde/Sandy colored until kids)...now it just looks like dusty brown. lol. More ashy than anythign else.

SIGH--DH asks where 'the blonde he married' went, sorry buster- she left and took the flat tummy, tone thighs, endless energy, soft skin, and perky chest too!!

6. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Mine has gotten curlier since the first pregnancy! And my mom's red hair changed to brown at age 30 after 3 kids. But then again so did my dad's. Mine hasn't changed color which is also red, but it definitely is not the same as before.

7. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

Can't say mine has changed color but the curl is hardly there. And, I lost alot of hair too and I guess that now that it is growing back it gives my hair that extra frizz!!

8. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

mine is always in a ponytail, so i have no idea! :(

9. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

My texture is mostly the same -- wavy -- but it's frizzier and not as shiny as it used to be. I think that's partially because I spend less than 20 seconds on it per day, LOL.

And, it's already jet black, so the color hasn't changed, but I definitely see a gray strand here or there (which I promptly pull out!). But, after the 4-month-PP hair loss stopped, it's pretty much back to its usual thickness.

10. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

My hair was thick and unmanageable before but the color was nice and it was always shiny. Now, it is thicker and more unmanageable and the color is mousy and flat. The texture is coarser too.

11. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

A LOT of my hair fell out post-pg and it started to grow back but it's still not where it used to be and it's frizzy too. Honestly I don't think anything about my body is back to where it used to be, and I'm 23:) I've also heard that women's hair darkens after they have children. So maybe thats why? I haven't noticed the color change as much, but I highlight my hair regularly. Don't feel bad though, you aren't alone. I figure it can only get better right?

MJ

12. Anne-J

Anne-J Well-Known Member

But the hair loss kinda just... continued, on and off, and now we have 16-month-olds and my hair has changed for the worse. It is now much thinner and darker.

My kids are nearly four, and this is still happening to my hair. Although, this year has been better than the last three.

You are definitely not alone.

13. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

My hair is back to normal and finally stopped falling out, but I keep finding grays!! :angry:

14. li li

li li Well-Known Member

I used to have ringlets that, with the right product, would stay nice all day. Now I have a frizzy mess

Absolutely. Mine will now stay in ringlets for about 1 hour after I wash it - once a week at the moment! The rest of the time is a straightish frizzy yuck.

My sister's hair started very curly and frizzy and with each child got straighter and straighter until after child number 7, it's totally straight - no frizz and lovely and thick. My hairdresser didn't believe that her hair straightened after each child until she saw the effect on me. She was stunned.

Maybe I should just keep on producing and eventually I too could have lovely straight sleek hair - now if I could only pursuade DH!

15. Andrea415

Andrea415 Active Member

I am with you also. I lost a lot of hair but it all started to grow back in until just over the past 6 months I have noticed that I am loosing hair again :eek: .
    I have not noticed any major change in the color but I have red hair and the color always seems to change.

16. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

My hair pre-babies was a medium, auburn curly brown. After babies (and after all the falling out), it was a bit darker and not as curly(more of a wavy/straight/frizzy combo). I hate to think what's gonna happen after this birth.

17. hikerkira

hikerkira Well-Known Member

Yeah, after DS was born my hair went flat and a bit darker red.

After the twins were born it turned even darker red and I have a gray patch on one temple! (yeah, I hide that!) Plus it just doesn't seem as responsive as before. It has always been thin, fine and straight, not it still is but not as manageable.

18. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

mine has not gotten thinner, it's gotten curlier and darker though.

19. OctoberBabies

OctoberBabies Well-Known Member

If one more person asks where my red hair went or tells me that my hair is brown . . . !! :angry:
    I was born with red hair, it's always been red - on the darker side - and wavy/curly and thick. Now it is more brown and drab looking. There is still red there, but not like it used to be. And where ever these white, wiry things are coming from, I really wish they'd go back! I can't complain too much - it is still thick (though not as thick) and wavy/curly.

20. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't notice any change in my hair after my oldest DD. But since the twins were born 2.5 years ago, my hair is MUCH thicker and curlier (and it was already thick and curly). I can only dream my hair would thin out.

21. mommato3

mommato3 Member

I am only 27 and my hair used to be so thinck, it has thinned out and is so brittle..i finally chopped it all off....and i have a decent amount of greys too!

22. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had thick mostly pepper salt and pepper hair pre kids. I never really had the 4-6 month pp hairloss. Now I have mostly salt in my hair and my hair just recently started falling out in clumps though.