Your Favorite Jogger...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by vivalalexa, Mar 18, 2008.

1. vivalalexa

vivalalexa Well-Known Member

Hey ladies:

I'd like your recommendations on joggers. I'm going to stalk craigslist for as long as it takes to get a good one for a good price!!

I do know the major downfall is that they are heavy so if that's the worst you can say about it, great!

I just need one that is easy to move, will fit in the trunk of a VW Passat.

Also, should I cave in and also get a Combi SBS? Money is tight but it could be possible to get both if I NEED them. But would a jogger work for everything?

2. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

BOB Revolution Dualie...however, not sure it will fit in your trunk. I don't generally take mine in the car - just use it for jogging from my house but my car is big enough if we need to take it. Best stroller ever and I did lots of research.

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Bob Revolution Duallie! And it folds down to fit in the trunk of my Prius. :)

4. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Bob Revolution Duallie here too! I live on the side of a really steep hill, so we have to get in the car to go anywhere. My stroller lives in the back of my car and doesn't weigh any more than the Graco Duoglide that we had when the girls were in infant seats. You don't need a Combi side-by-side with the Duallie because it has a wheel in the front that can lock for jogging or rotate for shopping and walks. Just FYI - the 2006 model seats only recline about 40%. The 2007 and 2008 model seats recline 75%, so almost flat.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I think I'm the only one that actually likes tandems, but the Jane Powertwin is an awesome all-purpose stroller. We live in a really hilly area and its stears like a dream. You can lock the front wheel and jog with it and it has adjustable suspesion so the kiddos always have a smooth ride. It also folds pretty compact and fits into the back of my station wagon with room for other things. One draw back is a small basket underneath, but I can push and steel with one hand so that leave the other free to hold a basket at the grocery store.

Oh and the shades in the picture come off so the baby in the back can see everything (its raised a bit). Yes its expensive, but we got ours off craigslist for a decent price.

6. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Baby Jogger Performance Double - has big 20" bicycle tires, very smooth ride, front wheel doesn't swivel on this model BUT if you run a lot, you will appreciate being able to push with 1 hand and not have the jogger be going all over the place and out of control, has nice storage for carrying water bottles, hand and foot brakes, LOVE mine and it gets used every day! So smooth and easy to push that I've run several long runs pushing my boys, did a 16 miler a couple weekends ago and was quite comfortable pushing the jogger.

ETA: kind of a pain to fold down and is kind of heavy, but other than that, its awesome!

7. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

We bought the Schwin double jogger - it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles the BOB has but it also costs a whole lot less. I don't run fast so the front wheel swivels when walking and I can lock it out for running. The seats are deep so they don't recommend using until 6 months. I like everything else about it.

We have 2 strollers - the jogger just doesn't work for me in stores. It fits through lots of doors but it's just too bulky. I have a old Peg side by side that I love and am going to replace this spring.

8. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

Safari Instep TT...I love it and need no other stroller! It isn't heavy, just a little awkward when you fold it...but so easy to move!